Question on possible overstay

I turned my US passport into immigration this Monday for the one year visa, was told it will take around 21 days to process and be mailed back to me, ( used a agent ). 

My tourist visa expires on April 13th. Even if I don't have my passport back by them, will I be in overstay ?  Sorry if this dumb question, first time I have done this. 

If immigration accepted your passport for processing, you are OK. You will not be considered to be on overstay even if your passport is not returned before April 13. You should plan on visiting immigration on the first day after Songkran (what a nightmare!) just in case the conversion was denied (unlikely) to apply for an extension of your permission to stay without overstay penalty.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BritTim said:

You should plan on visiting immigration on the first day after Songkran (what a nightmare!) just in case the conversion was denied (unlikely) to apply for an extension of your permission to stay without overstay penalty.

There is no Songkran holidays this year. They have been canceled.

Immigration will be open on April 13, 14 and the 15th.

His agent has his passport so he would not be able to anything.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If immigration accepted your passport for processing, you are OK. You will not be considered to be on overstay even if your passport is not returned before April 13. You should plan on visiting immigration on the first day after Songkran (what a nightmare!) just in case the conversion was denied (unlikely) to apply for an extension of your permission to stay without overstay penalty.

Thanks for the info, thought as much, but wanted to make sure. Agent said same, always nice to have second opinion. 

Should we be registering with the British Embassy to inform them that we would like to be on a list for any repatriation programme that may take place.

I've tried phoning the Bitish Embassy but to no avail. They dont display an email on their website. Your thoughts, please

6 minutes ago, Billpro785 said:

Thanks for the info, thought as much, but wanted to make sure. Agent said same, always nice to have second opinion. 

Never had to give my passport out of my hands for my 1y extensions... what kind of Visa does require this? Or is it that - as ubonjoe hinted - it is your agent who keeps it? That might give you some issues when landing in an immigration or police check... 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Swiss1960 said:

Never had to give my passport out of my hands for my 1y extensions... what kind of Visa does require this? Or is it that - as ubonjoe hinted - it is your agent who keeps it? That might give you some issues when landing in an immigration or police check... 

Same here.  Never heard of 21 days.