visa run as planned or anticipated

hello
i have scheduled my annual visa run to savannakhet at the end of april. Bought already a bus ticket and a flight ticket too.
Now with the recent outbreak of the covid-19 i am facing a great doubt : if it is better for me to anticipate
since right now everything seems working normal or wait.
Furthermore, being an italian citizen i am afraid there will be issues when re-entering Thailand from Laos (my last visit in Italy is dated May 2019).
Just not sure what the best option is: waiting or anticipating
What would you do in my place?

If you get the visa in Savannakhet at this time you would not have a problem entering the country.

Only if you were arriving here from Italy would there be a problem.

I assume you going for a non-o visa. Just make sure you have everything needed to get it.

Best to do the trip to get the visa IMO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If you get the visa in Savannakhet at this time you would not have a problem entering the country.

Only if you were arriving here from Italy would there be a problem.

I assume you going for a non-o visa. Just make sure you have everything needed to get it.

Best to do the trip to get the visa IMO.

thanks Ubonjoe

so you mean you would go now and wouldn't wait for the end of april right? (my 90 days report end on the 28th of april and i have already paid for flight and bus)

19 minutes ago, 72BKK said:

thanks Ubonjoe

so you mean you would go now and wouldn't wait for the end of april right? (my 90 days report end on the 28th of april and i have already paid for flight and bus)

I didn't mean to do it now.

When does your visa expire?

You also have the option to get a 60 day extension if married to a Thai if needed.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I didn't mean to do it now.

When does your visa expire?

You also have the option to get a 60 day extension if married to a Thai if needed.

my visa expired at the beginning of February so i made a border run just a few days before and now i am allowed to stay in the Kingdom until 28th of April. I could extend 2 months like suggested by you because you are right i have a non O with thai spouse but i live in Hua Hin and I am not sure Hua Hin local Immigration could do me such a "favour" (i was told they are not very farang friendly). Do you think they could? Because i am not going to Chaeng Wattana (i hate it)

17 minutes ago, 72BKK said:

I could extend 2 months like suggested by you because you are right i have a non O with thai spouse but i live in Hua Hin and I am not sure Hua Hin local Immigration could do me such a "favour" (i was told they are not very farang friendly).

It would not be a "favor" for them to issue the 60 day extension since they are done all the time. Nothing special about getting it.

I have seen mostly good reports about Hua Hin immigration.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have seen mostly good reports about Hua Hin immigration.

I am corresponding with a TVF member who is married to a thai national for many years, but HuaHin IO refuses to handle his application for a 1-year extension of stay based on his original OA Visa for reason of marriage.  And he cannot extend for reason of retirement as he is over 75 years of age, and hence no possibility to meet the health-insurance requirement.  So they are forcing him to leave the country and apply abroad or on his return in-country for the Non Imm O - marriage Visa.

Any cases of OA Visa holders who successfully applied for an extension of stay of their original OA Visa for reason of marriage at the HuaHin office?

On 3/17/2020 at 11:23 AM, Peter Denis said:

I am corresponding with a TVF member who is married to a thai national for many years, but HuaHin IO refuses to handle his application for a 1-year extension of stay based on his original OA Visa for reason of marriage.  And he cannot extend for reason of retirement as he is over 75 years of age, and hence no possibility to meet the health-insurance requirement.  So they are forcing him to leave the country and apply abroad or on his return in-country for the Non Imm O - marriage Visa.

Any cases of OA Visa holders who successfully applied for an extension of stay of their original OA Visa for reason of marriage at the HuaHin office?

UPDATE > It's not the HuaHin office but the Tha Yang, Petchaburi IO that is refusing to handle his application.

Any cases of OA Visa holders who successfully applied for an extension of stay of their original OA Visa for reason of marriage at this Tha Yang, Petchaburi office?