Thai authorities set to clarify situation on visa overstay as a result of COVID-19

webfact

11 hours ago, vermin on arrival said:

I could see that. Would it stop at 20k?

20k is the maximum they can charge you... but at least its without blacklisting ???????? ... not a real good solution trying it, you will get a FAT RED STAMP in your passport which is looking terrible to the Immigration officer on your next arrival ????
:
A 60-90 day FREE VISA EXTENSION would be the key, specially after Thailand did not really well in the past month and specially to help the people do not make any money here anymore...BUT THIS we will for sure never see here 

59 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Suspend the 90d notification until further notice. Their online system is not working, been trying for over a week (mentioned in the 90d online thread already). Not a good idea to get people into fully crammed offices for spreading the virus for that stupid thing.

Or at the very, very least organize a single file line outside the immigration office with mandatory 2m distance between people and only one at a desk being served inside.

You would like the world burn, wouldn't you lol - that would make CM immigration queue up and around central airport plaza, and Chaeng Wattana all the way to Don Mueang arrivals ???? 

Just now, jabis said:

You would like the world burn, wouldn't you lol - that would make CM immigration queue up and around central airport plaza, and Chaeng Wattana all the way to Don Mueang arrivals ???? 

Would be a nice display of just how inefficient and stupid Thai immigration rules and processes are. Something that should never be accepted as "normal", but TiT.

6 hours ago, moskito said:

20k is the maximum they can charge you... but at least its without blacklisting ???????? ... not a real good solution trying it, you will get a FAT RED STAMP in your passport which is looking terrible to the Immigration officer on your next arrival ????
:
A 60-90 day FREE VISA EXTENSION would be the key, specially after Thailand did not really well in the past month and specially to help the people do not make any money here anymore...BUT THIS we will for sure never see here 

Yes, but the things I have been hearing is that there will be clemency for over-stayers, so only fine, and no punitive legal action or ugly red stamp. Of course, Thailand must officially say that before I do it. Unless all the closing borders make it impossible for me to do anything else.

20 hours ago, spiekerjozef said:

Still have 30 days on my visa left then I have to do a border hop.

But with the countries around thailand starting closing borders some advice/clarify from immigration would be nice.

From past Thai Immigration M.O:

On one hand they will offer a grace period to extend visas etc

On the other hand, some people will draw more attention to themselves, going to Immigration with a passport full of back to back tourist visas.

How they will treat that situation?

Tell you "you stay to long in Thailand"??

At any rate, if flights stop and borders are closed, they cannot start kicking folks out of the country.

Which makes me wonder, if they can't send the "un-desirables" back home 

Just what they WILL they do??? 

Throw people into detention??

You would think not, but id put NOTHING past this mob..

Especially with guys like Anutin in government.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pookondee said:

From past Thai Immigration M.O:

On one hand they will offer a grace period to extend visas etc

On the other hand, some people will draw more attention to themselves, going to Immigration with a passport full of back to back tourist visas.

How they will treat that situation?

Tell you "you stay to long in Thailand"??

At any rate, if flights stop and borders are closed, they cannot start kicking folks out of the country.

Which makes me wonder, if they can't send the "un-desirables" back home 

Just what they WILL they do??? 

Throw people into detention??

You would think not, but id put NOTHING past this mob..

Especially with guys like Anutin in government.

Those living here on TV's and exemptions have been extending those at immigration offices and gotten those extensions approved 

The IO's at the local office are a diffrent thing than those at the entry point, and have always been. 

They will not trow people stuck here in detention unless they have broken laws.

If that is something you sincerely believe then maybe you should find a hobby or something to occupy your mind on your free time. 

Edited by Okis

1 hour ago, retell said:

yes just got back and there was a sign posted outside stating that for 30 days no tourist visas will be given out. I knew it would probably fail, but I had to see inperson.

Edited by vermin on arrival
typo

HELLO,

we are a german family with 3 kids and entered Thailand on March, 4th.

Our travel plan was to spent 1 week in malaysia for holiday and then again go to Thailand. But cause of the virus we cannot do this any more. Our visa runs out on April 2nd, but home flight already cancelled. I think cause of the news we do not have to extend our visa or what is your opinin

2 hours ago, vermin on arrival said:

so my trip to the lao embassy today will be useless

Let us know how yo get on.I've heard I have to go to Khon Kaen to get a Loa visa to  get to Suvanakhet to get my Non Imm O ME for marriage but still not sure about the insurance requirement or where to get it.I've heard that the medical certificates can be obtain at Gov hospitals. 

Edited by FarFlungFalang

So now, effectively Thailand's borders are closed.  All people trying to enter need to show results of a Covid test, and to have very high coverage medical insurance.

Neighboring countries (and those such as Australia, NZ) have closed borders to travel.

Those of us who need to do visa run every 90 days are concerned how this will work out.  Any advice out there?

57 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Let us know how yo get on.I've heard I have to go to Khon Kaen to get a Loa visa to  get to Suvanakhet to get my Non Imm O ME for marriage but still not sure about the insurance requirement or where to get it.I've heard that the medical certificates can be obtain at Gov hospitals. 

turned away at the door. No lao visas for tourism OA or at consulate for 30 days.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, vermin on arrival said:

turned away at the door. No lao visas for tourism OA or at consulate for 30 days.

Thanks Yaso immigration say today they are not sure what's happening and it might take a while for the official update to filter through the country.Hopefuly the Thai immigration will hand out 30 day extensions of stay.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TK8783 said:

HELLO,

Our travel plan was to spent 1 week in malaysia for holiday and then again go to Thailand. But cause of the virus we cannot do this any more. Our visa runs out on April 2nd, but home flight already cancelled. I think cause of the news we do not have to extend our visa or what is your opinin

Sorry for your situation. I don't know the answer unfortunately. Are you able to get to an immigration office as they may be able to help. Tourist areas are more likely to have English speakers which you seem very good at. Better than many of us English in fact. 

Good luck. 

1 hour ago, TK8783 said:

HELLO,

I've just had a thought. Have you tried the section for Thailand visa questions?

https://forum.thaivisa.com/forum/1-thai-visas-residency-and-work-permits/

They deal mainly with people who live here either part or full time but they may be able to help. 

I always get better information from there than from an embassy. 

New announcement :

Temporary guidelines for non-Thai nationals residing in the kingdom during the Corona 2019 Virus pandemic.

As most airlines have cancelled their flights in and out of the kingdom due to high risk factors associated with air travel and contagious diseases and many neighbouring countries have closed their borders, a large number of visitors to Thailand are unable to return to their home countries.

To provide relief and security during this difficult time, visiting nationals from the following countries are able to contact Thai Immigration and request an extended stay in the kingdom.
1. Italy
2. Iran
3. Spain
4. Germany
5. South Korea
6. France
7. America
8. Switzerland
9. The UK
10. Hong Kong
11. Macau

The conditions for the extended stay in the kingdom are as follows : -
1. Visitors who entered on a tourist visa are eligible to extend the visa for an additional 30 days.

2. Visitors who entered on non-tourist visas or other visa types, should contact their embassy and request documentation detailing the reason for remaining in the kingdom and produce the documentation at their local branch of immigration

3. In the event of not being to perform either 1. or 2. as shown above, please contact a member of staff at immigration, fill in a TM7 form and in the “remarks” column write the following “ I have been personally affected by the Corona Virus respiratory disease outbreak”. Each case will be assessed by the officer in question and permission to remain in the kingdom granted or refused as seen fit.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

New announcement :

Temporary guidelines for non-Thai nationals residing in the kingdom during the Corona 2019 Virus pandemic.

As most airlines have cancelled their flights in and out of the kingdom due to high risk factors associated with air travel and contagious diseases and many neighbouring countries have closed their borders, a large number of visitors to Thailand are unable to return to their home countries.

To provide relief and security during this difficult time, visiting nationals from the following countries are able to contact Thai Immigration and request an extended stay in the kingdom.
1. Italy
2. Iran
3. Spain
4. Germany
5. South Korea
6. France
7. America
8. Switzerland
9. The UK
10. Hong Kong
11. Macau

The conditions for the extended stay in the kingdom are as follows : -
1. Visitors who entered on a tourist visa are eligible to extend the visa for an additional 30 days.

2. Visitors who entered on non-tourist visas or other visa types, should contact their embassy and request documentation detailing the reason for remaining in the kingdom and produce the documentation at their local branch of immigration

3. In the event of not being to perform either 1. or 2. as shown above, please contact a member of staff at immigration, fill in a TM7 form and in the “remarks” column write the following “ I have been personally affected by the Corona Virus respiratory disease outbreak”. Each case will be assessed by the officer in question and permission to remain in the kingdom granted or refused as seen fit.

Source?

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Thai Imm Act. by AJ Oat เข้าใจกฎหมาย สไตล์พี่โอ๊ต

what about us, the expats, Non O, any news on visa/extension of stay renewal or 90 day reporting

Just love this line at the end of the announcement:

Each case will be assessed by the officer in question and permission to remain in the kingdom granted or refused as seen fit.

Now how in gods green earth can they refuse to let you stay if you have no way to return to where you are from, unless they allow you to stay in IDC, which will look pretty bad to the rest of the world. Thankfully I have a Non Imm O-A Visa still goof for 8 months, and then I can do an extension if I can not leave and come back extending it for the second year......Good Luck to all of you folks, stay safe, and hoe some sanity comes to the world, as well as people doing as asked to stem the flow of this virus....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

what about us, the expats, Non O, any news on visa/extension of stay renewal or 90 day reporting

Reports of people going to immigration and getting 60 days , Ill post it here :

(From today , posted by a real named person )

"so I was planning to go to Savannakhet to get a new Non-O based on marriage. Instead, I have just received 2 months extension at CM immigration. Amazing staff, volunteers and efficient process at immigration here. It’s busy, but not as busy as I’ve seen during past visits."

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

"so I was planning to go to Savannakhet to get a new Non-O based on marriage. Instead, I have just received 2 months extension at CM immigration. Amazing staff, volunteers and efficient process at immigration here. It’s busy, but not as busy as I’ve seen during past visits."

For the normal 1900 baht or how much?

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

thanks