Leading Thai doctor tells the public: STAY HOME, fears there could be 350,000 COVID-19 cases

webfact

17 minutes ago, stouricks said:

Do you not mean if Thais (no apostrophe) and farangs DO ADHERE to the lockdown, there will be fewer drivers, cars etc.

Who is the moron now.

That´s right. Give him a dose of his own medicine.

Just now, phantomfiddler said:

But everyone cannot stay at home all the time, at some point someone has to realize this "cure" is worse than the disease !

It's NOT a cure, the idea is to slow down the infection rate, in order for the hospital/health services to cope.

15 hours ago, Lodestone said:

Hmmm. If I start with today's (Mar 24) number of 827 infections and increase it daily by 20%, on Apr 15 I get 827*(1.2)^22 = 45,655.k

Edit: 439.61*(1.2)^22 = 24,269. So how's he calculating this?

I like your first work up because that's about what I got from the solution to the differential equation dy/dt =ky: y(t) =y(0)e^kt. Then with k=.118 that I previously calculated  y(85) = 2e^.118(85) = 45394 cases on April 15. From the 2 cases on Jan 21. 

19 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

The problem is that all countries are now ruled by incompetent oligarchs who didnt have to sit through maths class when we learnt exponential change ????

Dr. Campbell said on the pod last night the Ro # is around 2.5 so far (countries vary) -  one covid carrier will infect 2.5 people, don't have to be a mathematician to figure out we're in trouble especially with social distancing being so hit and miss among people..

• Like 1

On 3/24/2020 at 10:18 AM, BobbyL said:

It keeps being urged, but it isn't being implemented.

Thailand has had the luxury of a very slow increase in cases from late Jan - now, yet have done nothing to prepare for this inevitable rise. The rules won't be followed without proper enforcement, however most things of any real importance in Thailand aren't properly enforced. 

The state of emergency will change all that. I have been here for several and they don't mess around.

Stay home.

Rooster

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1