Second 1 year extendin hua hin

6 minutes ago, Thomas72 said:

How soon should you go in before permission to stay expires? Or rather, what is the latest you can go in?

You can apply 30 day early to the day your permit to stay ends. Best do it a couple weeks early in case you need to chase down some additional documents

Attached a link to a thread providing a complete overview of the requirements (as well as useful tips) to apply for a 1-year extension of a Non Imm O - marriage Visa, at the Jomtien (Pattaya) IO.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1154642-what-is-the-list-of-requirements-for-non-o-extension-based-on-marriage-1-year-at-jomtien-immigrationmarch-20-2020/?do=findComment&comment=15184390

> For sure some of these will also be applicable in HuaHin.

Hua Hin immigration were amazing again. I did my retirement extension last week, 44 days before expiry. (Hua Hin allows up to 45 days early.) This year they want a full 12 months' bank statement. Make sure your bank also sends the cover letter stating funds total. Bangkok Bank in Bangkok only sent the 12 month statement (with 7 days lag time), but luckily I rode back into Bluport Bangkok Bank and they did a cover letter for 100 baht. (I got back to Immigration at 4.20pm and they politely issued my extension and multiple entry within 20 minutes, after official closing time.)

• Thanks 1

On 3/21/2020 at 2:21 PM, ubonjoe said:

Yes unless you can get proof of income from your embassy.

So, as we have discussed before, if it's a first extension based on marriage, and your embassy dosen't issue a certificate of income letter, then 2 months of 40k transfers is needed?.

8 minutes ago, PST said:

So, as we have discussed before, if it's a first extension based on marriage, and your embassy dosen't issue a certificate of income letter, then 2 months of 40k transfers is needed?.

Yes if Phuket immigration follows the written rules.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sirocco said:

Snawa, hello,

It was a marriage O visa, a O retirement visa or an OA retirement visa.
Thank you.

Since a Non Imm O - marriage Visa does not require the origins of the funds proven, snawa will have extended the permission to stay of either his original Non Imm O or his Non Imm O-A Visa.

The extension requirements for O or OA are identical, except that an O-A extension for reason of retirement requires the additional thai IO-approved health-insurance.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, snawa said:

This year they want a full 12 months' bank statement.

Have they specifically confirmed that 2 x consecutive 6-month stataments (which you can obtain biannually on the spot from Bangkok Bank branches - can confirm this on the basis of personal experience), then?

• Like 1