Prosecution looming after overweight truck causes bridge collapse in Bangkok

webfact

Prosecution looming after overweight truck causes bridge collapse in Bangkok

5pm1.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

Naew Na reported that a section of the bridge on the Bang Khun Thian - Chai Thalay road had collapsed into Klong Krapho. 

This was causing severe traffic problems in the Bang Khun Thian area.

Deputy Bangkok governor Sakchai Bunma said that civil engineers reported to him that a truck/trailer carrying four rolls of metal had caused the collapse. 

A tire had blown out causing the lowering of the body of the truck and structural failure of the bridge. 

5pm2.jpg

Picture: Naew Na

A temporary "Berry" bridge is being installed today and a permanent solution should be finished within 2 weeks. 

Engineers have reported the culprit to the local police and are demanding compensation for the repairs. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-17
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Has anyone noticed that none of the place names on any of these types of stories can be entered into Google to find the actual location?

It is as if the reporter or news source wants the location to remain a secret.

Insecurity getting to people in a non English speaking environment perhaps? Just Google the Thai news and it shows exactly which bridge it is.

BuggeredBridge.jpg

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Has anyone noticed that none of the place names on any of these types of stories can be entered into Google to find the actual location?

Conspiracy theorist?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Does someone know what a temporary "berry bridge" may be.

I believe it may have been meant to sound like "Bailey bridge".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bailey_bridge

Edited by ratcatcher
Justgrazing had ceased grazing for a moment and posted before me.
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

If translation is inaccurate why bother posting on an English forum?

There is never an exact translation available, it depends which method is used. I have just done a google search using an English only search (whereas my previous was Thai search) and Google suggests and takes me straight to the road concerned. Note the slight change of spelling of Thale from Thaley in o/p. Hardly a big issue or case of hidden agenda by Thais that you implied.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&sxsrf=ALeKk00d-ulIpc72o99l1NqbcTIjL9ydig:1584429680127&q=Bang+Khun+Thian+-+Chai+Thale+road&spell=1&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjXpIXC_KDoAhUPfisKHf28DcQQBSgAegQICxAn&biw=1365&bih=804&dpr=1.88 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Nothing preventing you from entering the places named into Google maps.  Neither is there anything that suggests that the location should be kept secret....

"Naew Na reported that a section of the bridge on the Bang Khun Thian - Chai Thalay road had collapsed into Klong Krapho". 

How much more precise do you want the location to be?  As you're obviously going there it would be wise to avoid the Bang Khun Thian to Chai Thalay road where it crosses Klong Krapho.

4 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

No.

3 hours ago, Nyezhov said:
4 hours ago, steve187 said:

those chains look a bit slack

Ya think?

Well, the truck is stationary in the photo and perhaps the chains have been loosened in preparation for being moved to facilitate the wheel replacement, or their move to another vehicle as the pic shows only three rolls when it started out with four rolls.

Edited by Just Weird

Report said that the truck was carrying FOUR rolls of steel.  Am I going blind because I can only see and count three?  Alternatively, is this a new scam for an insurance claim?  My problem with that thought, is that it is the missing roll is the second from the front.  How was that managed?

'nuf sed

37 minutes ago, ifmu said:

oh and the concrete is never a problem in thailand .. they never have structures fall down due to poor concrete ..  ..

When has an engineer ever under designed the load on a bridge (or anything else for that matter).

The 4 rolls of steel seem to be the real explanation #21