Fearing personal risk, opposition MPs reject House session on virus

webfact

Fearing personal risk, opposition MPs reject House session on virus

By The Nation

800_f4aec4252c6ac23.jpg?v=1584513115

Fear of becoming infected themselves has scuttled an opposition proposal to discuss solutions for the Covid-19 crisis in Parliament.

The Pheu Thai Party on Monday (March 16) summoned opposition partners People’s Nation, Move Forward Party, Puea Chat Party and Thai People Power Party to a meeting at the SC Park Hotel in Bangkok, hoping to organise a special session of Parliament on the matter.

But the majority attending the meeting balked at the idea, saying the large House session would put MPs at risk of contagion.

Pheu Thai leader Sompong Amornvivat said afterwards he understood the concern and accepted the outcome but they will further discuss it on every Wednesday.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384321

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-18

2 hours ago, silent said:

time for Skype conferencing

Nah, that's just another opportunity to get their snouts in the trough.

Not that I'm saying that Thai pollies are corrupt or anything... nossir, salt of the earth all.

Edited by ParkerN

18 hours ago, silent said:

time for Skype conferencing

I heard ZOOM was the new tool for that and supposedly better than Skype for a conference. (just advertising. No, I don't own any of there stock, but I wish could buy some). ???? 

12 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I heard ZOOM was the new tool for that and supposedly better than Skype for a conference. (just advertising. No, I don't own any of there stock, but I wish could buy some). ???? 

Postdated myself again 

Good idea lets put our heads in the sand and ignore the situation, let 1 person come up with all the stupid ideas then when it backfires we can blame him. What happened to all cabinet members wearing face masks to prevent the spread or have they all decided they don't work???