Non immigrant o for visiting thai child phnom penh or vietnam?

So the first question is do the borders to phnom penh remain open?

Or vietnam? Again what are the requirements?

If so what are the requirements for a single entry non o in phnom penh for the purpose of visiting  a thai child.

I was booked for savannakhet sunday, but an article just appeared in lao times in another thread saying the borders are closed to foreigners, no voa to be issued.

Edited by metempsychotic

Cambodia has not shut down yet as an option but getting one at the embassy in Phnom Penh could a problem.

See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/phnompenh/en/services/7962/86346-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"-(Thai-Family).html

Vietnam is still open for those from most countries but you have to have a visa for entry. No problem to get the visa there if you have the supporting documents. See: http://www.thaiembassy.org/hochiminh/en/services/2886/34923-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O"---Accompanying-sp.html

Vietnam....no problem to get the visa??

I was under impression that they had stopped eVisa and visa on arrival with letter of approval. 

So you can still obtain visa from Vietnam embassy in bkk?

I already have a visa for Vietnam but thinking by time my next trip they will require 14 day isolation same as AU, NZ etc.

No hard evidence. Just news reports.

If you can obtain visa to Vietnam I would suggest to people good option. Flights are cheap airports empty and planes half full.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Vietnam....no problem to get the visa??

That was referring to applying for a visa at the Thai consulate not for Vietnam.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

So you can still obtain visa from Vietnam embassy in bkk?

You could check to see it can be done. There are also some consulates for Vietnam here.