Thailand designates 10 more countries as COVID-19 “high-risk”

webfact

1 hour ago, kevin612 said:

Thailand needs to temporarily close all the borders for 90 days, issue solved.

And only 60 days too late. When I arrived back at Swampy earlier this month the only busy area of immigration was the place where Chinese get their VOA.

• Haha 1

I am travelling from Bali to BKK via KLIA today on Australian passport with retirement visa, having visited Indonesia, Australia (and Malaysia?) in last 14 days. My take on the new requirements for quarantine and need for TM.8 form completed on AoT app is that it is not applicable as I have not visited one of the listed 18 countries. Can anyone who arrived in the last 2 days confirm my understanding and add any comment on how it’s handled at the airport

What does the medical certificate state and does it refer to being clear of the virus, if so, how would a GP give a certificate without testing? If they test, how long does it take to get results and given the pressure on health service in the UK at the moment, would they agree to a test?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TC22 said:

What does the medical certificate state and does it refer to being clear of the virus, if so, how would a GP give a certificate without testing? If they test, how long does it take to get results and given the pressure on health service in the UK at the moment, would they agree to a test?

You don't have to have a test, you have to have a doctor who'll write a certificate to that effect

4 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

says 'citizens of' not 'recently visited' so i assume that would include you and any other citizens

The news articles say "citizens". Not a single official government site or decree says that. Sloppy reporting.

It is based entirely on travel history for the 14 days prior to arrival. Not on nationality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, sniggie said:

Me too. In the UK at the moment with my dual citizen son. Due to return on 30th. Extension renewal on 23 April. Things a bit tight now. Maybe there will be some concession for parents of Thai citizens. I have medical insurance but how I could get a medical certificate in the UK that would satisfy Thailand immigration who knows, 

This is a medical situation and an emergency. I wouldn't expect any exceptions based on humanitarian grounds.  Someone on another thread posted the following form to get signed by your doctor:

THAI-Medical-certificate-clarifying-no-r

3 hours ago, stouricks said:

I know I took it out last August before any Corona hit the fan, but my Cigna policy will pay for tests and any consequent hospitalisation due to Covid. Got it in writing last week.

Best to cross check as WHO recently declared Covid 19 as a pandemic which usually means no cover for Covid 19 from the date of the announcement, nor travel insurance.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

You don't have to have a test, you have to have a doctor who'll write a certificate to that effect

At least according to the form taken from the TAT site above, you do need to specify the date and specific type of test that was used to determine you were free of the virus.

Edited by Monomial

24 minutes ago, TC22 said:

According to the form on the TAT site, not only does it need to be a test, but it needs to be administered not earlier than 48 hours before departure. That really limits your options.

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm surprised a few doctors haven't set up shop at airport departure lounges.

At 20 quid a go for signing a form, they'd make thousands.

I've got a stethoscope if you can throw a couple of white aprons together .... 

1 hour ago, TC22 said:

It's just their gooble'digook  way of saying your not allowed to come right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

My insurer (April) has emailed several times (unsolicited) confirming COVID is covered. I think this will be true for any regular (i.e. not travel insurance) international health policy already in effect.  Travel policies however soetimes have clauses excluding epidemics. And likely anyone newly getting insurance now will face an exclusion for COVID.

Same I received from Assudis Axa expat , that Corona is insured , but they are stopping the insurance for Thailand at end date contract (mine 1 October ) , but already give a hint that probably a replacement can be proposed by that time .

I found it a vey convenient insurance as repatriation is included as the  the patient is then at home country costs …. 

Edited by david555

28 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I've got a stethoscope if you can throw a couple of white aprons together .... 

Count me in as well for this venture:

https://eaglebio.com/product/coronavirus-covid-19-igg-elisa-assay/

$785 USD for 96 wells. Better make it 40 pounds. Also need a centrifuge, an incubator, and a blood taking station and a reader. Centrifuges are cheap. An incubator could be built out of a toaster oven in a pinch. The assay reader will set you back a few thousand. Figure 10,000 to setup. Profitable after the first 250 clients.

Need about 3 hours to process the results.

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Best to cross check as WHO recently declared Covid 19 as a pandemic which usually means no cover for Covid 19 from the date of the announcement, nor travel insurance.

Only if the policy xcludes pandemics which most regular (non-travel) insurance policies do not.

My insurer has stated tepeatedly in writing that COViD is covered. So have many others.

8 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

All a bit academic now .. I don't know too much how the Scandinavian countries have been affected but France , Spain and Italy are all but sealed at their borders so it is near impossible for an ordinary citizen to leave .. British F O is advising against anything but abso' essential travel anywhere and the country itself will probably announce even greater restrictions by the weekend .. And Germany though not afflicted by the death rate of other countries will almost certainly also impose further measures about movement of people soon .. The genie was out of the bottle in Thailand long before today's CAAT announcement so what it hopes to achieve beats me .. 

I'm not sure people are blocked from leaving from places like Italy or France and their own citizens can enter. 

1 hour ago, Monomial said:

At least according to the form taken from the TAT site above, you do need to specify the date and specific type of test that was used to determine you were free of the virus.

My doctor thinks all medical certificates required by corrupt Third World regimes are a joke and will sign anything and make up any test name

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

Only if the policy xcludes pandemics which most regular (non-travel) insurance policies do not.

My insurer has stated tepeatedly in writing that COViD is covered. So have many others.

Glad you cross checked, just as I suggested to the member. Here in Oz a number of insurance companies didn't cover once pandemic was declared. As the cliche goes - check the fine print, though I doubt any would have has the forethought for pandemics.

Edited by simple1

Can we just have fewer cooks spoiling the soup?  Please...

1. CAAT

2. Ministry of Health

3. Anupong (Interior Ministry)

4. Ministry of Tourism

5. Ministry of Foreign Affairs

6. Prime Minister who seems to not realize that he is supposed to be the great coordinator.

All of the above grab to moment in front of the television cameras to say "something new", contradict another bigwig and thus confuse everyone.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Sounds like there is going to be peace and quiet in Thailand for a long time.

Can't wait for the official tourism stats to be released from TAT in April.

March tourism up 3.2% year-over-year in March 2020!!!

Happy days are here again.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Sheryl said:

"citizens of these countries " ??

I very much doubt that is actually how the rule is worded.

More likely people (of any nationality except possibly Thai nationals) traveling from these countries..

That is how the rules have been worded so far.

I certainly hope so as I am traveling to the Poipet/Aran border crossing today.

No update so far on https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/eng/index.php

I have already said they need a translator and a website master to change and update the content so it needs time.

The last update was on 13 March.

Edited by EricTh