U.S. states, cities desperate for coronavirus help, military prepares

webfact

I'm in Silicon Valley right now and most people are taking everything seriously, but there still fools running about treating this like a holiday and likely extending the infection rate. 

No riots and people are using social media to communicate when something like TP is available at a local store.  People have organized to help keep seniors and disabled supplied with food deliveries.  

Free covid-19 testing has started and of those tested, less than 10% of tested are showing positive.

Whatever you think you may know from the news, I'd rather be in California right now than in Thailand.

(btw, and I hate living in CA, and I realize things will get worse before getting better in the US)

Edited by Iron Tongue

I think the point is moot. Those that are smart and can afford to take themselves out of the system, those that are employed by companies to work from home will. Smart, educated people are not going back to normal.

Many of the people who must return to their jobs won't have customers, productivity low and if they fall ill will still go to work until they show symptoms.

If transiting by train, subway, bus, etc that's just a coffin with time delay.

I think there are horrors in China we will never see. I'm not at all impressed with the US response. It paled in comparison to Korea.

The virus can take out an unlimited amount of people. Problem with US is for a variety of reasons has been living hand to mouth for decades. All hail - money.

If I were in the US I wouldn't go back to work. If I was an employer I wouldn't want my employees in either.

Funny, all those wars in Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan don't seem so important now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

60% approval rating for Trump handling the virus. That's a poll by Gallup as well. Meanwhile Biden does little virus podcasts pretending he has a government position. What started to cheers of glee for the dems might be not what they thought. 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/24/donald-trumps-job-approval-rating-shows-coronaviru/

The Washington Times, bless.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Number 6 said:

I think there are horrors in China we will never see. I'm not at all impressed with the US response. It paled in comparison to Korea.

The ROK is half of a peninsula, and you may not be aware, but it is barely out of martial law (it still is imo).  They can go to war footing in an instant and can clamp down on everything including civil rights.

If you want to correctly judge the US, compare it with something similar like the whole of Europe, not just a component country.  If you compare continent to continent, Europe's rate of infection, total infected and total deaths far exceed the US.  Will infections continue to grow in the US?  -You bet, but by the time this is over, there will be far fewer deaths than on the continent of Europe.