Where In World Is Cheapest Place To Live In ?

oMega69

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if Quality women is high on the agenda then look no further than Korea. Bit more expensive though - but the night life is good and the foods not bad.

South Korea ?? I worked there for six LONG weeks and was very happy to get back to Thailand. The money was great, the kimchee edible, everything VERY expensive. The people are more nationalistic that anywhere I have ever been. If you are in need of companionship, you better have VERY deep pockets. I was polite declining the offer to return to work. Some of the women are attractive but no where near as common there as here.

i agree with most of what you said - except, unquestionably Korea has the highest quantity of quality looking women - certainly in Seoul anyway - and ive lived in BKK and seoul for a decent period! Also the dress code for women (and not just 'professional women' like Thailand) is to wear as short a skirt as possible!

Edited by mittheimp

[its usually asked by someone that has spat out there dummy because of visa issue's, been ripped off by someone or generally is a a sad bas-ard. :o

Plenty of great places around in SA , i do not care about visa or being ripped that hapens everywhere

it's the no respect attitude probably fueled by sad bas*ards part of the constipated gang so often seen in this forum and the likes prone to label with their undiserable,wieird etc ,,

Imo paedophiles are worst kind as murderers ,thiefs and so but in the next step i'd put all those litle persons that like to look down on others and judge them ... earth would be better place w/othem no doubts .

Btw i don't know if it's becouse off season or what ,i believe it's the first time i've been in Kao Shan area in this time of the year but have not seen it with so few people ever since i first came in late 90's actually it's quite more enyoyable now , must be also the bomb threats with tourist skiping bkk.\

Cheers.

Edited by jfsdoll

i believe it's the first time i've been in Kao Shan area in this time of the year but have not seen it with so few people ever since i first came in late 90's actually it's quite more enyoyable now , must be also the bomb threats with tourist skiping bkk.

1. Off season

2. Strong baht

3. Moving to other places for Songkran.

4. Politics/bombs/policy.

Were you really here in September/October 2001?

Edited by weary

Well guys, forget about Argentina (ok I only searched for BA)

It seems you can't get a basic studio for less than 600$ a month, and from what I've been reading , if you think farang prices are a bad thing, wait to see gringo prices... too bad my castillano is good. :o

India is defiantly the cheapest place I've been (excluding Bangladesh, as no one would want to live there). Somewhere like Goa or Kerala possibly. During the monsoon head for the Himalayas. its beautiful in summer time when the fruit trees are flowering and the air is clean. In the beach areas, you can expect plenty of night life, although it isn't half as westernised as it is here.

Becuse the new Visa Law its time to relocated from Thailand !

I need some ides to countrys to move to whit okey living standards simular to here. . .

greatfull for all replys !

Come on everyone,stop pissin about.....everyone knows the U.K is the best country on earth,what with the cheap council tax,house prices.beer,fags,food,income tax,electricity,gas,petrol.....do i need to continue?.......come on over,everyones welcome...ish! :o .........big love to blighty.......

serious=thailand full time for us next year!

India is defiantly the cheapest place I've been (excluding Bangladesh, as no one would want to live there). Somewhere like Goa or Kerala possibly. During the monsoon head for the Himalayas. its beautiful in summer time when the fruit trees are flowering and the air is clean. In the beach areas, you can expect plenty of night life, although it isn't half as westernised as it is here.

ive travelled through india 3 times, first time 1988 and last time 2005.

goa is awash with farang, raving there faces off, trance parties every night at different locations.

aint nothing wrong with that, but the backpacker scene is huge and very close in size to thailand in high season.

every one to there self, but goa to me is no big deal. :D give me koh tao anyday. :o

Becuse the new Visa Law its time to relocated from Thailand !

I need some ides to countrys to move to whit okey living standards simular to here. . .

greatfull for all replys !

Come on everyone,stop pissin about.....everyone knows the U.K is the best country on earth,what with the cheap council tax,house prices.beer,fags,food,income tax,electricity,gas,petrol.....do i need to continue?.......come on over,everyones welcome...ish! :o .........big love to blighty.......

serious=thailand full time for us next year!

there's only one thing wrong with the old blighty and that is, its full of english punters. :bah::D

ok boys quieten down will ya, :D just hav'in a giggle at your expense as i could'nt resist that one. :D

and stop wearing your long socks with those bleeding sandles as that sucks. :D:bah:

Long Socks with sandles???

Don't you mean the Germans? :o:D

English 'Chav' Fashion - Jeans / trousers with ironed shirt hanging out to go with bad attitude when drunk and angry stares!

But on places to move to...

I think as long as Thailand remains cheap enough it should keep its groove going...

Edited by JimsKnight

I have travelled extensively through Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Philippines and Indonesia and the only place out of them that comes in at around Thai standards of living is Malaysia. However, I am a person who loves the night life, bars, entertainment and having things to do and out of all of the Countries Thailand still beats them hands down for that.

My advice to anyone who finds themselves needing a cheaper place than Thailand is, where ever it is you decide to go for this cheap deal, make sure you have the airfare home.

Or better still, if you are still able to get back home to work, do so and earn some more cash.

The cost of living is rising everywhere, so moving on from Thailand is nothing more than delaying the inevitable.

That calculation ‘Which will last longest, me or the money?’ is a tough one and I suspect the cause of many a miscalculating expat heading for the top floor balcony.

My advice to anyone who finds themselves needing a cheaper place than Thailand is, where ever it is you decide to go for this cheap deal, make sure you have the airfare home.

Or better still, if you are still able to get back home to work, do so and earn some more cash.

The cost of living is rising everywhere, so moving on from Thailand is nothing more than delaying the inevitable.

That calculation ‘Which will last longest, me or the money?’ is a tough one and I suspect the cause of many a miscalculating expat heading for the top floor balcony.

Good advice GH, personally I could go back to Italy and live in my house and work there no problem ( my work is web based, I can work anywhere), I'm doing the expat thing, because I can save 3/4 of my monthly income and pay a second home (actually my third...) I bought 4 years ago in Italy and if I can keep it this way, it should be paid off by the end of 2012.

In 2012 I'll be 43 y.o. and I can retire with the income from three rented houses in Italy plus a good chunk of cash.

That's why I need to carefully calculate my expenses, that's my Plan A, if it fails, there's plain B, gong back to Italy and retire about ten years later, not so bad after all.

Edit: Oh, in the meanwhile I'm enjoining my SEA experience, it's not like being sent by your company against your will.

Edited by KhunMarco

Khun Marco,

Coming back to Italy would be no hardship.

I'm enjoying it tremendously here in Rome.

Just to remind you, the weather today is fabulous, a clear blue sky.

No eulogy could do the coffee justice, and if I ever doubt just how good it is, I take a stroll from Trastevere across Ponte Sisto, into Nouvona and call for a cup of nectar at Sant'Eustachio!

The food, well ask a Thai what food they like if they are not eating Thai, odds are they'll say Italian.

The wine.... Every week I discover another bottle of heaven, last week it was 'Sacramento Montefalco' - God it was fabulous.

And the women! ..... Wonderful, truly truly spectacular.

It seems you can't get a basic studio for less than 600$ a month, and from what I've been reading , if you think farang prices are a bad thing, wait to see gringo prices... too bad my castillano is good. :o

Are you sure that is US $ ? They still use the $ - symbol also for pesos, hangs back from the time pesos and $ were pegged.

( asking because I lived in BA for a while and find the price you mention as a min. extremely high )

Still thinking about Argentina for retirement btw

And btw II : BA and the rest of Argentina are two different countries rolleyes.gif

...And btw II : BA and the rest of Argentina are two different countries rolleyes.gif

And they don't get along either Portenos have bad reputation as short tempered with big mouths on provincial Arg ... but well if it's what it takes to be near those beuaties they have around there ... :D

another great place Brasil just near so if they still have the 6 month visa like when i travelled there in 90's good option is go north when Austral winter arrives .

Only minus in that area is street crime one shall have low profile and so but guess is not so much as news show and some birds are way more dangerous in this part of the globe :o .

Khun Marco,

Coming back to Italy would be no hardship.

I'm enjoying it tremendously here in Rome.

Just to remind you, the weather today is fabulous, a clear blue sky.

No eulogy could do the coffee justice, and if I ever doubt just how good it is, I take a stroll from Trastevere across Ponte Sisto, into Nouvona and call for a cup of nectar at Sant'Eustachio!

The food, well ask a Thai what food they like if they are not eating Thai, odds are they'll say Italian.

The wine.... Every week I discover another bottle of heaven, last week it was 'Sacramento Montefalco' - God it was fabulous.

And the women! ..... Wonderful, truly truly spectacular.

Hehe, that's what my mum always says "What the heck are you doing in Thailand, this is the best country in the world" (eh she misses me a lot, You know..Italian families-Thai families same same, very close)

Man don't tell me about the food, that's what I truly miss the most (sorry mum.. :o )

Enjoy your stay, Rome is marvelous

It seems you can't get a basic studio for less than 600$ a month, and from what I've been reading , if you think farang prices are a bad thing, wait to see gringo prices... too bad my castillano is good. :D

Are you sure that is US $ ? They still use the $ - symbol also for pesos, hangs back from the time pesos and $ were pegged.

( asking because I lived in BA for a while and find the price you mention as a min. extremely high )

Still thinking about Argentina for retirement btw

And btw II : BA and the rest of Argentina are two different countries rolleyes.gif

Duh !! :D I'm officially an Idiot! yes it is pesos :o 500USD big flat 120 sqm furnished with swimming pool, internet, near Plaza Serrano - Palermo Soho

Ok reconsidering Argentina :D

Yes BA is a big metropoli, quite different from the rest of the country, the truth is I don't know much about Argentina, still searching for further info on the net.

Well no one has mentioned an obvious choice!! australia good cheap living if you stay out of the big cities, especially Queensland if you are prepared to live inland,lots of over 50,s villages where a 3 bedroom aircon bungalow wil cost you the same as in Huahin, cost of living is cheaper too, kingprawns 8bucks a kilo , scotch fillet was 9 bucks a kilo yesterday,house rentals are cheap, and flights to thailand or Singapore are very cheap, add great medical care, perfect weather,fantastic fishing,golf is cheap too, no soccer but you got the lions, bronco,s ,Cowboys and Titans to keep the arm chair sportsman happy, most of the natives speak english,good choice of beers , and best of all, Distilling your own Hooch is LEGAL!!, stainless steel stills are on sale, and its pretty easy to get a visa :o Nignoy

Well no one has mentioned an obvious choice!! australia good cheap living if you stay out of the big cities, especially Queensland if you are prepared to live inland,lots of over 50,s villages where a 3 bedroom aircon bungalow wil cost you the same as in Huahin, cost of living is cheaper too, kingprawns 8bucks a kilo , scotch fillet was 9 bucks a kilo yesterday,house rentals are cheap, and flights to thailand or Singapore are very cheap, add great medical care, perfect weather,fantastic fishing,golf is cheap too, no soccer but you got the lions, bronco,s ,Cowboys and Titans to keep the arm chair sportsman happy, most of the natives speak english,good choice of beers , and best of all, Distilling your own Hooch is LEGAL!!, stainless steel stills are on sale, and its pretty easy to get a visa :D Nignoy

Only one problem, you would go bonkers with nothing to do :o If I'm not on the coast with plenty of places to visit, i.e. restaurants, bars, beaches, get together with mates and plenty of choice I would be bored in no time, that's one of the reasons I go to Thailand and I do live in a city too. :D

Well no one has mentioned an obvious choice!! australia good cheap living if you stay out of the big cities, especially Queensland if you are prepared to live inland,lots of over 50,s villages where a 3 bedroom aircon bungalow wil cost you the same as in Huahin, cost of living is cheaper too, kingprawns 8bucks a kilo , scotch fillet was 9 bucks a kilo yesterday,house rentals are cheap, and flights to thailand or Singapore are very cheap, add great medical care, perfect weather,fantastic fishing,golf is cheap too, no soccer but you got the lions, bronco,s ,Cowboys and Titans to keep the arm chair sportsman happy, most of the natives speak english,good choice of beers , and best of all, Distilling your own Hooch is LEGAL!!, stainless steel stills are on sale, and its pretty easy to get a visa :o Nignoy

Sounds great, nignoy. And the girls?

Sounds great, nignoy. And the girls?

I,m allowed to look but not touch mate, plenty of talent all shapes and sizes, by the way we willbe in eastern germany in november will you be home, Nignoy

Well no one has mentioned an obvious choice!! australia good cheap living if you stay out of the big cities, especially Queensland if you are prepared to live inland,lots of over 50,s villages where a 3 bedroom aircon bungalow wil cost you the same as in Huahin, cost of living is cheaper too, kingprawns 8bucks a kilo , scotch fillet was 9 bucks a kilo yesterday,house rentals are cheap, and flights to thailand or Singapore are very cheap, add great medical care, perfect weather,fantastic fishing,golf is cheap too, no soccer but you got the lions, bronco,s ,Cowboys and Titans to keep the arm chair sportsman happy, most of the natives speak english,good choice of beers , and best of all, Distilling your own Hooch is LEGAL!!, stainless steel stills are on sale, and its pretty easy to get a visa :D Nignoy

Only one problem, you would go bonkers with nothing to do :o If I'm not on the coast with plenty of places to visit, i.e. restaurants, bars, beaches, get together with mates and plenty of choice I would be bored in no time, that's one of the reasons I go to Thailand and I do live in a city too. :D

:D Queensland and nothing to do, you got the best beaches in the world,as for restaurants,bars and clubs plenty of them to, they tend to work hard and play hard here,I accepted a job over here 11 years ago made enough to retire comfortably, if I was still in UK would be dead and buried by now!we have the best of both worlds, 6 months a year thailand 6 months a year Ningi ,who could ask for more, :bah: If I get the urge to work, I go and have a lie down in my hammock till the urge goes away!! and IF!!!!! I get bored I can always wind my aussie neighbours and mates up, but we dont have time to get bored :D Nignoy

post-11182-1176326820_thumb.jpg

A very interesting topic.

I'd say nothing like my home town. :D

Road to the next town and city is reasonably fine. Occasional potholes are expected. Highway is basically empty with normal 4 lanes. All villages are connected at least by basic road. Basic amenities are acceptable, nearest government hospital, connected to the outside world through a reasonably good cyber cafe.

Home town is basically lifeless but small population have plenty of ideas and activities to occupy themselves with. There are a few nice forest/jungle recreational places as well as a wonderful beach...

Plenty of weird food to try... from the grubs, frogs, slugs to a wide variety of fruits you would not find elsewhere in the world... and maybe occasional wild game, seafood is cheap and fresh...

People are friendly, accommodating...

Oh well... Maybe not your cup of tea but I like it that way. :o

---------------------------------------------------------------

And your home town is where?

Costa Rica.

Great place, not cheap anymore though , my cousin lives in Quepos and runs a Scuba diving school, last month e wrote me an E-mail to tell me a crocodile ate a few chickens around the house and he was really pissed off :o

Well obviously there are still areas very cheap, but you need to drive 4 hours into the jungle, forget about internet and you need inverters and generators.

I also lived in Rep Dominicana a few years ago, it's really cheap, and you can overstay for years, without any problem, but and it's a big butt, police is truly scary, the boys in brown here compared are amateurs. Long hours of black out (so everybody need gen. end invert.), super high crime rate (people are really starving outside the megaresorts), I can't count the numbers of time they stolen my sneakers from the balcony (third floor..sheesh) and when I moved in a House I had to put fake snakes in the garden to keep people away (I swear , no kidding)

Living in a gated community with armed guards is not exactly my goal. Then hurricanes (especially certain areas). Totally wild wild west, but truly beautiful.

Edited by KhunMarco