Suvarnabhumi to screen all people coming to the airport

webfact

Suvarnabhumi to screen all people coming to the airport

By THE NATION

800_d732a351ad02fa5.jpg?v=1584455198

The management of Suvarnabhumi Airport has stepped up measures to curb the spread of Covid-19 by screening all people coming to the site, beginning at 10 am tomorrow (March 18), said airport deputy director Kittipong Kittikachorn today (March 17).

Under the 'terminal screening' method, thermoscan cameras and medical personnel will screen and observe all passengers, persons seeing off passengers, business operators in the airport, before they can enter the airport buildings.

If a person's body temperature exceeds 37.5 degree Celcius, he/she will be taken to designated areas where airport officials will recheck their temperature after ten minutes. If the body temperature still exceeds 37.5 degree, officials will proceed according to the guidelines.

Kittipong also advised passengers to arrive at the airport well in advance of their flights, citing adoption of the new screening process.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384275

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-18

flood gates still open - welcome to all - we are the holiday hub of SE Asia 

Happy Happy

we have room for you but stay in it, and if you want to leave ............

we have room for you stay in it

we have good TV in your room for your stay 

Thailand No1 

do not try to leave 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

If you take paracetamol it will bring down your temperature, and of course asymptomatic cases will walk straight through. I think it’s too late for Thailand, there are simply too many cases walking around shedding like plague spreaders.

I got back to Canada on the 15th. No masks, no temperature checks, no questions, either i Vancouver or Calgary. Many of the passengers were not wearing masks from Taipei to Vancouver.

In BC and Ontario virus cases are going up. Now finally on the 17th. 4 airports are

the only entry points and maybe the arriving passengers will get checked, and maybe some

airport staff will start wearing masks. In the USA  there are lots of cases of virus as well.

Get ready to see a lot more cases here in Canada and the US.

The government says all peoppe coming from Europe and Asia

will have to self isolate for 14 days.  Serious times folks, like I am doing

Geezer

3 hours ago, AlexRich said:

If you take paracetamol it will bring down your temperature, and of course asymptomatic cases will walk straight through. I think it’s too late for Thailand, there are simply too many cases walking around shedding like plague spreaders.

And your evidence for that is...?

This screening was in force last week at Don Meaung Airport (DMK). All passengers for International flights, having checked in at the airline desk, were individually screened before they entered passport control. Suvarnabhumi late again!!

18 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

This screening was in force last week at Don Meaung Airport (DMK). All passengers for International flights, having checked in at the airline desk, were individually screened before they entered passport control. Suvarnabhumi late again!!

Read the article again... They are screening everyone entering the airport, not just passengers !!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Taking a temperature reading doesn't prove that much, in the early stages symptoms have not manifested.

Lumpini boxing stadium is a great example.

Yes, and it also will result in huge numbers of 'false positives', in the sense that the vast majority of people with a slightly elevated temperature will be suffering from something like the common cold. Do they want to and are they capable of quarantining all these cases. Maybe all in the same room with that one Corona infection so that all cold sufferers can also catch Covid-19. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

six weeks late and almost useless as a large percentage of infected are asymptomatic, which is partly why this is so dangerous. Stop the flights you idiots

Stopping all flights buggers up Australia's warning for all its citizens to return home.

"Under the 'terminal screening' method, thermoscan cameras and medical personnel will screen and observe all passengers, persons seeing off passengers, business operators in the airport, before they can enter the airport buildings."

Might help to ban all 'persons seeing off passengers and business operators"

20 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I got back to Canada on the 15th. No masks, no temperature checks, no questions, either i Vancouver or Calgary. Many of the passengers were not wearing masks from Taipei to Vancouver.

In BC and Ontario virus cases are going up. Now finally on the 17th. 4 airports are

the only entry points and maybe the arriving passengers will get checked, and maybe some

airport staff will start wearing masks. In the USA  there are lots of cases of virus as well.

Geezer

What good is a mask going to do? It won't prevent you from getting the virus.

17 hours ago, natway09 said:

My friend arrived yesterday friom Europe,,,,no checks, no advice straight through in 8 minutes

They are just saying these things to keep the boss happy but not doing it

I thought these measures were being brought in on the 18th, so there's a good

chance your friend wasn't checked, and even if he was and didn't have a high

temperature then there is a good chance he didn't even know he was being scanned

as it's done remotely with a thermal camera.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2020 at 8:36 AM, Stargrazer9889 said:

Geezer

too worried about $ instead of people, Canada really has set themselves up for a world of hurt for the health system was sick prior to any of this happening and now...