driving to border now

Discuss asian options by air. Im thinking japan or indonesia. We cannot get lao visa on arrival. 

Can anyone confirm if hong kong or taiwan is an option 

Edited by at15

can we still get lao evisa? i know its more expensive but as an option... also do we need to have a letter of health to enter to laos or to come back to Thailand?

too much information is making it hard to keep track of what is where and where is what.

1 hour ago, at15 said:

Discuss asian options by air. Im thinking japan or indonesia. We cannot get lao visa on arrival. 

Can anyone confirm if hong kong or taiwan is an option 

Taiwan is not an option. It closed to all foreigners who don't have an ARC at midnight. I was going to go there on the 29th, and couldn't get on a flight arriving before midnight  yesterday. Hong Kong is a mess checking everyone going in and would be be difficult to do a return I think without a test result showing you are COVID free, and one would also need proof of 100,000 US health insurance flying back in to Thai airports as reported in BP today. 

28 minutes ago, sammael said:

is Lao still possible?

i see a lot of conflicting info. Although the e-visa website does say its possible...

I don't think it has gone fully into effect yet. 

No visas on arrival are available and they said the e-evisa would not be available.

I don't think they have updated the e-visa site yet.

You could still get a visa from a Lao embassy or the consulate here for entry as far as I know.

2 minutes ago, sammael said:

im looking to fly into Cambodia and then crossing back to Thiland via the land border crossing. Anyone know of any travel restrictions there?

Italy, Germany, Spain, France and the USA are banned from entering cambodia

Edited by at15

49 minutes ago, at15 said:

looks like evisa website on lao is only saying china is banned. i would like to go to lao if possible. 

I will go to BKK consulate tomorrow. In another thread someone said they heard a full border closing will occur for Lao on the 20th. I suspect that if that takes place even with a tourist visa one would be denied entry.

10 minutes ago, sammael said:

im looking to fly into Cambodia and then crossing back to Thiland via the land border crossing. Anyone know of any travel restrictions there?

I'm going cnx-dmk-rep right now. 

So far so good, got my boarding passes and through immigration. No people, no queues. Flights were cheapest ever at 1600bht each way. 

IMG_20200319_154204.jpg

Edited by BritManToo

also possible option is chiang mai - Singapore direct flight, then direct flight back the next day. but i dont know how thai immigration will feel about this 

Edited by at15

1 minute ago, at15 said:

also possible option is chiang mai - Singapore direct flight , stay in the airport, then direct flight back same day. but i dont know how thai immigration will feel about this 

You would have to exit the airport and go through immigration in Singapore.

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

You would have to exit the airport and go through immigration in Singapore.

just realized only one flight a day, would have to spend the night in singapore. but this is too risky imo, end up locked in a detention center. 

Edited by at15

21 minutes ago, sammael said:

Yesterday, I crossed over from Chong Chom into Thailand at 7.10am on foot... no problems..

My friends arrived 4 hours later, at Chong Chom and were informed, they could enter Cambodia,

but.. they could only re-enter Thailand by air from Siam Reap or Phnom Penh..

All of us, are on Non-O Multi Entry Visa's, Married to Thai National, and carry UK Passport...

I was lucky..

14 minutes ago, weaver93 said:

Yesterday, I crossed over from Chong Chom into Thailand at 7.10am on foot... no problems..

My friends arrived 4 hours later, at Chong Chom and were informed, they could enter Cambodia,

but.. they could only re-enter Thailand by air from Siam Reap or Phnom Penh..

All of us, are on Non-O Multi Entry Visa's, Married to Thai National, and carry UK Passport...

I was lucky..

And would they need coivd certificate and health insurance?

4 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

As for now this is exclusively for travel by air. I understood it like that, that it´s not controlled at the Thai border, but already when you check in at the airport for your flight. It will be skipped sooner then later, as no one can provide such a certificate without faking it. 

1 minute ago, SpanishExpat said:

As for now this is exclusively for travel by air. I understood it like that, that it´s not controlled at the Thai border, but already when you check in at the airport for your flight. It will be skipped sooner then later, as no one can provide such a certificate without faking it. 

so then the ones from siam reap and pnomh penh will be needing it soon then no?

21 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

no. not at that time.

They were doing a border bounce, and were advised not to cross over.

Both today reported to their local immigration , and were given a 60 day extension (Family )

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

so then the ones from siam reap and pnomh penh will be needing it soon then no?

Not sure, but as far as I have understood the official statement, everyone who has visited from very high risk countries (italy, china etc) in the last 14 days will be quarantined. Everyone who has been to high risk countries (one level below..Germany, USA, Spain, France etc) within the last 14 days has to submit this certificate, health insurance etc. 

If you havn`t been there within the last 14 days, no need I think, but still the TM8 has to be filled out. It`s just a mess and no one will guarantee you. At least it seems that airlines are forced to check it. That means it`s better to discuss at the airport showing you havn`t been in high risk countries within the last 14 days , then discussing that issue with the Thai immigration when you land.

Even Thai nationals coming directly from the high risk areas have to show the "fit to fly" certificate.