Letter for Emergency Extension of Stay for US Citizens

4 hours ago, vermin on arrival said:

I don't know if this will work as CW seemed to be demanding notarized letters that were paid for, and all appointments are closed.

If that's really what immigration is asking for - and we've only heard that from second hand reports - it would really indicate that they don't know what they're talking about. What will be provided going forward is exactly what immigration says they wanted: a letter FROM the embassy. A paid, notarized letter would simply be a personal statement by a US citizen whose identity had been verified by the embassy. 

2 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

If that's really what immigration is asking for - and we've only heard that from second hand reports - it would really indicate that they don't know what they're talking about. What will be provided going forward is exactly what immigration says they wanted: a letter FROM the embassy. A paid, notarized letter would simply be a personal statement by a US citizen whose identity had been verified by the embassy. 

Unfortunately  it seems they are requesting original documents. Here is a photo another member took form Phuket. I suspect CW in BKK will be doing the same.

image.png.51c4d3ad5b81218db390078f46e925c8.png

I emailed them today and received this reply: 

Subject: Re: Visa Extension

Thai Immigration requires foreign travelers to request an extension letter from their respective embassies when applying for visa extension related to the COVID-19 virus.  In order to facilitate the preparation of this letter, please reply to this email with: 1. your full name as listed in your passport, 2. your date of birth, and 3. your U.S. passport number.  Due to the volume of requests, please allow up to 72 hours for a copy of your extension letter to be sent to you via email.  Every effort is being made to issue them as soon as possible.  

Nothing about a biodata page- I replied with the requested information.This was today (Monday, March 23) so obviously didnt receive my letter yet, but I did receive this reply confirming they received my info
Dear Mr. Xxxx

Thai Immigration requires foreign travelers to request an extension letter from their respective embassies when applying for visa extension related to the COVID-19 virus.  Thank you for providing your passport and/or relevant information necessary to prepare this letter.  Due to the volume of requests, please allow up to 72 hours for a copy of your extension letter to be sent to you via email.  Every effort is being made to issue them as soon as possible.  

Sincerely,

American Citizen Service

Edited by BigJ
Additional info to add