How do I comply with the Covid 19 reporting requirements for a traveller returning from the UK

I returned from the UK today and submitted my T8 form via the AOT app.

The immigration officer did not seem at all interested when I showed him the screenshot from the app as you are advised to do

i understand I have to report my medical condition and confirm my location for the next two weeks but I have no idea how to do this

The TATnews website says there is an app to do this:

• Travellers must record their own symptoms in the reporting system and monitor their symptoms strictly as required by the MOPH. 
  • The traveller must notify the disease control officer about the places he/she visits, so that a surveillance officer can closely monitor his/her movement and contacts.

The FAQ page refers to an QR code that you can use to download the app but does not provide any link to the webpage with the QR code. It says it is “displayed at the disease control office”

https://www.tatnews.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Thailand-Department-of-Disease-Control-Q_A_measures-for-travelers_16March2020.pdf

Edited by pj123

Had same experience Saturday evening returning from Australia. Visa exempt so had my bht 20k, proof of residence and ticket out of Thailand within the 30 days.

IO guy didn't ask to see anything, just stamped me in for 30 days. 

Had also downloaded AOT app for T8 and completed. Seemed like a very good idea but IO guy was just shrugged his shoulders when l tried to show him, as if "what do you want me to do about it?"

I did submit online after completing and got the approved tick. Perhaps l'll get a home visit during the next 2 weeks if anyone on plane comes up positive?

• Haha 1

So, with this app, is it neccessary to stay in the same place/hotel/home (i.e. a proper quarantine) or is it just for tracking movements (so they know where you have been in case you end up infected)?

My mum has just arrived and everyone had to install this app before they would be allowed through immigration. She seems to think she can leave the house.

Edited by FruitPudding

On 3/19/2020 at 5:41 PM, FruitPudding said:

So, with this app, is it neccessary to stay in the same place/hotel/home (i.e. a proper quarantine) or is it just for tracking movements (so they know where you have been in case you end up infected)?

My mum has just arrived and everyone had to install this app before they would be allowed through immigration. She seems to think she can leave the house.

I have been wondering that too. So far I get the idea that its for the latter, which is tracking movements. Otherwise I been wondering how are we suppose to report our symptoms and location which is by far a mystery.  Perhaps that feature of reporting isn't implemented beyond just the T8 form. 

Edited by PeterHs