Australian pensioners $750 ???

1 hour ago, marquis22 said:

I cannot get back there to receive the payment ????

I think the date to be there in Australia to qualify is March 31. ( haven't read the link listed above to know for sure ????

So you don't have to open the link it's 12 March 2020 to qualify for the payment

• Like 1

I’m not Australian but I was talking to my Australian friend the other day and the subject of exchange rates came up I totally understand why that’s a sensitive subject. I’m from the US and our dollar is just starting to improve so I hope you get it you all could probably use it with the AUD doing how it is. Good luck and stay healthy. 

• Like 2

OP This is the ruling...

{SNIP} To be eligible for the first Economic Support payment you must be residing in Australia and be receiving one of the following payments or hold one of the following concession cards....: {END}

Edited by BB1958

If I have read the Govt link right, they are going to pay an extra $550 per fortnight for 6 months to people on Govt support, who receive:   JobSeeker Payment, Sickness Allowance, Youth Allowance for jobseekers, Parenting Payment Partnered, Parenting Payment Single, Partner Allowance, Sickness Allowance, Farm Household Allowance.

Plus they are going to pay a one off $750 'bonus' to all those above and to most others as well, including pensioners.

But for all extra payments you must be resident in Australia as at 31 March.

Does anyone else see that, or have I got that wrong?

https://www.dss.gov.au/about-the-department/coronavirus-covid-19-information-and-support#cor

17 hours ago, marquis22 said:

I cannot get back there to receive the payment ????

I think the date to be there in Australia to qualify is March 31. ( haven't read the link listed above to know for sure ????

The real question is, do you live in Australia?

Been residing here permanently as a  disabilty pensioner and pensioner since 2001 

When the Rudd Govt gave out approx 1000 bucks (same as the Morrison Govt 750 bucks )around 2008 or 2009 to my great surprise i received it.

Perhaps with all the new legislations around 2002/3

relating to living overseas and still receiving the Pension we were grandfathered in

During those times we were affectionately known as the

Pre 2003 Gang 

Certainly can be corrected on the above and  TBH 

i will fall off my chair if it comes my way again LOL

Edited by deej
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, pdtokyo said:

betcha that will be brought forward.

I'm stuck in Oz, but it's a good time and place to be stuck.

Same - waiting for pension to start in a few years.  Visited in December and came back here in January - missed all the dramas luckily - and now get some extra bonuses - nice ????  

And as you said before - the systems are falling apart - say nothing and you might get lucky.  

Many people have been getting their pension paid directly to overseas banks - but is it still possible to get it paid into an Australian bank even if you are living overseas - anyone know?  

38 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

Same - waiting for pension to start in a few years.  Visited in December and came back here in January - missed all the dramas luckily - and now get some extra bonuses - nice ????  

And as you said before - the systems are falling apart - say nothing and you might get lucky.  

Many people have been getting their pension paid directly to overseas banks - but is it still possible to get it paid into an Australian bank even if you are living overseas - anyone know?  

Yes ,paid into Oz bank is fine.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, pdtokyo said:

You're sure about that are you? Outside Oz for > 6 weeks and still paid as a resident into an Oz account??

Please DM me details of how you did it, i'll pay you 10% of my pension for life (minus fees and charges) if it's 'legal' or even real.

There's two Aussie expats where I am in Thailand  and they get their pension paid into an Oz bank account.

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, deej said:

Been residing here permanently as a  disabilty pensioner and pensioner since 2001 

When the Rudd Govt gave out approx 1000 bucks (same as the Morrison Govt 750 bucks )around 2008 or 2009 to my great surprise i received it.

Perhaps with all the new legislations around 2002/3

relating to living overseas and still receiving the Pension we were grandfathered in

During those times we were affectionately known as the

Pre 2003 Gang 

Certainly can be corrected on the above and  TBH 

i will fall off my chair if it comes my way again LOL

Just a little bump Cobbers

whats my chances of receiving Sco Mo.s hand out (750 bucks ) many thks in advance .greatly appreciated

• Confused 1