Lopburi gold shop outrage: School director shooter admits everything in court

webfact

Lopburi gold shop outrage: School director shooter admits everything in court

8pm.jpg

The primary school director in Lopburi who murdered three people during a gold shop heist has appeared in court. 

The vicious nature of the crime in which a two year old toddler was wantonly murdered shocked Thailand in January.

Prasitchai Khaokaew, 38 or "Golf" admitted all charges against him in court. 

These included the murder of three people comprising a security man at Robinson's, the toddler and a staff member of the Aurora gold shop. 

Prasitchai was further charged with attempted murder of four people who were seriously wounded, robbery committed at night and weapons offences. 

He had used a 9mm automatic with silencer in commission of the robbery that netted him 664,470 baht's worth of gold in one baht and half baht weights. 

The hearing at the Ratchada central court in Bangkok was for evidence gathering. Other aspects of the case including witness statements and civil damage proceedings will take place on April 1st and between April 13th and 17th.

Daily News reported that by admitting everything the defendant hoped to get a reduced sentence. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-03-24

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

So he pleads guilty, penalty is death, so maybe they will only half kill him.

Barsteward deserves a very slow painful death.

I believe that by pleading guilty, he automatically avoids a death penalty.

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

So he pleads guilty, penalty is death, so maybe they will only half kill him.

Barsteward deserves a very slow painful death.

I'm thinking that murdering a toddler will get him the death sentence, even though he confessed.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I'm thinking that murdering a toddler will get him the death sentence, even though he confessed.

I agree with you, also this case outraged the public and the authorities would not want to upset them further by showing any leniency. He may well escape the death sentence for several years, then be quietly removed.

Rooster