Phuket Immigration confirms B500 a day overstay fines are being levied

snoop1130

39 minutes ago, Canuck1966 said:

Meanwhile in a proper country they make is SIMPLE!!

The Home Office in the UK has announced it will extend the visas of people unable to return to their home countries due to the coronavirus outbreak.

Foreign nationals whose UK visas expire anytime after 24 January and who cannot leave the country because of travel bans or self-isolation are being urged to inform the Home Office if they wish to extend their stay.

The extensions will last until 31 May, but ministers said the situation would be kept under regular review in case further extensions are needed.

No pìssing about risking your life in queues to satisfy avarice immigration officers

No extra fees

No visits to your embassy in Bangkok

No confusion of what to do depending on which visa you have

Just a blanket extension on ALL visas with NO fees

Home Secretary Priti Patel said those who contact the department for a visa extension will be expected to return to their home countries as soon as possible once flight and border restrictions are lifted, but that no immigration enforcement action would be undertaken during this time for those who contact the Home Office.

She said: “The UK continues to put the health and wellbeing of people first and nobody will be punished for circumstances outside of their control. By extending people’s visas, we are giving people peace of mind and also ensuring that those in vital services can continue their work.”

Wake up Thailand you worthless set of cretins

I wonder how they contact the Home Office...phone, email or having to visit....if it's a visit, you could imagine more queues than are here.

Hmmm...just another example of the terrible attitude Thai immigration have towards foreigners(aliens). I suggest they won’t even have to have a long memory to never return to a country where you get treated in such an insulting manner

• Like 2

Same as last year.  500B a day for overstaying.  No change in policy.

I overstayed twice last year by accident.  Total of three days, 1500B.

Let's call the overstay fine for what it really is-- a Stupidity Tax. ????????????????

Edited by SiSePuede419

5 hours ago, bbbbooboo said:

Hmmm...just another example of the terrible attitude Thai immigration have towards foreigners(aliens). I suggest they won’t even have to have a long memory to never return to a country where you get treated in such an insulting manner

If people are coming to Thailand (or other countries) as a tourist during a virus outbreak, are they entitled to whine about it and demand immunity when it comes to Immigration laws? Have you given that a thought? I would say tourists are the most stupid at the moment. 

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Are all embassies following the same as the British one. ie you can apply for the letter by e-mail and they will post it to you ?

Some embassies/consulates issues the original letter stamped and signed. But you might have to collect it in person. 

44 minutes ago, Geeyore said:

By "well before this time" do you mean the 5-6 days ago when all adjacent borders began to close, airlines reduced outbound flights to a trickle, and huge virus breakouts began in multiple countries? 

I had plans A, B, and C for visa expiration in May, but these were all suddenly dashed over the course of one week.

The only remaining plans are (a) sit it out per my embassy, and hope for the best; (b) buy one-way airline ticket, empty apartment, and go to my country which is just ramping up on pandemic; (c) try to extend visa at Chaeng Wattana, if it's still open and if my embassy produces some kind of request letter for it's citizens.

You are rather unkind to assume that no on other than yourself has any kind of plan. Circumstances have altered even the most reasonable of plans for foreigners in Thailand.

It's quite simple,don't travel during a virus outbreak and then start complaining about immigration laws. That only shows how stupid people are. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2020 at 8:20 AM, robertson468 said:

Every system and Country evolves, but sadly, people like yourself do not appreciate that and when something new comes along you throw your teddy out of the cot.  Grow up and be rational and if you can't then go back to your Nanny State that will spoon feed you.  By the way I have lived very happily in Thailand for 15 years and intend to stay until "end of time" for me.

Wow, are your other 1636 comments as pompous as this? 
Not sure how you come to the conclusion Thailand is evolving
Im not from a nanny state and I have been self employed over 30 years so certainly not spoon fed
I have no interest in your "By the way" statement, your irrelevance is not worth talking about ????

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 10:41 AM, jimmythefish said:

I am an fogey. I agree with everything you say. I lived in Thailand for a total of seven years. Only broken by a few years in the UK. I married a Thai woman. Last year when this junta government made it compulsory to have medical insurance with a Thai insurance company. I made some investigations. I found that because of my past medical back ground and age (73)  it was going to  cost me 20,000 bahts a month. minimum. 10,000 fine for not carrying your passport. report every 90 days. Have 800,000 baht in the bank #, not allowed to buy a house.... I was hospitalised and had open surgery foe a verterbral disc prolapse, Unable to walk for a month at all, then on a zimmer frame for 3 months. I could not make it to the Immigration office to sign in. When I did sign in with a letter from my surgeon stating my inability to walk. The Immigration officer at  Sai Noi still fined me 20,000 baht. So I stopped signing in at all for a year. I made my plans and arranged my flights with my dog. and flew to Vietnam. I was fined 20,000 baht at suvarnabhumi airport.. Cheaper than having to stay. I have met several ex pats who used to live in Thailand. Bought homes here, and DO NOT have to have 800,000 baht in bank, or any of the other money grabbing junta immigration rules. Food is cheaper here.. restaurants and bars cheaper. Houses are about the same price. I am renting a 3 bedroom modern house. just a couple of years old A/C modern kitchen etc

200 dollars a month.  still have to extend my visa every 3 months. but not a problem.. get an agency to do it for me. My advice to any ex pats, who do want to leave Vietnam is a very good alternative..Oh and the people here are just as nice as Thai citizens.. The only regret for me was having to leave so many lovely of my Thai friends. Who have told me they will visit me as soon as I am settled in here.. only a couple of hours flight..

Mate that sounds such a dreadful experience which no doubt it was. Im not surprised you decided to bu99er off. Id love to know more about where you are staying as my interest in VN is as follows . . . 

I am only here in Thailand stranded because I was on my way to Vietnam to set up a business. I came here for 1 month visa exempt and had a flight already booked to Saigon on 20th March when my 30 days was up. On the 18th I was emailed my flight had been cancelled so I am now on my extension until 19th April. After that, I have no idea what is going to happen. If it wasnt for the virus I would be in Vietnam myself now setting up a new life for myself. So being punished for things I had no control over just shows what Thailand has become. If someone offered me a way out right now I would bite their hands off. PM me I'd love to know about your life over there. BTW I have been on quite a few occasions which has made me understand where I personally would be better off

11 hours ago, sanemax said:

He didnt say that though 

Though it is a direct copy from the OP's link without any edit?  Try to click and READ max.  It will become clear.  You are wrong and Lt Col Udom did "say that" as I copied.  Though I do say that the "say that" that you are referring to makes no sane reference max as you don't make the "say that" very clear.  And the "he" is not very clear as well so I really do not know who you are talking about, Lt Col Udom or Max69xl.  I cannot be held accountable for anything Max69xl does say or doesn't say and I did make a clear point about that which Lt Col Udom did say about his "say that".  Again, what is that "say that"?  I see that you do not click or READ the same as Max.  Your comment above clearly does not appear, at least to me, to be sane max.

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

It's quite simple,don't travel during a virus outbreak and then start complaining about immigration laws. That only shows how stupid people are. 

Some people travel constantly so are bound to have got caught up in this. Generalising only shows how stupid you are. Not everyones circumstances are the same. This actual topic is about immigration charging 500 THB a day overstay when they should be doing the humane thing and helping people not taking advantage. Kicking people out if they are unable to pay is only risking spreading the virus anyway. Im only 1 example but I got caught in transit with this and now Im stuck in Thailand when I should be in Nam. Im not beefing about it, it is what it is, wrong place wrong time. I'll abide by the laws regarding staying in etc as long as I can get out for food but this charge of 500 a day is blatant robbery, at least they are wearing Dick Turpin masks as they ask you to stick em up

On 3/24/2020 at 4:15 AM, Canuck1966 said:

They will be dead queuing up like that on a regular basis!

If they like that the virus spreads itself quickly, than they should maintain these concentration camp,

authorities show completely irresponsible and non-emphatic behaviour.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, timkeen08 said:

Though it is a direct copy from the OP's link without any edit?  Try to click and READ max.  It will become clear.  You are wrong and Lt Col Udom did "say that" as I copied.  Though I do say that the "say that" that you are referring to makes no sane reference max as you don't make the "say that" very clear.  And the "he" is not very clear as well so I really do not know who you are talking about, Lt Col Udom or Max69xl.  I cannot be held accountable for anything Max69xl does say or doesn't say and I did make a clear point about that which Lt Col Udom did say about his "say that".  Again, what is that "say that"?  I see that you do not click or READ the same as Max.  Your comment above clearly does not appear, at least to me, to be sane max.

Fair enough, I thought that you were referring to another person and another statement   , 

Here is an email I sent to the British consulate yesterday, below that is their automated reply stating that I need to put the word "RESEND" in the subject line if the answer(s) to my query was not included in the automated reply. It wasnt, so I replied as requested with "RESEND" in the subject line. Guess what? The same automated reply came back!!! Seems like they are making it so they cant be contacted, unless anyone has any other ideas? 

Good afternoon

Please allow me to explain the predicament I find myself in through no fault of my own.

I left England on the 19th February arriving in Thailand on the 20th February via a flight with Finnair. Before I left England, I booked an onward flight to Saigon that was due to leave on the 20th March (last Friday). I came to Thailand for a holiday (visa exempt) before flying on to Saigon to start a new business. 

Unfortunately, over a week before my flight was due to Saigon, maybe the 11th March if memory serves, Vietnam decided to stop issuing their 15 day visa exempt and a day after that, stopped accepting visa applications altogether. I did not book a visa with an agent I use here when in Thailand as I did not know whether I wanted a 3 month single entry visa, or a 3 month multi entry visa. I have copied the visa agent I use into this email for their Information also.

With hindsight I saved money because 2 days before my flight was due to Saigon I received an email from the company I booked online with for the flight from BKK - SGN stating that the flight had been cancelled.

So, last Friday (20th March) I extended my visa at immigration in Jomtien, Pattaya which gave me another 30 days grace and I was hoping by the time my extension was finished, something would be put in place to help us if the virus was still nowhere near finished

Today though, I have been reading that Thai immigration centres across the country are refusing extensions to people who have already extended, although some comments on social media have said they are taking 1900THB to stay in the Kingdom for 1 extra week when that is the price for a whole month extension? After that 7 days is finished, I am reading you are basically kicked out and sent on your way. 

As stated, I didnt ask to be put in this extremely awkward position which I find myself in and would like to know what options I have. I have also read that if I can get a letter from the British embassy/consulate it is possible to continue to extend each month until the pandemic is such that we can continue with our 'normal' lives. But there are so many conflicting reports it is difficult to know if any are legitimate

I hope you can offer me some reassuring guidance during these particularly difficult times. 
                 ----------------------------------------------------------------------

The reply below was the automated one

14 Wireless Road

Lumpini, Pathumwan,

Bangkok 10330

THAILAND

www.gov.uk/world/thailand

Opening hours:

8:00 – 16:30 Monday – Thursday

8.00 – 13:00 Friday

We are closed during Embassy Public Holidays

Thank you for contacting the British Embassy Bangkok. Please read carefully the below. If the information you are seeking is not listed, please reply to this email and add the word “RESEND” in the subject line to ensure that your email is responded to. We will respond at the earliest opportunity. Please do not RESEND enquiries regarding all visa and consular services. 

ขอบคุณสำหรับการติดต่อมายังสถานเอกอัครราชทูตอังกฤษประจำประเทศไทย กรุณาอ่านข้อความด้านล่างนี้โดยละเอียด หากข้อมูลที่ท่านต้องการไม่อยู่ในรายการต่างๆ ที่กล่าวในนี้ โปรดส่งอีเมลของท่านใหม่อีกครั้งพร้อมระบุคำว่า “RESEND” ลงบนหัวข้ออีเมลเพื่อเราจะดำเนินการต่อไป ขอความกรุณางดส่งอีเมลที่เกี่ยวกับเรื่องวีซ่าหรืองานบริการด้านกงสุลในทุกกรณี

Consular Services

For any Consular enquiries, please submit your enquiry via our Consular web form. Please do not include personal or financial information, such as your National Insurance number or credit card details. For emergency consular enquiries, please contact +44 (0) 207 008 1500.

Please note that the Info Bangkok mailbox is unable to provide information or guidance regarding Consular Services and therefore cannot respond directly to you.

งานบริการด้านกงสุล

หากท่านมีคำถามเกี่ยวกับการบริการด้านงานกงสุล กรุณาส่งคำถามของท่านไปที่ Consular web formโปรดอย่าเผยแพร่ข้อมูลส่วนตัวหรือข้อมูลทางด้านการเงิน เช่น หมายเลขกรมธรรม์หรือข้อมูลบัตรเครดิตต่างๆ สำหรับกรณีฉุกเฉินกรุณาติดต่อที่ +44 (0) 207 008 1500

โปรดทราบเราไม่สามารถให้ข้อมูลหรือคำแนะนำเกี่ยวกับงานบริการด้านกงสุลได้ทางอีเมลนี้ ฉะนั้นท่านจะไม่ได้รับการตอบกลับโดยตรง

UK Visa Services

Please note that we are unable to provide information or guidance regarding UK visa applications and therefore cannot respond directly to you.

If you would like to apply for a UK visa, book an online appointment, or find out about visa services, please visit the VFS Global website. Further information and guidance - including the Immigration Rules, processing times, visa fees, and supporting documents – are freely available on UK Visas and Immigration website.

If you need to contact by telephone or email you can do so here, but please note this is subject to a chargeable fee. For submitting a complaint regarding the visa service, you can do so here.

บริการวีซ่า

ขอเรียนให้ทราบว่าเราไม่สามารถให้ข้อมูลหรือคำแนะนำเกี่ยวกับการขอวีซ่าประเทศอังกฤษได้ ฉะนั้นเราจึงไม่สามารถตอบอีเมล์ถึงท่านโดยตรง

หากท่านต้องการสอบถามข้อมูลเกี่ยวกับการขอวีซ่า การจองนัดหมายออนไลน์หรือค้นหาข้อมูลบริการวีซ่า กรุณาเข้าไปที่เว็บไซต์ วีเอฟเอฟโกลบอล สำหรับข้อมูลเพิ่มและคำแนะนำต่างๆ รวมถึงกฎการเข้าเมือง ระยะเวลาการพิจารณา ค่าธรรมเนียมวีซ่าและเอกสารประกอบการพิจารณาคำร้อง สามารถดูรายละเอียดได้ที่ เว็บไซต์ของสำนักตรวจคนเข้าเมืองสหราชอาณาจักร หากท่านต้องการสอบถามข้อมูลโดยตรงกับสำนักงานตรวจคนเข้าเมืองสหราชอาณาจักรทางโทรศัพท์หรืออีเมล ท่านสามารถติดต่อได้ที่นี่ ซึ่งจะมีค่าใช้บริการเพิ่มเติม หากต้องการร้องเรียนเกี่ยวกับบริการวีซ่า สามารถร้องเรียนได้ที่นี่

As stated earlier, I replied with "RESEND" in the subject box and received exactly the same reply! 

On 3/24/2020 at 8:53 AM, baansgr said:

As everyone is in the database, surely a 1,900 baht payment could be made on line for 30 days.....

My travel friend who comes with me every year went to Immigration yesterday...they told him he could only get a 7 day extension and he had to come back ...with a Letter from the Embassy ......<deleted> !!! 

On 3/25/2020 at 10:42 AM, Max69xl said:

If it was that simple, Thailand would have barred these stupid tourists from entering in the first place. Since obviously everybody knew it was too high risk to travel at that time.

Nobody knew how daft the response from immigration would be, can you even name a single country that has demanded embassy letters, instead of granting some kind of temporary amnesty? Fair to say the burden of responsibility is on them, since tourists could not have possibly known in advance immigration would prefer to put peoples health at risk for the sake of protocol.

On 3/23/2020 at 9:21 PM, YetAnother said:
On 3/23/2020 at 8:58 PM, snoop1130 said:

“Everything is up to the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok,” he said.

total and utter BS; we all know that

It is not "total and utter BS", it is a fact.

"...we all know that.."

Now that is "total and utter BS".

On 3/25/2020 at 10:42 AM, Max69xl said:

That only shows how stupid people are. 

I see Mr XL. Had it crossed your mind the the people and problems that appear on Thaivisa are not generally related to the "Tourists" who holiday during a pandemic?

Right aim, but wrong target.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 10:05 AM, Max69xl said:

If tourists were smart,they don't travel during a Coronavirus breakout. No one forced them here.

What a moronic statement by obviously a very uneducated individual, as are many other comments.

I do agree in regards to Embassies, why would they complain, they receive their fat cheques every week for sitting around drinking coffee.

On 3/24/2020 at 8:06 AM, Canuck1966 said:

We all need to start a thread where everybody agrees to cough violently whilst waiting in line.

Might cause a few office closures and a change of approach

It would be a better idea if everyone just refused to pay....they can't jail everyone...

• Like 1

Sad state of affairs...but why waste time complaining here, can it solve any of your problems? Disseminate on ur social media platforms and emails to relative, friends and media back home, state online petitions for removal of your ambassadors of consul staff if they do not help. Even if just 5 people signing up, it will damage their online presence. 

Also when would most understand that the Thais do not like farangs anymore?

On 3/29/2020 at 2:37 PM, bearpolar said:

we still have no updates on this?

Are 30days extentions still possible? Are we really allowed free overstay? (im leaving somewhere in april if theres still flights)

Paid overstay today, so not free yet. You can get the second 30 day extension if you get embassy letter and some other supporting documentation (like photos of you in your room, this oddball requirement varies between immigration centers afaik).

2 hours ago, JeffyInBkk said:

Sad state of affairs...but why waste time complaining here, can it solve any of your problems? Disseminate on ur social media platforms and emails to relative, friends and media back home, state online petitions for removal of your ambassadors of consul staff if they do not help. Even if just 5 people signing up, it will damage their online presence. 

Also when would most understand that the Thais do not like farangs anymore?

Why does someone in Bangkok feel so aggrieved by what is going on in Phuket? I can assure you the concern is not reciprocated. Are you some sort of social influencer that doesnt get it that neither the Thais nor the embassies care?

Why should genuine overstayers be above the law? 

''Online presence'- how millenial.

• Confused 1