60 Days Extension - Visa O (for Kids, not marriage)

Hi,

my Non-Immigrant Visa "O" (for my kids thai nationality , not marriage with my thai "wife")

expires on 8.4.2020 , normally i would make a border bounce to get an extending of 3 more
months. But cant because all borders are closed.

After hours of reading i saw that it might be possible to extend for 60 days in immigration after the  90 days.

My Questions:

1. is this true, can i get 60 more days at immigration office, after every 90 days?

2. what papers or fomulars do i need

Thank you very much for your help

Yes

See: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_24

If married you can do it to visit your wife or your child. Whichever one you use must be with you when you apply.

You use a TM7 extension application form.

You will need your marriage certificate or their birth certificate. Copies of house book registry and ID card (fir child if old enough to have one).

The fee is 1900 baht.

• Thanks 1

1. Yes. You can extend by 60 days, once per entry, to visit your child or wife.

2. It’s best to ask at your local office for a list of exactly what they require. Your child/or wife will need to be with you when you apply. This is a general list;

• Original birth or marriage certificate plus signed copy.
  • Signed copies of wife's ID and Tabien Baan.
  • Signed copy of child’s Tabien Baan.
  • Signed copies of your passport pages: ID page, visa, entry stamp, departure card.
  • 1 x photo 6 x 4.
  • Maybe they will want form TM30. This is the form used by the Owner/House-master to report that you are staying with them.
  • 1,900 baht.
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Samui875 said:

EDIT:

Is it possible to avoid border bounces and Visa runs?

Can i apply for Non immigrant "O" Visa single entry at the immigration
in thailand?

No. You already have a Non O visa so they won't issue a new one. Your only options are to extend your stay by 60 days or by 1 year.

19 minutes ago, Samui875 said:

and to extend by 1 year i have to leave the country right?

or how can i extend to 1 year?

thank you

No need to leave the country to apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage or for being the parent of a Thai.

You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht income.

• Thanks 2

I have just read your text at least 20 times and I still can't believe it.
My kids are 6 and 8 and I'm doing Visa Runs/Bounces for about 10 years
every 3 months. That was never necessary??

OK, to get it 100% correct. And really, thank you very much for all the help!

Here my Situation:

- At the moment I have a Non-Immig. "O"
- Its Valid till 20.4.2020.
- My last Boarder Bounce was at 10.1.2020.
- Passport and TM6 Stamp is valid till 8.4.2020.
- Normally i would do a Boarder Bounce and get 3 months on top.

Now I can apply for a one-year extension of stay based upon for being the parent of a Thai.

Request Papers:

- TM7 extension application form 1 year?
- original birth certificate + singed copy from the Mother
- ID card copies Mother + singed
- Tabien Bann Kid and Mother + singed
- Signed copies of your passport pages: ID page, visa, entry stamp, departure card.
1 x photo 6 x 4.
- 400k Thb at bank
- 1900 THB

Is that correct?

12 minutes ago, Samui875 said:

I have just read your text at least 20 times and I still can't believe it.
My kids are 6 and 8 and I'm doing Visa Runs/Bounces for about 10 years
every 3 months. That was never necessary??

OK, to get it 100% correct. And really, thank you very much for all the help!

Here my Situation:

- At the moment I have a Non-Immig. "O"
- Its Valid till 20.4.2020.
- My last Boarder Bounce was at 10.1.2020.
- Passport and TM6 Stamp is valid till 8.4.2020.
- Normally i would do a Boarder Bounce and get 3 months on top.

Now I can apply for a one-year extension of stay based upon for being the parent of a Thai.

Request Papers:

- TM7 extension application form 1 year?
- original birth certificate + singed copy from the Mother
- ID card copies Mother + singed
- Tabien Bann Kid and Mother + singed
- Signed copies of your passport pages: ID page, visa, entry stamp, departure card.
1 x photo 6 x 4.
- 400k Thb at bank
- 1900 THB

Is that correct?

I dont think its easy as the marriage one, i think you have to be legitamized as the farther of the child, which takes a long time to sort out. Unless its all changed.

7 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

I dont think its easy as the marriage one, i think you have to be legitamized as the farther of the child, which takes a long time to sort out. Unless its all changed.

If the kid is old enough to be interviewed and if the mother complies it is simple to do at the registry office. Took us an afteroon.

I have a multiple non o based on marriage from Laos and the 90 day period was in 2 weeks , so I attended immigration and applied for an extension and received it with the usual 1900 baht fee , I also applied for a 1 year extension based on marriage and met all the requirements and also had them visit the house the following day , what are the official fees applied to the 1 year extension?

11 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

1900 baht.

Looks like I may have contributed to the immigration policeman’s ball . Paid 1900 with receipt thinking it was for the 30 day extension but looking in the passport it lists under consideration which would be for the 1 year extension , I handed over 6000 thb , I knew there would be a bit of a thank you but 4100 ????? Bit much but so be it at this trying time , 

And yes I know I am ! 

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, PST said:

I believe if the child was born out of wedlock, then yes, if applying for a 60 extension based on child, not wife, you would need to be legitimized as the father.

That is not required to get a 60 day extension to visit a Thai child. It is only required to apply for a one year extension.

4 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is not required to get a 60 day extension to visit a Thai child. It is only required to apply for a one year extension.

Thanks UJ, i was unaware of that. 

On 3/25/2020 at 8:10 PM, PST said:

I believe if the child was born out of wedlock, then yes, if applying for a 60 extension based on child, not wife, you would need to be legitimized as the father.

On 3/25/2020 at 7:35 PM, jimmjam said:

On 3/25/2020 at 7:45 PM, FruitPudding said:

If the kid is old enough to be interviewed and if the mother complies it is simple to do at the registry office. Took us an afteroon.

It's just about as easy as the marriage one.  And in my case (and some others I've talked to), no legitimization was necessary.  At least for the 60 day one.

In my case the local immigration office requested some letter from the school showing my name (in English), mother's name, and everything else was in Thai.  And I believe this was because he was over 7 years old, but without an ID card.     I was concerned that school was out during this Corona virus, and what could have been a country-wide lockdown. Turns out the teacher was contacted by the mother that day and the letter was ready the same day or the next day.  

Mother was not present for the immigration interview.  But my son was.  And it was 1 minute interview.  He was asked if he could speak Thai, what school he went to, and what grade he was in.   Everyone smiled and then I completed the application.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

It's just about as easy as the marriage one.  And in my case (and some others I've talked to), no legitimization was necessary.  At least for the 60 day one.

In my case the local immigration office requested some letter from the school showing my name (in English), mother's name, and everything else was in Thai.  And I believe this was because he was over 7 years old, but without an ID card.     I was concerned that school was out during this Corona virus, and what could have been a country-wide lockdown. Turns out the teacher was contacted by the mother that day and the letter was ready the same day or the next day.  

Mother was not present for the immigration interview.  But my son was.  And it was 1 minute interview.  He was asked if he could speak Thai, what school he went to, and what grade he was in.   Everyone smiled and then I completed the application.

Thats a new one asking for a letter from school, where was this?

14 minutes ago, jimmjam said:

Thats a new one asking for a letter from school, where was this?

local requirement in Chumphon office.  the question before this request was "Does he have ID card".   Not every office will ask for it.   And maybe another person may go to the same office and this is not needed.   Go to the thread for more info:  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

local requirement in Chumphon office.  the question before this request was "Does he have ID card".   Not every office will ask for it.   And maybe another person may go to the same office and this is not needed.   Go to the thread for more info:  

Ive never been asked, maybe because of my kids age he is 4 years old. 

Will probably be asked when he gets older.

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
On 3/26/2020 at 1:35 AM, jimmjam said:

My friend had to submit a DNA test to prove he was father of child even though he had birth certificate, child was born in NZ, and he has 3 kids to her, but not married