Thai authorities set to clarify situation on visa overstay as a result of COVID-19

webfact

11 hours ago, justaphase said:

Just stay here and leave on overstay when its all over.  That will easily be another 6 months so just pay 20k and move somewhere else.

Can you imagine how financially f@cked this place will be by then?

Sure that's the easy way and I bet some people wouldn't care at all to be here on overstay. But those ones who cares, the only way will be to get an extension (1 year) at your local immigration. 

I never did the extension based on marriage inside the country, always going to a Thai Embassy/Consulate abroad to get a VISA, I prefer that way, then I can travel and enjoy another places for a little bit, but I guess now I got no option but do it right here, no big deal unless for some reason they decline the application, then I would be screwed for sure and overstay would be the only option until things get back to normal (if ever will). 

This apply for anyone with family, married with a Thai citizen. 

Good luck for us all.

I went today to Immi Udonthani and asked for 30 day extension. I have Visa married with Thai wife. Finish on 23rd March. Extension only with letter of embassy. Which i not got from Sunday untill today. Embassy not open. No reply on emaIL:

2nd attempt was extension 60 days visit thai familiy. Asked Marriage Certificate which i hand over. After waiting a while his answer: Must talk with thai wife. So need to come back. But not sure what he will ask next. But for sure have 1 day overstay

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 3:42 PM, HOAX said:

Wonder what will happen if my currency continues to drop, and eventually drop below the 40.000/month requirement. Just a few years ago I had 120-150k to spend a month, now I'm counting coins lol. I have to renew my marriage visa in 10 days. If it continues to drop 10-20% everyday for the next 10 days then I most certainly won't have 40k. Wonder how I'm going to get that stamp from the Embassy then. Some weird times we live in.

Pretty much similar situation but I still have a month an half. Will be "great" to be kicked out leaving the whole family behind.

That "90 days report" online cr@p is not working again. Tried all possible browsers, first page loads fine, enter all the information, clicking "Submit" and... blank page. Last browser I've tried was IE11, it showed a blank page too + that stupid message "Please go to the Immigration Department Office". iOS and Android apps won't let me register. Why people have to risk their lives by going to the Immigration Department Office at this crazy time?!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chaaang said:

That "90 days report" online cr@p is not working again. Tried all possible browsers, first page loads fine, enter all the information, clicking "Submit" and... blank page. Last browser I've tried was IE11, it showed a blank page too + that stupid message "Please go to the Immigration Department Office". iOS and Android apps won't let me register. Why people have to risk their lives by going to the Immigration Department Office at this crazy time?!

There are several possible reasons for the site not working (and I fully agree it would be more helpful when a specific error-message would be generated instead of the generic 'Please go to the Immigration Department Office).

1 - You have a new passport and the TM-6 entry/departure card has not yet been linked to it (requires leaving/re-entering the country);

2 - You have been staying years in the country without ever leaving (and your yesteryear TM-6 entry/departure card was not inputted in the IO database);

3 - You are using Linux or an Apple IOS-product, instead of a MS based computer (in that case try using a friend's PC or a PC in a computer/game-shop to do your 90-day report on-line);

4- You are trying to input your data too early or too late, they need to inputted in a 15-day to 1-day window BEFORE your 90-day reporting due date (just recently they enlarged the window for application till 1-day before, while previously it had to be latest 7 days before).

5 - You are using a 'modern' browser that has difficulty with some of the Java-errors in the website-script.

>> If nothing works, you can of course still mail your 90-day report (but that requires going to the post-office, and afaik this must be done during the 15-7 days window before reporting due date).

When you need to go in person to IO, ask them to set-up the 90-day on-line reporting for you so that at least you can do it next time yourself.

Note: It is of course also possible that you are dealing with an IO that does not accept on-line or mail 90-day reporting.