Two new COVID-19 cases confirmed in Phuket

Jonathan Fairfield

Two new COVID-19 cases confirmed in Phuket

p1.jpg

The news came via a table released by the Phuket office of the Public Relations Department (PR Phuket) this morning (Mar 21).

PHUKET: Two new cases of people being infected with the COVID-19 coronavirus in Phuket have been announced by officials, bringing the total number of people on the island confirmed as infected to seven.

The total number of people in Phuket to have been found infected with the virus as of yesterday was five, after Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana was forced to publicly admit the infection of a family of three Danish tourists on holiday in Phuket.

The Danish family remain in hospital receiving treatment.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/two-new-covid-19-cases-confirmed-in-phuket-75375.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-03-21

18 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

They can let the true numbers trickle out now...

Shame they don't give any more info, like places these people stayed, where they went etc !!

Yes! This is essential for containment , if still possible. 

28 minutes ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Phuket Governor Phakaphong Tavipatana was forced to publicly admit the infection of a family of three Danish tourists on holiday in Phuket.

Forced too   ?

and where did they get it from ?

Be careful not to give too much detail - it's hardly that important 

Perhaps they were infected in Phuket 

I live in Phuket ... there have been about half a dozen new admission/rentals to my condo complex. All these people have come from European countries to reside here. Needless to say I keep very far away from them and do not use the communal swimming pool they use. 

I'm asking (rhetorically) how is it that despite the pattern of virus spread, and its exponential expansion once introduced, are people making decisions to travel AND being accepted as new bookings ?

Just goes to show what a selfish ignorant species we are ... or is that just me lol ?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1