Update for Aussie Expats about Covid19 in Australia

AussieBob18

As of midnight tonight (25th March) all businesses that provide services whereby people are necessarily closer than 1.5 metres have been told to close.

What will still be allowed to open are: Supermarkets (including convenience stores), Pharmacies, Banks, Petrol stations, Freight and logistics, Food delivery, Bottle shops (I laughed at that one too).

All non-essential operations and treatments in Hospitals have been cancelled - already all bars, clubs, etc have been closed. 

The Government is looking at imposing further restrictions on movements - not yet locking people at home - hopefully not needed.

We went to vote today (local election - early votes) and we were all sheppered around and were kept 1.5 metres apart. 

The golf course is still open - but unless married, 2 people cannot play together in the same cart, and all others must keep 1.5 metres apart if walking.

Most shops in the local Mall open today (not tommorow) - everyone keeping 'social distance' - no toilet paper, napkins or tissues - not many canned foods - plenty of fruit and vegies and meats.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-25/what-is-open-or-closed-in-australia-now-because-of-coronavirus/12087894

https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novel-coronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert

https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/affected-coronavirus-covid-19 

This link includes information if you are unable to return to Australia as planned.

I have no intention of returning to Australia at present, I think I am safer here in Thailand by observing basic precautions. IMO I won't have same uncertainty of food and basic necessity supply.

ScoMo  put Jesus at the wheel. Churches open. Schools open. Social distancing in creches? Utter stupidity. Now it's too little, too late.

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I have no intention of returning to Australia at present, I think I am safer here in Thailand by observing basic precautions. IMO I won't have same uncertainty of food and basic necessity supply.

ScoMo  put Jesus at the wheel. Churches open. Schools open. Social distancing in creches? Utter stupidity. Now it's too little, too late.

I would not be surprised if schools and churches and similar places are not closed by the weekend.

1 minute ago, AussieBob18 said:

I would not be surprised if schools and churches and similar places are not closed by the weekend.

It does mention closing places of worship. However, said virus distribution centres were kept open because ScoMo thought praying would help.

• Like 1