Airlines still offering flights from Thailand to the UK as of 24 March

Airlines still offering flights from Thailand to the UK as of 24 March

plane.jpg.47c988fa95fb0112653f52d2db19c7

The British Embassy in Bangkok has released details on airlines still offering flights from Thailand to the UK as of 17:30 24 March 2020.

An announcement made on the UK in Thailand Facebook page read:

As of 24 March, the following airlines still offer flights from Thailand to the UK. As the situation changes very rapidly, please confirm the status of your flight with the airline.

British tourists and short-stay travellers should return to the UK now while flights are still available.

Airlines with direct flights to the UK:

Thai Airways
Fully booked but passengers can wait as stand-by at the airport as seats usually become available in the last minute. To stand by, please contact Row J18-J19 check in desks at the airport. Thai Airways will cancel all flights to Europe ‪from 1 April‬.
www.thaiairways.com/
Contact number: ‪‪+66 2-356-1111‬, ‪‫‪+66 2-356-1122‬‬, ‪‫‪+66‬‬ ‪2-137-4605‬

EVA Air
Flights are reduced to 2-3 flights per week ‪from 24 March to 3 May.‬ Some seats are still available on 27 and ‪29 March‬.
www.evaair.com
Contact numbers: ‪‪+66 2-302-7288‬, ‪‫‪+66 2-134-2521-5‬‬

British Airways
Last flight will be on 29th March‬.
www.britishairways.com
Contact numbers: ‪‫‪+66 2-1342201-8‬‬

Airlines with non-direct flights to the UK:

Finnair
The last flight from Bangkok to Helsinki will be ‪on 1 April 2020‬. Some flights from Helsinki to London or Manchester will be reduced.
www.finnair.com
Contact number: ‪‫‪+66 2 134 2431-2‬‬

Oman
www.omanair.com
Contact numbers: ‪‫‪+66 2-6351222‬‬

Qatar Airways
Some flights from Bangkok to Doha will be reduced, which will impact the connecting flights from Doha to the UK.
www.qatarairways.com
Contact numbers: ‪‪+66 2-1341021-23‬, ‪‫‪+66 2-6180499‬‬, ‪‫‪+66‬‬ ‪2-134-3517-8‬

Emirates
Emirates will temporarily suspend all passenger services for two weeks starting ‪from 25 March 2020‬.
www.emirates.com
Contact numbers: ‪‪+66 2-6641040‬, ‪‫‪+66 2-6641045‬‬

Etihad
️Etihad will temporarily suspend all flights for an initial 2 weeks ‪from Wednesday 25 March‬.
www.etihadairways.com
Contact numbers: ‪‪+66 2-2530099‬, ‪‫‪+66 2-3054800‬‬, ‪‫‪+66‬‬ ‪2-787-3377‬

We will continue to update our #TravelAdvice for #Thailand. Check our page https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand/ regularly and sign-up to email alerts.

The telephone numbers indicated for EMIRATES are incorrect. The number to call (and call, and call, and call!) Is 02 787 3387. Good luck with that I got through only one in fifty odd attempts and was told to call later.

My Dubai to London flight with Emirates on 01 April is still confirmed but the connecting flight BKK to DXB is suspended. Presumably they intend to run only one or two of the usual four daily flights and get all pax onto those. Problem is that rebookings cannot be done on-line only via the BKK office!

Still looking good for anyone needing to go to/from Southern Germany/Switzerland.

Although Thai Airways has cancelled most flights to Europe from April 1st, according to Reuters:

"Flights to Munich and Zurich were not cancelled."

But I've got a feeling that all those seats are probably "taken".

????

Edited by Enoon

Unable to contact Emirates by phone, I checked (again) my booked flights on the Emirates website to find that Flight EK 377 BKK to DXB on 01 APR 20 (which was shown last two days as 'suspended' has now been reinstated but former seat booking (paid for) have been deleted. Looks like they may have changed the aircraft type and it's first come first served at check-in as far as seats go!

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Unable to contact Emirates by phone, I checked (again) my booked flights on the Emirates website to find that Flight EK 377 BKK to DXB on 01 APR 20 (which was shown last two days as 'suspended' has now been reinstated but former seat booking (paid for) have been deleted. Looks like they may have changed the aircraft type and it's first come first served at check-in as far as seats go!

I am on the same flight was booked on a later one but looks like they have rebooked me on that flight thanks for the info and fingers crossed 

Unless they're some sort of "rescue" flights, the info above is at odds with Emirates' own website where it states all flights are cancelled as of today.

ETA.  The suspension extends until 23:59 local time on 9th April.

Edited by treetops

1 hour ago, treetops said:

Unless they're some sort of "rescue" flights, the info above is at odds with Emirates' own website where it states all flights are cancelled as of today.

ETA.  The suspension extends until 23:59 local time on 9th April.

Yes think your right gutted