Health certificate or Covit 19 test?

baneko

I am reading and hearing different things. Some sites are saying that we require a Covit 19 test. Some sites are saying we require a Health certificate saying that the passenger poses no risk of being infected with Covit 19. Does anyone have the conclusive answer? Please assist. I am hopefully coming in from Angola via Dubai in transit. Luanda airport currently closed but may open in a few days.

3 minutes ago, belfast3 said:

You need a covid-19 test and a certificate/doctors letter confirming you tested negative. If you arrive before midnight tonight, you should be fine without it. 

I thought that was the case. Thanks for the confirmation. Unfortunately some of the information being supplied even by Thai Airways is misleading.

THAI AIRWAYS.PNG

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume checking them for a fever and or any other indications of having the virus. That would be the evidence needed.

Is that a joke? 

The medical requires that person has "checked negative to covid-19"

That will not happen with temp check.

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

The medical requires that person has "checked negative to covid-19"

No, it does not. The CAAT notice above says "no evidence of ...", which as UJ says would mean a doctor certifying the person to be free of symptoms.

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume checking them for a fever and or any other indications of having the virus. That would be the evidence needed.

Yeah, I would assume you´re right. However, I though it was a legit question. ???? That will just mean a worthless piece of paper, but as I say it wouldn´t surprise me.

20 minutes ago, Why Me said:

No, it does not. The CAAT notice above says "no evidence of ...", which as UJ says would mean a doctor certifying the person to be free of symptoms.

We will see. That notice not definitive. 

IMHO no Dr will sign that type of form.

The one I have seen requires sign off testing negative to covid-19.

Not possible. Let's see over next few days.

If it was as simple as "free of symptoms" then simple temperature check would suffice. That's far cry from medical stating "test negative"

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

We will see. That notice not definitive. 

IMHO no Dr will sign that type of form.

The one I have seen requires sign off testing negative to covid-19.

Not possible. Let's see over next few days.

If it was as simple as "free of symptoms" then simple temperature check would suffice. That's far cry from medical stating "test negative"

What is indisputably definitive is the current inclusion of the Covid-19 health certificate in the IATA database, for airlines to consult and enforce if they so choose. In this regard, lets see over the next few days and weeks and months what will happen.

3 hours ago, belfast3 said:

You need a covid-19 test and a certificate/doctors letter confirming you tested negative. If you arrive before midnight tonight, you should be fine without it. 

I thought that was check-in time at the departure airport.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1154914-health-certificate-or-covit-19-test/?tab=comments#comment-15190277

As usual, it's poorly communicated what the requirements are but it's 99% likely that no doctor is going to produce a medical certificate certifying no evidence of covid-19 without a test.

Even getting a non-emergency doctors appointment is impossible in most countries right now. The health systems are under enormous pressure and signing holiday certificates for people to go to Thailand is the last thing they're concerned about. 

• Like 1