Thailand reports 89 new coronavirus cases in highest daily jump

rooster59

11 hours ago, smedly said:

How did this spread to so many people attending this boxing event ?

all from possibly one person ?

I find that hard to believe - were they all touching each other 

Easy, one or two infected persons coughing and sneezing among the crowd, no doubt closely packed together!

11 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

If they increase the deaths the Thais will shìt their pants.

If you read the comments on FB when they live stream the day's info people are absolutely petrified

thankfully most are wearing masks . .. .

IMG_20200319_144516b.jpg

Edited by robsamui
  • Haha 1

Corona infected person at Kasetsart University with Super-Spreader behaviour. Confirmed case and facts. No fake news. Attached is the official statement including a translation of the movement history.

Movement history:

6 March - TDERM pub Thonglor 
9-13 March - Study at Kasetsart. Study at SCL Building, LH 4 and Faculty of Fisheries 
13 March - Superhit pub kasetnawamin 
14 March  - Central Chaengwattana shopping mall, 
Superhit pub kasetnawamin, 
Condo Elio Phahonyothin 34 
15 March - Chang Chui flea market
16 March Central Rama 9 shopping mall 
17 March superhit pub kasetnawamin 
19 March - Bang Pakok Hospital 9

Note: - Said person got infected at the so called Pub Thonglor cluster.

-University was closed on 16 March according to government rules.

Screenshot_2020-03-22-00-24-32-38.png

Screenshot_2020-03-22-00-24-47-65.png

Screenshot_2020-03-21-21-29-27-41.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Tingnongnoi said:

Singapore had more reported infections yesterday, yet had no deaths up to then and reported first two yesterday

No useful comparison can be made between the competences of Singapore and Thailand healthcare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, triffid said:

No useful comparison can be made between the competences of Singapore and Thailand healthcare.

People always blame the old generation in Italy for catching and dying of the virus.

Italy's median age is lower than Japans by about 2 years, So how many people died

in Japan compared to Italy?

It will be fine, Deputy Anutin said in his interview that Thai people will support Thai People and the Government will support them and that he has a very hard job but he is trusted by his people, although he supports a cabinet reshuffle as a few months already passed since election and I will resign if people want me to but he gives his all everyday......<deleted> does any of that mean? He didn't answer any questions directly and doesn't give a flying duck really as he still has a job! Total Barclays banker.
I won't even get started on the foreigner this, foreigner that, foreigner must do this comments.....the country is ducked!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

If you read the comments on FB when they live stream the day's info people are absolutely petrified

I love my village in Isan, nobody gives a <deleted>.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

13,000 Deaths per year on the roads,and not an eyelid batted...1 Coròna death,and its Meltiown...TIT.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

I love my village in Isan, nobody gives a <deleted>.

I left my partners village yesterday after spending 2 weeks there and pretty much as you say. You would be struggling to know there is a world crisis going on about to land on their doorstep. I dont know if it’s a case of don’t care or dont really understand. 

I sat down with them all before I left and tried to explain what’s going on in the world and what’s likely to happen on Thailand soon but I think they just see it as something that is happening in BKK and will stay there. 

Ive stocked them up with gel, masks, dry food etc in case the worse happens but they will prob eat most of that soon my back it turned. You can only try lol,,

5 minutes ago, Jimbo53 said:

13,000 Deaths per year on the roads,and not an eyelid batted...1 Coròna death,and its Meltiown...TIT.

30,000 deaths on the road and way more corona deaths than have been recorded.

This is on top of road deaths, not instead and by the end of this more than 30,000 will be dead from Corona in Thailand

Just now, Kadilo said:

I left my partners village yesterday after spending 2 weeks there and pretty much as you say. You would be struggling to know there is a world crisis going on about to land on their doorstep. I dont know if it’s a case of don’t care or dont really understand. 

I sat down with them all before I left and tried to explain what’s going on in the world and what’s likely to happen on Thailand soon but I think they just see it as something that is happening in BKK and will stay there. 

Ive stocked them up with gel, masks, dry food etc in case the worse happens but they will prob eat most of that soon my back it turned. You can only try lol,,

You tink to mut, the villages will get away with it, little to no contact with the outside. I used to think there would be a rush of unemployed coming back to the village from BKK but that hasn't happened. Yes they know about cov-19, they watch TV like anybody else, it just isn't part of their reality, like the rising and falling of the stock market it's virtual reality.

Self isolation may mean moving into your basement and staying by yourself, away from your family. Wear a mask and use rubber gloves to handle things like dishes and use the seperate

bathroom so you do not have to share.  Understand now? This is my sleeping quarters 

for 12 more days.

Geezer

20200315_214833.jpg

20200315_214801.jpg

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

You tink to mut, the villages will get away with it, little to no contact with the outside. I used to think there would be a rush of unemployed coming back to the village from BKK but that hasn't happened. Yes they know about cov-19, they watch TV like anybody else, it just isn't part of their reality, like the rising and falling of the stock market it's virtual reality.

They only watch prob half hour a day of Thai tv so I’m not sure they really know the extent and as we know the Thais are good are not telling the whole story. 

It’s  early days to say people are not coming back. The vast majority will wait til Songran I think. 

I hope you’re right but I really don’t see anywhere getting away with it. 

20 hours ago, smedly said:

How did this spread to so many people attending this boxing event ?

all from possibly one person ?

I find that hard to believe - were they all touching each other 

All it takes is a single unprotected sneeze in a crowded place.

28 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

Self isolation may mean moving into your basement and staying by yourself, away from your family. Wear a mask and use rubber gloves to handle things like dishes and use the seperate

bathroom so you do not have to share.  Understand now? This is my sleeping quarters 

for 12 more days.

Geezer

20200315_214833.jpg

20200315_214801.jpg

Sorry to hear of your situation, but it is good you posted the photos.

Yes, that is exactly how it is.

I know some rich Thai "kid" (he's about 30) just returned from japan. His self-isolation was to stay in a hotel away from his family, but he often left to go out to eat and party in the evenings. Moron!

5 minutes ago, Xonax said:

All it takes is a single unprotected sneeze in a crowded place.

I was reading a quote on Twitter from a guy who said that he stayed home for 10 days (not really self-isolation), but went out for an hour to have a beer with his friend. They sat opposite each other at the table, but he managed to be infected.

His advice to everyone: Don't mess around with this virus.

34 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

for 12 more days.

Geezer

20200315_214833.jpg

20200315_214801.jpg

Yeah everyone’s got a separate basement and 2 bathrooms

Edited by Kadilo

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Maybe their daily (almost) intake of Lao Khao will kill the virus before it can get a hold! It seems to kill some of them!

21 hours ago, userabcd said:

Probably many people have it and if you see around people are always coughing somewhere.

The stats of infections are low because  many do not show symptoms that they have/spreading it and many are not being tested due to the cost.

Talking about "many are not being tested due to the cost" please do have a read on this post #33 mentioned below >>> 

Seems this test cannot be offered like offering candy to a bunch of kids. Everything has its limits.

Edited by ravip

16 hours ago, ParkerN said:

Not necessarily. The flaw in the argument lies in the word "diagnosed”.

If the hospital your neice works with is in Bangkok, the likelihood is that it's one of the expensive hospitals and the expansion of cases of COVID-19 is unlikely to happen in the expensive hospitals. The expansion is likely to happen in the cheap government hospitals where the doctors are far more likely to diagnose by symptoms rather than by disease. Thus if somebody is suffering from COVID-19 and presents with symptoms similar to pneumonia, the diagnosis is likely to be an pneumonia rather than COVID-19, and I think the  test for COVID-19 will simply not get done. I have direct personal experience of how this might easily happen, though I did not understad the cause and significance of a poor diagnosis at the time.

The problem in Thailand is to be found in incompetence and laziness, as noted elsewhere in this topic. If the numbers of cases appearing in the stats are distorted by either, than the stats will not be worth very much...

The flaw in your argument is she works in a government hospital, and as it happens was sent home yesterday as she has been exposed, not from a patient I would add, but a colleague that has now been quarantined.

Obviously there is no argument that will counter your deep rooted criticism of the state.

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Not quite true, in recent days the tracker has shown an increasing spread to northern and eastern regions.

https://covidtracker.5lab.co/en

1 hour ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

for 12 more days.

Geezer

20200315_214833.jpg

20200315_214801.jpg

You could have tidied up before taking the photo.

22 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

I'd love to interrogate the causes of death in Thailand in the last few months.

Make some nice pivots tables and pretty graphs.

I think lung infections and pneumonia would be quite prevalent

And dengue.

• Like 1