Phuket Immigration confirms B500 a day overstay fines are being levied

snoop1130

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

B500 a day overstay fines are being levied

It’s seems insulting and at a time like this, excessive BUT those who can’t return home can get an extension. Those of us who actually live here there isn’t an excuse for not doing your 90 days or your visa extension. 
The negative impact is that people will not have been registered so we don’t know where they are. 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, AntipodeanThai said:

Sorry not here to nor do I have the time to do your homework. Go to the Government sites like Centrelink or press statements. Yes of course you have to be in Australia to get it, and NO , your statement again about late April is again wrong,  its starts the day you register and yes you have to have lost your job or for foreigners not have means of support and can not leave . As there are no flights thats a give me.

Your statement claimed that Australians stuck in Thailand would get it. Re-read what you wrote

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AntipodeanThai said:

Your statements are totally incorrect sorry. Over the weekend the Centrelink system was upgraded to handle 55,000 from 5,000 actoins at a time and is being further upgraded. People can apply online and receive benefits for yesterday nd the Government has actively been promoting that and advising applicants NOT to queue but to do it that way. Additionally, an extra 5,000 call centre staff are being addd. Research first place.

Oh dear, it's happened again today - https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/mar/24/newly-unemployed-australians-queue-at-centrelink-offices-as-mygov-website-crashes-again

1 minute ago, bestie said:

Hi, do you have any proof that 90% want to abuse the system? I think they only want to stay save and given them 30Days with or without an embassy letter would not such big deal. And this would relax this situation and that would mean that they would spend their money here. But They will not sitting on the beach or drinking in bars. They will be locked in their room anyway. But let them run to the immigration is not a very smart move. I guess we will see a raise in heart attacks by many old farangs these days.

lol yea like the bunch sitting in a bar yesterday in Pattaya. After hanging out in this country for 18 years I've seen and read about so many immigration scammers through the years that tourists and expat credibility in my viewpoint (and apparently the Thais considering the tightening in recent years) is a very low bar. And most of these folks are from countries whose own immigration policies are very restrictive - especially to Thais. Nah, you reap what you sowed, pay the 500/day and stay in your room and be thankful you're not being driven over one of the borders and being deposited..  

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

In all fairness this could not be as bad as being made out  - IF - you can get an extension as you cannot leave the country due to flights being cancelled, meaning you are overstaying. Hitting people for not re-applying for a visa when it would be given for free potentially due to virus could just be punishing stupidity. Course it would be shocking to be fined for being unable to get a 'virus' extension due to immigration shutting and being hit 

Yes - that would be bad ??

19 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

If tourists were smart,they don't travel during a Coronavirus breakout. No one forced them here.

Max its not just tourist's, its even those that need to do a 90 day border run on a Non Imm O Multi Entry Visa based upon family or marriage.......Possibly even those that just left on a OA Visa and returned in order to start the process to gain an O.....lets at least give those folks a benefit of the doubt, All are not on 1 year extensions....

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Toany said:

Money comes before anything else to the government.

If the tourists have a long memory, they will never returm

Current new Covid-19 rules are making it nearly impossible to return or to hard basket to want to

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

Might as well just round up all the foreigners and put them in a concentration camp

Our embassies are worthless too, they should be putting some serious diplomatic and even military pressure on these goons

They did just that last time an emergency arose....... when the Japs walked in..... they put all the "Farangs" in the Tobacco monopoly....... 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, YetAnother said:

total and utter BS; we all know that ; well i hope these people never come back and thai people get smart on how to treat and welcome tourists; NOT happen and super NOT

That's true, as I have said on here a few times at the bottom of the Immigration authorities page for visa applications written in small wording is something on the lines of,'Each Provence will decide on all matters as they see fit at the time',meaning no matter what rules and laws are in place they can do as they wish if they want to without any backlash.

Edited by Sonyboy

3 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I am so glad to be gone from Thailand, and will not be back to Thailand except for funerals.

Cheerfulness in the face of adversity !!!! That's the Dunkirk spirit!

Ever considered voluntary work with the Samaritans?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, bristolgeoff said:

that is part of the normal thing that happens here.but at this time other things are more important. they should cancel all visa  fees and look to next year.but that is asking alot of thailand as the farang now

What about free beer?

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

his office has no authority in the matter.

Of course not, except when it’s money in their pockets or they just feel like making up their own rules....to make more money. Devoid of any morality whatsoever 

7 hours ago, Canuck1966 said:

Might as well just round up all the foreigners and put them in a concentration camp

Our embassies are worthless too, they should be putting some serious diplomatic and even military pressure on these goons

Seriously, it's time Western countries started taking care of their expat citizens again. Most have moved into "don't give a toss about them" attitude. 

Maybe Western governments should start reciprocating treating other country's nationals the same as their own nationals are treated in that person's country. Such as visa and extension of stay duration and required information, business ownership, property ownership, access to public places' costs, benefits etc etc etc.

And having supa dupa wealth should not be allowed to short cut the rules. 

Maybe then the doyens would get earache from those who currently benefit greatly from the lopsided equation to get real.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, patrick1968 said:

of course they will do this to us ! We are not Chinese   

Do you realize that this rule is for all foreigners, not only farangs? Perhaps the Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, etc. are smarter and left Thailand in the beginning of the corona crises because they saw what will come. But the westerns stayed in Thailand and are now wondering that flights are canceled and borders are closed. And now they are starting to think about the future and their stay. 

Edited by CNXexpat

It is all the embassies which should answer this chief of immigration.

If I take the case of the French in Koh Samui, the consulate is now closed completely!

What should these people do? Going to Bangkok to get a letter they will never have?

The embassy declared that all requests now should be made either online or by telephone.

Such a shame should be published in most of the newspapers of the world.

2 hours ago, bestie said:

Hi, do you have any proof that 90% want to abuse the system? I think they only want to stay save and given them 30Days with or without an embassy letter would not such big deal. And this would relax this situation and that would mean that they would spend their money here. But They will not sitting on the beach or drinking in bars. They will be locked in their room anyway. But let them run to the immigration is not a very smart move. I guess we will see a raise in heart attacks by many old farangs these days.

Don't try and reason with the Thai apologists, they are sycophantic about Amazing Thailand

The sort that wear a yellow govt shirts on a Monday and have wives that adore Prayut 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, robertson468 said:

Every system and Country evolves, but sadly, people like yourself do not appreciate that and when something new comes along you throw your teddy out of the cot.  Grow up and be rational and if you can't then go back to your Nanny State that will spoon feed you.  By the way I have lived very happily in Thailand for 15 years and intend to stay until "end of time" for me.

5 hours ago, robertson468 said:

Every system and Country evolves, but sadly, people like yourself do not appreciate that and when something new comes along you throw your teddy out of the cot.  Grow up and be rational and if you can't then go back to your Nanny State that will spoon feed you.  By the way I have lived very happily in Thailand for 15 years and intend to stay until "end of time" for me.

Your intention is a hope - a hope that the junta may well prevent you from fulfilling. Then ,as you only view circumstances through the prism of your own current position  and with no forethought,your attitude will suddenly change.

Edited by nchuckle
  • Thanks 1