'We're going big': Trump seeks $1 trillion economic stimulus as U.S. battles coronavirus

webfact

45 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

I had some respect for his cojones when he said it would be over in May not now he has fallen for the Democrat Corona Hoax. Can't figure out though what part of his medical genius is engaged now and not then ? Most strange ...could it be little Dr Fauci....

He said today it would be over in 30 days.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, champers said:

He said today it would be over in 30 days.

Well corrected. Nothing to worry about fake news....oh and another barefaced lie

https://www.wired.com/story/coronavirus-donald-trump-google-website/

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2020/mar/17/fox-news-coronavirus-outbreak-trump

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, bristolboy said:

As I've pointed out elsewhere, airline companies burned through 96 percent of their cash for stock buybacks. This is why using the stock market to gauge the health of the economy is so ridiculous.

Thanks for that information about the airline buybacks.  Since I'm not an active investor I wasn't paying attention.

A very good example of inflating stock price rather than improving corporate stability and value.  Donny doesn't really care if he's using the correct yard stick.  It's PERFECT in every way if it makes him look good.

10 hours ago, Kelsall said:

Will those Americans who feel Trump is "not my president" be refusing the $1000?

I will just consider it a correction to the top heavy 2017 corporate tax giveaway.

I feel better already.

Edited by gamb00ler
spelin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, URMySunshine said:

Quote from the article in the Guardian ????

"On 10 March Sean Hannity, Fox News’ most-watched host and a personal friend to Trump, accused the left of creating “hysteria”. He attempted to downplay Covid-19 by comparing it to the flu, and also suggested the Democratic frontrunner, Joe Biden, was using it as an excuse to cancel rallies.

Hannity’s outlook had changed by last Friday.

“This virus is serious,” Hannity said. “We’ve been telling you that from day one. We need to take the flu seriously. We need to take cancer seriously, this virus seriously. Of course, we all need to prepare accordingly.”"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Refusal by Pelosi to Consider Universal Cash Payments in Response to Coonavirus Pandemic 'Maddening,' Say Progressives

"This is a total failure of Democratic Party leadership."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/18/refusal-pelosi-consider-universal-cash-payments-response-coronavirus-pandemic?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

• Like 1

the words coming out of his mouth are always the same....  tremendous well, working with big numbers but when asked how many ventilators the US had he turned to Pence for an answer and Pence, after a slight delay/hesitation,  said it's above 10K.... again we can't get a straight answer

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mavideol said:

the words coming out of his mouth are always the same....  tremendous well, working with big numbers but when asked how many ventilators the US had he turned to Pence for an answer and Pence, after a slight delay/hesitation,  said it's above 10K.... again we can't get a straight answer

There are over 150,000 ventilators in the US with more than 10,00 being emergency rerve. The fear is that there is a surge in need if we fail to flatten the curve of those who become afflicted. Experts predict in that circumstance the need could rise to 960,000 ventilators worst case.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mavideol said:

A commentator said he is now " MC Trump"

• Haha 1