Immigration, TCSD offices keep visitors one metre apart

snoop1130

Immigration, TCSD offices keep visitors one metre apart

By The Nation

800_1a052df9f072da8.png

Immigration Division 1 and the Technology Crime Suppression Division (TCSD) have used the social distancing measure to keep people at least one metre apart who arrived at their offices at the Government Complex Commemorating His Majesty in Bangkok today (March 24).

The move is a part of key measures issued by the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration and the Public Health Ministry to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

At the Immigration Division 1 office on the second floor of Building B, immigration police separated seats by one metre for foreigners extending their temporary stay permits in the kingdom.

With foreigners being required to present themselves at the office and notify immigration staff of their place of residence every 90 days, hundreds to thousands of foreigners arrive each day.

Meanwhile, the TCSD office on the fourth floor of Building B, which dozens of people visit each day to report offences dealing with the use of technology such as romance scams or websites with inappropriate content, also separated visitors according to the rule to prevent the coronavirus from spreading.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384751

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-24

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

So they re-arranged the outside seating at CW...

How about the applicant queues both outside and inside the Immigration Office, and the seating areas inside the CW Immigration Office?

Or are they just re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic?

In the OP photo shown here, I see a long queue with lots of no social distancing occurring.

I was about to post the same. Plenty of seats with two people seated together as well.

But this isnt just happening in Thailand and at least they've made an effort.

17 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Regarding re-arranging the deck chairs on the Thai-tanic:

The way I see it, it's not just staying a metre or whatever apart, but the fact one person will touch/sit where someone has already been and that's how the virus is passed on, especially plastic surfaces.

is there someone disinfecting each seat, etc. before the next possible 'victim' comes into contact with it?

Probably not.

I think the medical community still has a lot to learn about how exactly the CV is spread and what methods are the most prevalent.

But AFAIK, the current thinking is generally that airborne transmission via coughing, sneezing and even breathing from others nearby is likely more common than surface transmission. You can sit your butt on a chair that has CV material on it, but as long as you don't then rub your butt and then rub your eyes or pick your nose prior to cleaning your hands, you'll probably be OK!

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I think the medical community still has a lot to learn about how exactly the CV is spread and what methods are the most prevalent.

But AFAIK, the current thinking is generally that airborne transmission via coughing, sneezing and even breathing from others nearby is likely more common than surface transmission. You can sit your butt on a chair that has CV material on it, but as long as you don't then rub your butt and then rub your eyes or pick your nose prior to cleaning your hands, you'll probably be OK!

I'm not sure which is seen as the most common way of transmission.

This is part of a post I made recently:

'Face masks' are of very little use. Surgical (cloth) masks were designed over a hundred years ago for use by surgeons in operating theatres to stop their own saliva, mucus, etc., infecting the patients they were operating on. They were never designed to prevent wearers contracting an airborne infection.

From the WHO video I saw a few days ago, they said the same thing: If you have Covid-19, wearing one will reduce the chance of you infecting someone else.

The way I see it is sitting on chair you only need to touch it with your hand while you're sitting there to catch any possible infection, perhaps it might have arm rests you inadvertently touch - then if you touch your face before washing you hands. That's the weak link that most locals don't seem to see.

Having said that, I read an article about bank staff wiping the door handle to the bank entrance after someone had touched it. That's encouraging.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

The way I see it is sitting on chair you only need to touch it with your hand while you're sitting there to catch any possible infection, perhaps it might have arm rests you inadvertently touch - then if you touch your face before washing you hands. That's the weak link that most locals don't seem to see.

You can't catch the CV virus merely by surface to normal skin contact. It has to be some vulnerable surface that the virus can penetrate either thru direct contact or secondary contact, such as mucous in the nose, respiratory system, eyes, etc.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

You can't catch the CV virus merely by surface to normal skin contact. It has to be some vulnerable surface that the virus can penetrate either thru direct contact or secondary contact, such as mucous in the nose, respiratory system, eyes, etc.

Very true.

The thing is if you have the virus on your hand, for example, it only takes touching your face, or even removing/adjusting a face mask - if you do it before washing your hands thoroughly.

That's why I said it's the weak link that locals don't realise.

• Like 1

Interestingly there's a link here regarding masks and respirators, and  the better ones to wear:

https://fastlifehacks.com/n95-vs-ffp/

I notice it says about masks: "Designed for one way protection, to capture bodily fluid leaving the wearer", and "Contrary to belief, masks are NOT designed to protect the wearer".

Edited by bluesofa
  • Thanks 2

Pigs packed into trucks on their way to slaughter and foreigners at Thai immigration are pretty much the same.  Provide inadequate seating if any at all, pack them into small spaces, make them stand in cramped quarters for long periods of time, and don't be too concerned about them if they have communicable disease or are otherwise suffering: they are just pigs and just foreigners.  And both should not be kept around any longer then 6 months. 

Meanwhile: All good Thai citizens stay at home and prevent the spread of Covid-19.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Interestingly there's a link here regarding masks and respirators, and  the better ones to wear:

https://fastlifehacks.com/n95-vs-ffp/

I notice it says about masks: "Designed for one way protection, to capture bodily fluid leaving the wearer", and "Contrary to belief, masks are NOT designed to protect the wearer".

If that's the case then 3M is telling a porkie about their N95 and N99 masks.
But I get what you're saying. ????

• Thanks 2

unbelievable we the dirty farangs do not seem to have to self isolate and have to DANCE like a circus dog / bear to the orders of immigration

who knows if this is part of the plan

it is BLAME THE FARANG after all

Edited by justin case
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, DeeMak9 said:

Just let people skip the 90 days with no fine for once...

But, 2,000฿ fine for not doing 90 day.  This is Thailand. Money comes before health. Always has done

We live in the 21st century !!!! Has any one heard of computers?? We have the computer ability to supply Imm with all the information they need. No CV, No social spacing, no hand sanitizer and most importantly no chance of infecting the IOs and their families by proxy. This is an absolute no brainer that will let us comply with our prim minister order of self isolation.

• Like 1