Private /English speaking Schools

Rocking Philbert

Hi Folks,

I have asked this question before but need  a reminder , I am considering sending My son who is five years old and lives with me and his Thai mum in the U.K. to a Private or international School in Chiang Mai as my wife is from nearby there. Can Anyone give me an Idea how much it would cost on average per year at a Private or English speaking school as he does not speak any Thai.

all advice is greatly appreciated.

Phil

Doesn't speak a word of Thai---5 years old.....sending him across the world , to a place his mum comes from, but she wont be there......Gosh what a culture shock for the little guy.............

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Logosone said:

It will be good for him. Learning about different culture, another language, he'll be better off than staying in cloistered local place.

No, it won't. He's 5, he's far too young to be removed from his parents and sent off to boarding school.

Hopefully the OP means they will all move and it will be a day school.

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 2

Nobody said anything about removing him from his mother and father. 

It is to be hoped his parents will be with him, which would seem the obvious thing.

Nobody said anything about a boarding school either, so one would suspect he just means a day school.

• Like 2

Schools in CM not much. Pollution is literally the worst in the world. Didn't much enjoy leaving my mother's side at five. He's to be shipped around the world. I'm glad I'm not him.

And of course this is being considered at the apex of the covid pandemic.

1 hour ago, Logosone said:

Nobody said anything about removing him from his mother and father. 

Quote-"I am considering sending My son who is five years old and lives with me and his Thai mum in the U.K. to a Private or international School in Chiang Mai "

Maybe I am reading it wrong Logosone................

If there is any way you can get him into any sort of school in the UK, do that.

The quality of education even at the most expensive private schools in Thailand is laughable. I speak from experience.

Also, exposure to levels of particulate pollution that high does impact the cognitive development of children. What is happening in Thailand right now is an unprecedented mass experiment on humans.

Edited by donnacha
  • Like 2

private english speaking school in cm
wats not cloistered about that then?

thailand really not a cloistered nation free press free government right to free speech yawn and so forth 

never use big words on such a forum nothing cloistered in here..

Thailand is such a cloister f***

Edited by andy72
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Rocking Philbert said:

Thanks for the replies, as it stands he will be with his Mum and myself though I prefer living in the U.K having lived in Thailand, as it stands we are just weighing up all possibilities  and there is no way I would pack My Son off to boarding school

Not surprised, that's how I read it.

Chiang Mai is fine in terms of Covid19 doing a lot better than the UK, you just have to be ready for the three months from Feb to April. Bad air.