Just one report - Revenue Department

new2here

I just wanted to share one experience. I had to file my 2019 Thai taxes (my employers HR office has been asking me for my proof of filing for a while now), but I was a little apprehensive about going out to my local revenue office in today’s health climate- so I called to ask about this.

I first spoke to a Thai lady (probably a receptionist) who was super nice and helpful. She totally understood my not wanting to go out and she said that her office is reducing their office staffing and limiting visitors as well.

she connected me to another lady who, like the first, was super helpful. She walked me through filing online myself. I took a photo of my paperwork and sent it to her, and she told me what to fill in and where on the online form.

i was all done in about 10 minutes and she also said that she would mail a copy of my completed tax filing, properly stamped by revenue, to my employer so I didn’t have to come to the office... and she told me I’ll get some kind of a “notice” about my refund and that I could get it at any Krungthai bank branch. If I had any problems, I could call her back.

all in all, my experience was great.  While no one likes to pay taxes, the two ladies I spoke with today made the experience super easy and fast. I can’t thank them enough.

• Like 1