Thailand designates 10 more countries as COVID-19 “high-risk”

webfact

Trump had a press conference not long ago and said something in it like

If you are an American either come back now or you're going to have to stay where you are for a very long time.

Something about no American going to be allowed out either.

I would Imagine each country will follow if or when this happens.

Lets hope I misread the message. 

Edited by SAINT THOMAS

20 minutes ago, SAINT THOMAS said:

Trump had a press conference not long ago and said something in it like

If you are an American either come back now or you're going to have to stay where you are for a very long time.

Something about no American going to be allowed out either.

I would Imagine each country will follow if or when this happens.

Lets hope I misread the message. 

Kind of depressing since my flight was just cancelled (out).  Would ask if you can recall the date this guy said that?  Thanks.

Well I left Thursday morning from Seattle when no doctor's note was required and during my trip the rules have changed.  What do you think will happen when I return to BKK today?  I am US citizen with ME non Imm O based on marriage and healthy today.

1 hour ago, koratkarlos said:

Well I left Thursday morning from Seattle when no doctor's note was required and during my trip the rules have changed.  What do you think will happen when I return to BKK today?  I am US citizen with ME non Imm O based on marriage and healthy today.

You will be required to produce proof of health insurance and doctor’s certificate to enter Thailand (see main article) and you could also to be subjected to 14-days of quarantine.

I just returned to the US from Thailand 3 weeks ago. I went back to my job and a week later was told that I would be laid off next week. I have applied for unemployment benefits which come to about 60K baht a month. I have some savings and am considering going back to Thailand until this ‘blows over’ which could be months. 
Questions...

Will Thailand let me in as an American? 
Are quarantines in effect for international arrivals? 
Any information would be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

2 hours ago, mvdf said:

You will be required to produce proof of health insurance and doctor’s certificate to enter Thailand (see main article) and you could also to be subjected to 14-days of quarantine.

Not correct as of today. May become the case soon.

I arrived from the USA going through BKK today at noon.  Sheryl is correct, the full implementation of the new bill was not being enforced.  I had to fill out a form stating where I was, where I will be in Thailand and that I was not sick.  A temperature scan was not required unless you were from the high danger areas.

However I think this will change soon.  Rumors around the airport pointed at the 23-March.  

In my humble opinion one needs to decide where to "hunker-down" right now.  It is still very difficult to get tested in the USA and it appears that at some point you will need to confirm by testing that you are virus free to return to Thailand.

On 3/19/2020 at 10:01 AM, Sheryl said:

My insurer (April) has emailed several times (unsolicited) confirming COVID is covered. I think this will be true for any regular (i.e. not travel insurance) international health policy already in effect.  Travel policies however soetimes have clauses excluding epidemics. And likely anyone newly getting insurance now will face an exclusion for COVID.

I have to add my policy is an International Health and Travel Insurance.