Pattaya: "English Rose" bar brazenly serving drinks to tourists despite Covid-19 ban

webfact

15 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

I've met him, a Brit.

The majority of people drinking in there were not dining, not guests of the guest house. Why did he open?

Money, money, money.

A complete ringpiece who should be deported and banned from Thailand for 10 years.

Is this English Rose on Soi Pothole?

I doubt the authorities have thought through the impact on this ban, or just don't care

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Is this English Rose on Soi Pothole?

I doubt the authorities have thought through the impact on this ban, or just don't care

Yes run by a fellow Brit, Alan.

I doubt the farang bar owners have thought through the impact on this ban, or, much more likely, just don't care.

Not a restaurant, just a bar. Dispicable.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Of course not but by the same token English ignorance and stupidity are also not punishable offenses.

Hmmm,seems like your picking on just one group of people...did it say they were all English people in the bar....oh thats right it did,t......so maybe you could correct this obvious mistake and clarify your remark!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, martin3 said:

Hmmm,seems like your picking on just one group of people...did it say they were all English people in the bar....oh thats right it did,t......so maybe you could correct this obvious mistake and clarify your remark!

Owner is a Brit and most of his clientele are Brits so it's a fair guess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

way too late for the US/EU/UK, that time has long gone..

Not at all. There is a finite population in each country. But test kits can be produced, personnell can be trained, the number of labs increased.

One single, small German company produced 1.4 million test kits.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-german-tests-develop-private-pharma-company-cdc-a9406956.html

Imagine what the combined industrial might of the US, Germany, Japan, China, Britain, etc could do in terms of test kits, personnel, labs. Imagine the possibilities.

There is no alternative anyway, you have to test, identify and isolate the carriers. It's the only way to defeat the virus.

Listen to what Mike Ryan of the WHO is saying:

"What we really need to focus on is finding those who are sick, those who have the virus, and isolate them, find their contacts and isolate them," Mike Ryan said in an interview on the BBC's Andrew Marr Show.

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/03/22/world/europe/22reuters-health-coronavirus-who-ryan.html

Don't be a defeatist. BE LIKE MIKE!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

So, that means that self isolation will not help to point out the infected, with a minimum of more people being infected?

Does this nut head understand that by isolating the healthy from the healthy, they also isolate the carriers from spreading it to the healthy.

Somnetimes it´s amazing that such educated people can be allowed to act so stupid.

Self isolation makes testing more difficult. No public transport, people not being able to get tested.

Self-isolation in and of itself does not 'point out the infected'. Only testing will do that. 

The problem with self-isolation is that it can not continue indefinitely. It will have to end. What do you think will happen when people get out and about who have not been tested and carry the virus?

The only way to defeat the virus is to test, identify and isolate.

Listen to what Mike Ryan of the WHO is saying;

"What we really need to focus on is finding those who are sick, those who have the virus, and isolate them, find their contacts and isolate them," Mike Ryan said in an interview on the BBC's Andrew Marr Show."

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/03/22/world/europe/22reuters-health-coronavirus-who-ryan.html

Don't be a fool. BE LIKE MIKE!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

A more important test, which is in the pipeline, is a test to confirm if you have ever had Covid-19. If that can be rolled out on a global scale it will be a real game changer.

Excellent news.

Mandatory mass testing is the only way to identify carriers and to control the virus.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Logosone said:

Not at all. There is a finite population in each country. But test kits can be produced, personnell can be trained, the number of labs increased.

One single, small German company produced 1.4 million test kits.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/coronavirus-german-tests-develop-private-pharma-company-cdc-a9406956.html

Imagine what the combined industrial might of the US, Germany, Japan, China, Britain, etc could do in terms of test kits, personnel, labs. Imagine the possibilities.

There is no alternative anyway, you have to test, identify and isolate the carriers. It's the only way to defeat the virus.

Listen to what Mike Ryan of the WHO is saying:

"What we really need to focus on is finding those who are sick, those who have the virus, and isolate them, find their contacts and isolate them," Mike Ryan said in an interview on the BBC's Andrew Marr Show.

Don't be a defeatist. BE LIKE MIKE!

I'm sorry but I put some of the blame of the the late response on the WHO. IMO The pressure from certain governments (concerning economics) on the WHO to delay declaring a pandemic and warning the world forcefully has doomed millions. If you want some unfiltered truth of the true state of the world I suggest you tune in to the daily podcast of Dr. John Campbell, who gives a synopsis of each countries progress through medical contacts in many countries. I no longer have any faith in the WHO, which like many countries around the world has simply dropped the ball and put money over lives. We all had a pretty good lead time (from cases in China) and governments could of led and made a real difference, but chose not to. I am not a defeatist I am a realist and I suggest that all that read this to GET READY and hang on.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, from the home of CC said:

I'm sorry but I put some of the blame of the the late response on the WHO. IMO The pressure from certain governments (concerning economics) on the WHO to delay declaring a pandemic and warning the world forcefully has doomed millions. If you want some unfiltered truth of the true state of the world I suggest you tune in to the daily podcast of Dr. John Campbell, who gives a synopsis of each countries progress through medical contacts in many countries. I no longer have any faith in the WHO, which like many countries around the world has simply dropped the ball and put money over lives. We all had a pretty good lead time (from cases in China) and governments could of led and made a real difference, but chose not to. I am not a defeatist I am a realist and I suggest that all that read this to GET READY and hang on.. 

I agree, the WHO has gotten it wrong many, many times in the past.

However, Mike Ryan has it right NOW, which is the  key thing.

The only way to control the virus is to test, identify and isolate the carriers. This is the only option we have. There is no other.

"What we really need to focus on is finding those who are sick, those who have the virus, and isolate them, find their contacts and isolate them," Mike Ryan said in an interview on the BBC's Andrew Marr Show."

Don't just hang on! BE LIKE MIKE!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Logosone said:

Excellent news.

Mandatory mass testing is the only way to identify carriers and to control the virus.

You mean testing the entire populace of this planet?

Who recommended it and what countries have already started doing it?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

Tie bar owner not following the rules that’s surprising TIT

14 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Not Thai, Brit.

Ooooops! Now start to tread lightly... the game has changed.

• Haha 1

"bar brazenly serving drinks to tourists"

In a short time we should not see many tourists, those who are still in the country arrived before the big crisis, many will have to leave soon, logically quite quickly there should only be expatriates!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Yes run by a fellow Brit, Alan.

I doubt the farang bar owners have thought through the impact on this ban, or, much more likely, just don't care.

Not a restaurant, just a bar. Dispicable.

Whoever that "Alan" guy is he should also be added to the list together with his customers.

49 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Bang on the money as usual bbi1.

I was thinking along similar lines, except there would be some waterboarding first. But then I thought again. Why waste time, and water, on the torture? Just execute them outside the bar (or even in the bar). As a warning to others, and to send out a strong, positive message.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Bang on the money as usual bbi1.

I was thinking along similar lines, except there would be some waterboarding first. But then I thought again. Why waste time, and water, on the torture? Just execute them outside the bar (or even in the bar). As a warning to others, and to send out a strong, positive message.

Should get that bouncer from samui, he's got a pretty good shot

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

All this faux outrage, over the weekend the beaches in Rayong were full of Bangkok number plated vehicles with the Thai people in full on party mode with all the bars and resorts still open. It seems if Bangkok is shut then they'll just go somewhere else to enjoy themselves and spread the virus.

p.s. I was in Big C the other day and they had all these cooked chickens etc on open display, even without the virus I don't think it's hygenic but during a pandemic?

Edited by sandrabbit
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

for what? drinking beer?

If you were caught inside a pub in Ireland after hours you used to get a ticket which was essentially a fixed fine from the police.

They often 'raided' late night lock ins, and yes - for drinking in a pub after hours.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

All this faux outrage, over the weekend the beaches in Rayong were full of Bangkok number plated vehicles with the Thai people in full on party mode with all the bars and resorts still open. It seems if Bangkok is shut then they'll just go somewhere else to enjoy themselves and spread the virus.

Bondi beach closed after crowds defy ban on gatherings of 500-plus... ????

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/mar/21/bondi-beach-closed-down-after-crowds-defy-ban-on-gatherings-of-more-than-500-people

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

p.s. I was in Big C the other day and they had all these cooked chickens etc on open display, even without the virus I don't think it's hygenic but during a pandemic?

It's Ok with the chickens Sandrabbit; not to worry. The enzymes in the gut kill the virus.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Logosone said:

I agree, the WHO has gotten it wrong many, many times in the past.

However, Mike Ryan has it right NOW, which is the  key thing.

The only way to control the virus is to test, identify and isolate the carriers. This is the only option we have. There is no other.

Don't just hang on! BE LIKE MIKE!

the Dr. I suggested watching has been pushing for more testing for more than a month now, this information from the WHO is way too late. Nevertheless stay safe Sir and I wish you and yours good luck and good health..

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1