travel between Thai provinces : what about quarantine?

fvw53

I live in a condominium in Pathum Thani

We have renovation works going on in one of our condo units with workers coming every day from other provinces (probably Bangkok)

Can they move freely or does the 14 day quarantine only apply to people entering from another country?

I do not know the rule.

My gf's niece (Thai) just flew from Bangkok yesterday to Chiang Mai.

She was told at BKK and when arriving at CM, that she needed to self quarantine for 14 days.

They wanted details of her location and told her there was a possibility they would check.

If your guys are driving they could probably get by.  But, it could be anyone from BKK should be quarantine.

It would be doubtful, if travel restrictions are implemented domestically, that they would be able to commute. Most such restrictions only exempt "essential" travel, such as hospital / doctor visits. 

It's seems pretty likely that there will be roadblocks / checkpoints, like back in 2014. One might be able to avoid them. But, will your workers be willing to give it a go?

The OP confuses me.

The is no curfew, quarantine for all (yet)?
Or did I miss something? Bangkok locked up (no in/out)?

Still free movement within the country (might change after state of emergency comes into effect on 26 March).

Quarantine is for travelers from certain countries and those found to have symptoms or even having been confirmed infected.

And even with the state of emergency I hope they won't shutdown the whole country.

27 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

The OP confuses me.

The is no curfew, quarantine for all (yet)?
Or did I miss something? Bangkok locked up (no in/out)?

Still free movement within the country (might change after state of emergency comes into effect on 26 March).

Quarantine is for travelers from certain countries and those found to have symptoms or even having been confirmed infected.

And even with the state of emergency I hope they won't shutdown the whole country.

Afaik people who travel from Bangkok to somewhere else have to self quarantine for 14 days.

Probably they don't have checkpoints at every street to track the people.