Thailand closes borders to foreigners

Jonathan Fairfield

5 minutes ago, Antonymous said:

What are you talking about?

There is evidence that influenza vaccines specifically increase the risk of coronavirus infection. The reference* is given in the article and is definitely not old.

*Wolff GG. Influenza Vaccination and Respiratory Virus Interference Among Department of Defense Personnel During the 2017-2018 Influenza Season. Vaccine 2020;38 (2):350-354.

Also the website is replete with free resources. "For the past thirty-five years, I have been compiling a massive database of original scientific studies from the medical literature ... It is from this constantly expanding database that I have created these free resources."

"There is evidence that influenza vaccines specifically increase the risk of coronavirus infection."

Really? How can people like you believe all the c**p you're reading? I know what you can do with your "database" if you run out of toilet paper. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Max I am an American and I am scared Sh..le.., All people scare themselves as they sit back and and look at the big picture.....that picture is of things that are unknown, and fear of the unknown is why people become scared.  Time people just sat back and relaxed....

At least you are in Thailand and not beached in the US like I am.  This place is a garbage heap.  You'll be getting your $1200 Trumpbuxx check too presumably which goes a lot further there.

2 hours ago, WhereIsMyRyeBread said:

We all rinse the produce under the tap but then we're told only soap or sanitizer kills the virus. hmm.

So does it mean I should shampoo my lettuce head, anyone..?

Makes you wonder eh ! People get Salmonella , E. coli, and Listeria from fresh produce all the time.

As we are told the virus can live up to 12 hours (or more) outside of a host (on metallic surfaces and such) I'm sure it could survive just as long on some produce someone sneezed on or handled with their dirty hands.

This doesnt make sense. Yesterday I recieved a text from the Foreign Ministry of Denmark saying that from March 26 to March 31, Thailand would not require Corona Tests presented, but a "Fit to fly" document should be signed by the Doctor.

3 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

In my opinion Thailand has played a big part in the spread of this virus when they continued to allow the Chinese to come to Thailand when it was only a problem in China, Thailand then became a melting pot for the spread of the virus around the world as tourists from other countries all walked the streets together and although many commented that this was not a good idea there was no warnings issued so people became complacent in their activities. Now it is coming back to bite them for their lack of sensible judgment.

Other countries UK, EU, US, AU, JP all kept their borders opened allowing Chinese to enter during that time. According to your logic, it is only Thailand's fault.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Should have moved all the passengers up to first class and saved the trouble of cleaning toilets and kitchens in the economy section...

Don’t they clean the toilets and kitchen in first class then ???? ???? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sukhumvitneon said:

At least you are in Thailand and not beached in the US like I am.  This place is a garbage heap.  You'll be getting your $1200 Trumpbuxx check too presumably which goes a lot further there.

Sorry to hear of your Dilemma, I will pray that a resolution can be made in the near future which can reunite families that this has torn apart.  I however look at this like families split by war....it may be awhile, and costly

9 hours ago, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

there is panic all over the globe.

the source for this panic is high rank officials in the world health organization.

they took over this crisis and the result is disastrous.

the virus is in thailand since at least january, so why panic now?

if the virus is so deadly, so why thai hospitals are not jammed with sick and dead

people?

because just now the WHO told to all government  : "PANIC ! NOOOOWW!!!"

i can see the same panic all over the world, besides the UK and US who took

the herd immunity approach, and it seems quite succeful.

Definitely alot of sheep panicking, and not thinking things through. And the army is taking advantage of this situation. When they do declare martial law, which appears inevitable at this point, the people will rejoice, and say they are doing it to protect us! Only later will they realize the enormous extent to their errors in judgment. 

The WHO is creating panic. The media is creating panic, and fabulously incompetent administrations like we have here, and in the US are creating panic with policies that change from day to day, and no coherent plans to deal with either the infections or the millions without income during this crisis. 

The US is having very little success in controlling this. Almost 12,000 new cases yesterday, and they are only now starting large numbers of tests. Hopefully the heat here will help to keep things under control. And now, the ninnies are talking about a 24 hour nationwide lockdown? What can one even say? Many experts say this virus is cyclical, so it is questionable how effective self quarantine is, anyway. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

It's always a hoot when an immigrant to Thailand who feels increasingly unloved by his hosts due to their less generous immigration rules complains about the weak immigration rules that 'forced' him to leave his homeland.

When are you planning going home BTW?

You read this reply, I have said it many times, here on Thaivisa, but for your benefit, I will say it again. Before I decided to stay permanently in Thailand, I spoke to other Farangs who had been here for years.

All I had to do in 2005 was a border run of about 200Ks to Maesot every 90 days, nothing else, no 800.000Bt in a Thai bank.  I did due diligence on my GF, now wife, and bought her house.

Now I have a choice of going to Savakhannet every 15 months for a visa based on marriage, or retirement exts.

Do I not have the right to feel cheated? Can you not understand why I am not prepared to leave my house, wife and her family who have always been good to me and treated me well and leave everything and go home?

So think before you write such rubbish.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Definitely alot of sheep panicking, and not thinking things through. And the army is taking advantage of this situation. When they do declare martial law, which appears inevitable at this point, the people will rejoice, and say they are doing it to protect us! Only later will they realize the enormous extent to their errors in judgment. 

The WHO is creating panic. The media is creating panic, and fabulously incompetent administrations like we have here, and in the US are creating panic with policies that change from day to day, and no coherent plans to deal with either the infections or the millions without income during this crisis. 

The US is having very little success in controlling this. Almost 12,000 new cases yesterday, and they are only now starting large numbers of tests. Hopefully the heat here will help to keep things under control. And now, the ninnies are talking about a 24 hour nationwide lockdown? What can one even say? Many experts say this virus is cyclical, so it is questionable how effective self quarantine is, anyway. 

Who is talking about a 24 hours lockdown? If there will be a curfew, which is possible, we're talking about 7pm-7am. That's Level 1 in the Emergency decree. 

2 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Who is talking about a 24 hours lockdown? If there will be a curfew, which is possible, we're talking about 7pm-7am. That's Level 1 in the Emergency decree. 

Wissanu is pushing a plan to lock down the entire nation.

No curfew has been implemented yet but one is possible, Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-Ngam said in a briefing, adding it could be a 24-hour prohibition with exceptions for essential activities like buying food.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-25/thailand-to-impose-broad-lockdown-to-fight-spread-of-coronavirus

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

You read this reply, I have said it many times, here on Thaivisa, but for your benefit, I will say it again. Before I decided to stay permanently in Thailand, I spoke to other Farangs who had been here for years.

All I had to do in 2005 was a border run of about 200Ks to Maesot every 90 days, nothing else, no 800.000Bt in a Thai bank.  I did due diligence on my GF, now wife, and bought her house.

Now I have a choice of going to Savakhannet every 15 months for a visa based on marriage, or retirement exts.

Do I not have the right to feel cheated? Can you not understand why I am not prepared to leave my house, wife and her family who have always been good to me and treated me well and leave everything and go home?

If I was an immigration officer, my answer would be: Get the correct Visa. Why do you think you have the right to feel cheated? Are you someone special? 400k in the bank for the 1 year extension based on marriage isn't that much money imo. If you're going for 90 days Visa runs, and now can't do it because of the virus, is that really immigrations fault? I don't know what type of visa you're currently on. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Antonymous said:

In your post above you mentioned something that appears to be a common phenomenon:

"I've been getting a flu shot for years. . . I've had the 'normal' flu many times."

I have never had a flu vaccine and haven't had anything like the flu for 20 years and so I'm always interested in this subject. A couple of friends who, like you, get vaccinated every year and get flu in most years always find some excuse as to why.

Now there is evidence that influenza vaccines specifically increase the risk of coronavirus infection due to a phenomenon known as virus interference.

Furthermore, in September 2019, Italy rolled out an entirely new type of influenza vaccine that is different from others. Most available influenza vaccines are produced in embryonated chicken eggs. VIQCC is produced from cultured animal cells rather than eggs and has more of a “boost” to the immune system as a result. VIQCC also contains four types of viruses – 2 type A viruses (H1N1 and H3N2) and 2 type B viruses.2 It looks like this “super” vaccine impacted the immune system in such a way to increase coronavirus infection through virus interference that set the stage for what happened in Italy.

Source:

https://doctormurray.com/does-the-flu-shot-increase-covid-19-risk/

Sorry, I didn't explain better.  The last time i had the flu was in about 2006 before I started taking the flu shots. After turning 60, I have been vaccinated every year. After starting the vaccinations, there have been times when I had brief periods of slight fevers, body aches, sore throat, and headaches -- but never what I would call a full blown case of the flu. I have also taken the 'pneumonia' vaccination that is good for 7 years and the 'shingles' vaccination, too.  As time goes on, I imagine that epidemiologists will have a better understanding of the issue you are talking about. I have also seen the hypothesis that the mortality rate in Italy is so high because the 'true' number of people infected has not been determined. 

I strongly encourage all people in Thailand over the age of 70 to LOCKDOWN and survive!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Wissanu is pushing a plan to lock down the entire nation.

No curfew has been implemented yet but one is possible, Deputy Prime Minister Wissanu Krea-Ngam said in a briefing, adding it could be a 24-hour prohibition with exceptions for essential activities like buying food.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-25/thailand-to-impose-broad-lockdown-to-fight-spread-of-coronavirus

Why not reading Thai news instead of Bloomberg? They will start with Level 1, that includes the 7pm-7am curfew. What will happen after that depends on the numbers of infected and if people, especially Thai people obey the orders about not travelling around the country like madmen. 

18 hours ago, Assurancetourix said:

Eldery people must stay home ..

okay, okay...

But at which age are we old ?

I'm 71 old and when I cycle with my MTBike, a lot of young 40 year olds find it hard to follow me ..

MUST stay home?

I don't think so it's a recommendation.

It also looks to me like there's no curfew, and plane travel......though not recommended ......is OK.

I'm hoping to make a return flight to BKK from CM this weekend only staying in BKK a couple of hours not even leaving DMK. I don't see anything to stop me.

Im 71 also and although I have moderate Parkinson's i don't see that "weakens" my resistance.

Anyone disagree?

(naturally I will mask up etc)

9 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Thanks for the refresher but you missed the thrust of my critique. We all have our crosses to bear for chasing the dream in Thailand and no, right now I can't get a "15 month visa" in Savannakhet due to the incredibly bad timing of events that I have absolutely no control over. Do I feel "cheated"? Do I want someone to 'fix' this for me? Despite my collective 25 years here plus a wife and family, am I really all that special?

Anyway, I was more interested in your earlier view as follows:

12 hours ago, possum1931 said:

In my opinion, both the UK and Thailand will let the Chinese into their country as soon as things are back to normal.

The UK because they allow any nationality in as they have been doing for years, and Thailand because they need them as tourist because they have caused so many Farangs to leave because of immigration issues, so many westerners will not come to Thailand as tourists because of the strong Baht, among other things.

Your view is that the UK easily allows just any nationality in and that you consider this to be detrimental to the UK. The Chinese seem to draw a significant bit of your ire despite the fact the virus is killing as much if not more of 'them than it is of 'us'. I wonder just how many Italians are gasping "Damn those Chinese!" as they expire.

However, you seem to insist without any real justification that Thailand should be a bit more generous when it comes to you... sorry 'us'? Thailand owes you... sorry 'us' what exactly? You appear to have forsaken your homeland and that's neither the fault of Thailand's government or that of successive UK governments.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, epicking said:

This doesnt make sense. Yesterday I recieved a text from the Foreign Ministry of Denmark saying that from March 26 to March 31, Thailand would not require Corona Tests presented, but a "Fit to fly" document should be signed by the Doctor.

That was for leaving Thailand incl. transit in Thai airports up to 24 hours. 

33 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

It doesn't matter if an Olympic swimmer is infected. He will probably recover while an 75 year old lady in northern Italy wont.

Athletics (every type of sport) have a weaker immune system because of all exercise. Their bodies doesn't have time to recover. But other than that, they're in good shape. This is a fact,just Google it. 

Thanks Max duly noted, but everyone has different genetics, and immune system that can either help or hinder ones pre-disposition to contracting any virus

All borders are to be closed to foreigners today 26 March.

I have checked scheduled flight arrivals today and there are many international flights due to arrive.

Am I correct therefore, that all these flights are carrying ONLY Thai citizens and foreigners with work permits, diplomats and pilots?

Surely there is something quite not right here.

4 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

I'm hoping to make a return flight to BKK from CM this weekend only staying in BKK a couple of hours not even leaving DMK.

What kind of essential travel would entail a short r/t flight to DMK, especially if one's not even leaving the airport in Bangkok?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cheeryble said:

MUST stay home?

I don't think so it's a recommendation.

It also looks to me like there's no curfew, and plane travel......though not recommended ......is OK.

I'm hoping to make a return flight to BKK from CM this weekend only staying in BKK a couple of hours not even leaving DMK. I don't see anything to stop me.

Im 71 also and although I have moderate Parkinson's i don't see that "weakens" my resistance.

Anyone disagree?

(naturally I will mask up etc)

The recommendation was that kids up to 5 years of age and elderly people from 75 years of age should stay at home. Just saying. Of course you can leave the country if you can find a flight this week. Some airlines will stop flying from Thailand after this week, some says until March 31. 

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Thanks Max duly noted, but everyone has different genetics, and immune system that can either help or hinder ones pre-disposition to contracting any virus

Healthy people have normally an ok immune system. You brought up the swimmer. If you're already sick and get infected by the Coronavirus, there's a higher risk you won't survive. That's not hard to understand. 

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Thanks for the refresher but you missed the thrust of my critique. We all have our crosses to bear for chasing the dream in Thailand and no, right now I can't get a "15 month visa" in Savannakhet due to the incredibly bad timing of events that I have absolutely no control over. Do I feel "cheated"? Do I want someone to 'fix' this for me? Despite my collective 25 years here plus a wife and family, am I really all that special?

Anyway, I was more interested in your earlier view as follows:

Your view is that the UK easily allows just any nationality in and that you consider this to be detrimental to the UK. The Chinese seem to draw a significant bit of your ire despite the fact the virus is killing as much if not more of 'them than it is of 'us'. I wonder just how many Italians are gasping "Damn those Chinese!" as they expire.

However, you seem to insist without any real justification that Thailand should be a bit more generous when it comes to you... sorry 'us'? Thailand owes you... sorry 'us' what exactly? You appear to have forsaken your homeland and that's neither the fault of Thailand's government or that of successive UK governments.

No one is asking the Thai government to be more generous, but they should appreciate how much retirees and tourists have been contributing to the economy, they have chased away a lot of these people because of some of their ridiculous immigration issues, and with no Chinese coming just now, it might just eventually bite them in the ass.

As I have said, the Chinese will be allowed to swarm back in here when this is over, and probably bring their viruses with them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, anchadian said:

All borders are to be closed to foreigners today 26 March.

I have checked scheduled flight arrivals today and there are many international flights due to arrive.

Am I correct therefore, that all these flights are carrying ONLY Thai citizens and foreigners with work permits, diplomats and pilots?

Surely there is something quite not right here.

Airlines needs to keep flying because they can lose their so called slots. And there are loads of people with not cancelled tickets flying home this week. Some European airlines stops flying from Thailand March 29, some March 31. If the planes are empty or not when flying here, so what? Is this very important to you? 

Edited by Max69xl

37 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

If I was an immigration officer, my answer would be: Get the correct Visa. Why do you think you have the right to feel cheated? Are you someone special? 400k in the bank for the 1 year extension based on marriage isn't that much money imo. If you're going for 90 days Visa runs, and now can't do it because of the virus, is that really immigrations fault? I don't know what type of visa you're currently on. 

You have not read my post properly, so your comment is not worth answering, you are not even worth having a debate with, so any more posts from you will not be answered.

5 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

No one is asking the Thai government to be more generous, but they should appreciate how much retirees and tourists have been contributing to the economy, they have chased away a lot of these people because of some of their ridiculous immigration issues, and with no Chinese coming just now, it might just eventually bite them in the ass.

As I have said, the Chinese will be allowed to swarm back in here when this is over, and probably bring their viruses with them.

I am quite sure the Thai government will require a health certificate and maybe also a travel insurance when they open up the borders again. 

48 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

Hum, I guess you are missing the point as most of the expats married and living in Thailand (somehow not my case) have invested everything and more to make a life for (accessorily with) their loved ones earning them the right not be afraid of being separated.

I do think that it s a legitimate thought

I might add that there are not "correct" visas as far as the marriage is concerned as being married is only a factor which might be taken in consideration giving one a rest for a little while until renewal comes.