"other Airlines Have A Lot To Learn"

Thailand

If this is the case then other airlines need to learn that it is quite acceptable to advertise a new flight and then when the advertised day for booking comes around just cancel everything and not tell anybody.

This is exactly what AirAsia have done. They have been regularly advertising their new Bangkok /Macau flight and stated that bookings for flights starting 5th July were open from booking from 9th June 2004.

Foolish me, I assumed that is what would happen so spent a long time surfing around on their website to arrange the bookings for us and a number of friends, nothing,zip,zilch!!

Finally called Bangkok office, initial response was"what flight to Macau", I then politely persisted and after a relatively short hold was told oh yes we have cancelled it. Yesterday they were still advertising!

Why did somebody not have the sense to just put a notation on their website that there was a delay/problem whatever?

AirAsia, learn from this- OrientThai- your turn to stick it to AirAsia :o

Incidentally I use both AirAsia and Orient Thai

Finally called Bangkok office, initial response was"what flight to Macau", I then politely persisted and after a relatively short hold was told oh yes we have cancelled it. Yesterday they were still advertising!

It doesn't sound as though the people to whom you spoke in Bangkok know what they are talking about. The AirAsia website now claims that they will start taking bookings for the BKK-Macau flight on 10 June 2004, Thursday at 3.00 pm (GMT +8, i.e. Malaysia time). This is a delay of a day from the initial promised date.

It doesn't sound as though the people to whom you spoke in Bangkok know what they are talking about.  The AirAsia website now claims that they will start taking bookings for the BKK-Macau flight on 10 June 2004, Thursday at 3.00 pm (GMT +8, i.e. Malaysia time).  This is a delay of a day from the initial promised date.

You have been lucky, my colleagues and I have been unable to access the english site since this morning.

Any sign of an apology?

Stupid question! :o

You have been lucky, my colleagues and I have been unable to access the english site since this morning.

English site seems to be up and running. I've experienced periodic problems accessing it in the past though so I know what you mean.

Any sign of an apology?

They didn't write a formal apology but they do indicate that the launch has been delayed by a day in a cute way by displaying a '9' with a strike-out through it, followed by the new date of '10 June'.

Contrast this with Nok Air, who was to have planes in the air on the first of June...

Here is what it says on the air asia site

OPEN FOR SALE ON 9 10 JUNE 2004!

The leading low fare airline saves the best for the last!

Log on to www.airasia.com on 10 June 2004, Thursday at 3.00 pm (GMT +8) for the best!

Depart from/to Don Muang Airport (Bangkok International Airport)

Macau brand new flight

(Macau International Airport) from THB 999 /

MOP 218

Booking Period : 10 Jun - 5 Jul 2004

Travel Period : 5 Jul - 30 Oct 2004

The first 9 is crossed out to look like it was meant to happen on the 9th but will now be the 10th

jai yen yen Thailand:-)

Let us know how you go as you say a few people waiting for this one.

CT

After their initial problem of getting the launch date wrong all is now in order.

I have booked flights for myself and a few colleagues.

We live in Chiangmai and it is a fantastic deal.

Chiangmai/Bangkok/Macau return 3,650 baht per person inclusive of taxes! :o

No visa required for Brits or Thais for short term visits :D