late for 90 day?

i got a married extension on dec 27th 2019 and so i thought my 90 day extension was due yesterday but i know there is a 7 day grace period so i didn't panic.

i just went to an agent today where i live because the imagination office is on another island, he noticed that my last 90 day report says my next 90 day report is due 25th feb, so 1 month ago.

but i'm pretty sure i was told when i got my 1 year extension that is was 90 days from my 1 year extension.

can anyone clarify? i guess its kinda academic anyhow since its going to be up to the immigration officer i see when i go tomorrow anyhow, but just curious if anyone knows the rules, does getting the extension count as a 90 day report?

thanks

8 hours ago, steve2112 said:

but i'm pretty sure i was told when i got my 1 year extension that is was 90 days from my 1 year extension.

The 90 days usually starts from the date you apply for the extension, not the date the extension starts.

14 minutes ago, elviajero said:

The 90 days usually starts from the date you apply for the extension, not the date the extension starts.

Only the first extension of stay application is considered as a 90 day report. After that they do no count as a 90 day report unless the officer does a new report and puts a receipt for the report in your passport.

• Like 1

Yes, I did this one time, 20 years ago. Visa renewal does not reset the pnd90. 

I did not understand the rules because the English instructions were sketchy back then, no excuse, 2000 baht fine and a red stamp in the passport. 

Not a big deal.

You risk a B5,000 fine if your passport is checked by police say during a roadblock spot-check and found to have exceeded the 90 day limit. Within Immigration it's B2,000 - I have paid B1,000 before when asked if I or my company would pay and I answered I would.

Also, there's nothing funnier than watching an idiot argue with immigration that they shouldn't have to pay because they were ignorant of the law...

3 minutes ago, PiAnt said:

You risk a B5,000 fine if your passport is checked by police say during a roadblock spot-check and found to have exceeded the 90 day limit.

They don't check for that. I have never even had my passport requested at a road block. 

• Like 1

Maybe other posters will torch me for this, but since you are already late and the 2.000 THB fine stays same whether your are 2 days late or 9 months, why bother to visit your local IO now for this in the current times?  Just wait till the virus-situation has cleared up and then pay your local IO a visit to regularize it.

• Like 1

Bring the Mrs with for sweet talking the migration officers to reduce the fine to 1k. I did the same mistake as you and my lady managed to get them to reduce the fine down to 1k.

If you go alone it's nearly guaranteed you get the 2k fine as most do. 

There's another pitfall too.  The duty to report your address form.  I think it's practice may be up in the air a bit now but essentially you're obliged to report your return to the country for each overseas trip you do and that you still reside at that address. Amazingly it runs separately from the 90 days requirement and from your visa. 

So technically if you made an overseas shopping trip last year to Singapore and came back a couple of days later and you have dutifully reported 90 days and you have a valid 1 year visa, 

you're still a criminal illegal alien as you didn't fill out the blue duty to report address form. 

I'm not certain what the ramifications are, I'm assuming it's decapitation or worse.

(for the higher ups monitoring this Forum: this is not to be seen as criticism and I agree it's an appropriate level of punishment thank you very much).

Edited by WhereIsMyRyeBread

3 minutes ago, WhereIsMyRyeBread said:

There's another pitfall too.  The duty to report your address form.  I think it's practice may be up in the air a bit now but essentially you're obliged to report your return to the country for each overseas trip you do and that you're still reside at that address. Amazingly it runs separately from the 90 days requirement and from your visa. 

So technically if you made an overseas shopping trip last year to Singapore and came back a couple of days later and you have dutifully reported 90 days and you have a valid 1 year visa, 

you're still a criminal illegal alien as you didn't fill out the blue duty to report address form.

Not sure what you are talking about here.

When re-entering Thailand you have to fill-in a TM-6 arrival/departure card, so Immigration officials know that you are in the country.

After that it is up to the owner/possessor of the place where you are staying to report within 24 hours of arrival to the local IO that a foreigner is staying at their premisses (TM-30).

Obviously if you are staying at a friend's place or your girlfriends house or you are the owner of the place where you are staying, it's up to your friend / your girlfriend / yourself to file the TM-30.  This can be done in person at your local IO, by mail, or - easiest - on-line.