90 Day Report Question

I have a ME Non-Immigrant O visa (expires Sep 2020). 

I was unable to get out of the country to do a border run via land before they shut things down so I went to immigration today to get a 60 day extension. 

I last entered Thailand on Dec 28, 2019 and I was supposed to leave Mar 26, 2020. 

Immigration gave me a 60-day extension until May 25, 2020. 

I asked the immigration official if I needed to do a 90 day report because my total stay from Dec 28 - May 25 without be longer than 90 days and he told me that I didn't have to do a 90 day report. 

Does that sound right?  Should I be worried about getting whacked with a fine when I try to request an extension for reasons of marriage?  Or will I get a surprise if I try to leave and come back again on this extension? 

I know, way back in the day when I had an ED visa, I had to get it extended every 90 days, but there was no 90-day report.  Is that what's going on here?  

Is the logic that since I obtained an extension, thus showing proof of residence in the process, that the 90 days is not required? 

I know I should have gotten a better answer from the immigration office but the person I was speaking with just kept saying "No have to do 90 days" without really explaining why.  :-)