US embassy letter for extension at Chaeng Wattana March 25

I did mine at Yasothon where it took 2 hours of phone calls and at least 50 duplicate stamped and signed documents for a 14 day extension but I was the only one there for most of it so I'll take that as a win.They were worried about accepting the emailed version of the embassy letter.

1 hour ago, BigJ said:

However, I wanted to let all know that the personalized letter about Covid 19 from the US Embassy was accepted by Chaeng Wattana in good faith and did get me an extra 28 days from today.

I presume, you were using a printed out version of the letter that the U.S. Embassy emailed to you? So one that doesn't have an actual inked signature or stamp on it...  But was accepted nonetheless by BKK CW Immigration?

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

I would like to add that the workers in the N section where I received my extension were very friendly and working hard.  Although they were " by the book" and weren't going to let you get away with anything such as missing documents etc., They weren't trying to give anyone a hard time either for no apparent reason- even though my suit was at the dry cleaners.

i got the 'under consideration stamp' and have to report back also on Apr 22. I was in section K, the section for visa exempt, among others, and the immigration officer told me that i would need a new letter. i plan to ask for a 'new' letter from US embassy at the beginning of april. 

On 3/27/2020 at 10:57 AM, bangkokboy888 said:

i got the 'under consideration stamp' and have to report back also on Apr 22. I was in section K, the section for visa exempt, among others, and the immigration officer told me that i would need a new letter. i plan to ask for a 'new' letter from US embassy at the beginning of april. 

As we had 2 different experiences with similar results, I think you are right- it can't hurt to get a new letter and it was easy enough to get so it would be prudent for me and you and everyone reading this to get a new letter (unless there is some big announcement in the meantime, but I won't hold my breath).

Not really of importance, I was told to go to Section K at first and then the Supervisor of K told me to go to Section N instead.  So readers of this post can flip a coin when they get to CW - heads it is K , tails it is N ????

so can anyone shed some light on what will happen when my and @BigJ have to go back for a visa 'extension' in a few weeks? 

my immigration officer told me that i would need a new letter? not sure what content the new letter would have over the old letter. 

anybody have any ideas about what the renewal process will be like?