30 day visa extension notice

A translation of the new initiative sent to Immigration offices, with regard to granting visa extensions, appeared on here recently. As we are in Thailand with our non imm. O visa expiring on 4th April and our flight back to the UK scheduled for 2nd May (we were unable to do the planned border run for obvious reasons) we visited Hua Hin Immigration Office. Asking for the extension they point blank refused to consider an extension without an Embassy letter, despite being shown the mentioned instruction. We have requested one from the Embassy but the don’t appear to be busting a gut to issue one. I guess our only solution is to overstay and pay the fine when we leave.

we have been visiting Thailand for our 4 month stay every year for many years and we spend around £10,000 each year. I guess Thailand doesn’t want our

• Like 1

Just now, retayl said:

I guess Thailand doesn’t want our money and I’m not sure I want to spend it here in future.

It isn't about money anymore.... you could spend some and get on a plane home before there aren't any more flights. 

Your choice, see if the embassy gets the required letter to you, or look for a flight. 

You have to request your 30 day extension under number 2 of the order since you entered the country on a non-o visa that requires a letter from the embassy since it under clause 2.28 of the police order.

Have you requested the letter according the instructions here on the embassy website. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand#covid-19-visa-extension-applications--support-letter

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You have to request your 30 day extension under number 2 of the order since you entered the country on a non-o visa that requires a letter from the embassy since it under clause 2.28 of the police order.

Have you requested the letter according the instructions here on the embassy website. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand#covid-19-visa-extension-applications--support-letter

As always Joe thanks for that clarification. Potential problem may be that Embassy require proof of flight cancellation as part of the package of documents requested. As borders closed/flights cancelled before we could book the the flights we are unable to provide. Explained that, and now waiting for a response. To be honest we are comfortable staying here at the moment, and family advising us to stay. UK appears to be going to hell in a handcart at the moment.

28 minutes ago, retayl said:

Potential problem may be that Embassy require proof of flight cancellation as part of the package of documents requested.

They have already removed that from the list. Click the link I posted and you will see it is gone.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They have already removed that from the list. Click the link I posted and you will see it is gone.

I don't want to confuse things even more, but the link as you posted the update still refers to "tourist visa". Is there anywhere any suggestion they do actually mean all visas? (OP is on a non-imm).

This looks like the Brit embassy's own internal c*kup, as if we needed any more.

3 minutes ago, spinner2020 said:

I don't want to confuse things even more, but the link as you posted the update still refers to "tourist visa". Is there anywhere any suggestion they do actually mean all visas? (OP is on a non-imm).

This looks like the Brit embassy's own internal c*kup, as if we needed any more.

He did not mention a concern about what it says about tourist visas.

According to the memorandum it is not needed for tourist visa or visa exempt entries.

For a non-o the letter is certainly required because it falls under a different clause of the police order.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spinner2020 said:

Do not ever, under any circumstances, question the words of Ubonjoe because he is,          well.     He is The Man.5555

• Like 2