Thursday - 19th - Air Border Run - Cambodia and Myanmar

I see the borders of myanmar are closed

Can you stil fly into Myanmar and Back out to thailand? and the same for Cambodia. I plan to go tomorrow and come back tomorrow.

UK Passport, have medical cert (not covid one as I didn't have symptoms), insurance

Update - for air into thailand you need a covid medical cert + a special insurance..... I think the only option now is cambodia by land

<removed>

Edited by ubonjoe
removed link to Bangkok Post (forum rule)

Do you have a visa for Myanmar?

Not sure when the requirements for a medical certificate and insurance starts. No mention of a effective date. They cannot just start enforcing it without airlines having time to enforce it.

You might need it a a border crossing as well later.

Cambodia may be ok for a crossing but it might depend upon which one you go to.

18 minutes ago, sammael said:

anyone know if we can cross by land from cambodia to thailand?  I dont want to fly to BKK as they are known for being difficult. 

I can let you know tomorrow afternoon. I'm travelling overnight to get to Aranyaprathet.

As of now its open and no covid test health stuff or special insurance.

I read in the news that the magic number is 500 before they close the country completely, right now we've gone over 270. At this rate, next Tuesday... BID!

I actually went to a hospital yesterday, got a medical test where they just weighed me, asked my height and I paid 80 baht. In chiang mai they only treat if you have symptoms, no cert to say you have not got symptoms.

Edited by hiero