AWC temporarily shuts five major hotels

webfact

AWC temporarily shuts five major hotels

By THE NATION

800_8781b2801940423.png?v=1585035268

Integrated lifestyle real-estate group Asset World Corp (AWC) has decided to temporarily close five affiliated hotels in Bangkok – Bangkok Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park Hotel, DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok Hotel, Le Meridien Bangkok Hotel, The Okura Prestige Hotel Bangkok and Bangkok Marriott Hotel The Surawongse from March 26 to April 15 in an attempt to keep Covid-19 from spreading, the group said.

This would help to create social distancing and minimise the movement of thousands of employees, while also preventing large gatherings on hotel premises, AWC added.

CEO and president Wallapa Traisorat said the closures are part of an attempt to ensure the wellbeing of thousands of employees and of the wider public.

“More than 2,000 employees will continue to receive salaries during the closure, with the company requiring all employees to stay at home and refrain from travelling to other provinces in order to prevent the spread of Covid-19 according to the government’s policy,” Wallapa said.

“All five hotels will proceed with an improvement plan and major cleaning of all areas during the temporary closure to ensure the health and wellbeing of all our guests, employees, visitors and other parties when the hotels reopen,” Wallapa added.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384729

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-25

54 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

The government need to appropriate these buildings and convert them into field hospitals - beds are already there and people can be kept in isolation in separate rooms.

I think i got a fever... can i sign up for a high-floor room at Okura Prestige or the Hilton?

Just let room service leave the food at the door and knock 3 times.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, JackGats said:

I think they're just cutting costs and passing it as an altruistic move.

How are you cutting costs by paying all the staff to stay at home?

“More than 2,000 employees will continue to receive salaries during the closure, with the company requiring all employees to stay at home and refrain from travelling to other provinces in order to prevent the spread of Covid-19 according to the government’s policy,” Wallapa said.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

This action is to be applauded. Well done AWC.

Agreed.

15 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

The government need to appropriate these buildings and convert them into field hospitals - beds are already there and people can be kept in isolation in separate rooms.

My kids in a Chinese 5 star (meaning a western 3 star) hotel in Shanghai right now, with room service and a Japanese toilet, just working remotely and waiting out her 14 days till she can go back to her apartment, where she probably forgot to take out the garbage when she left in January