Extension of stay DENIED - because of one paper / signature of ex missing

19 hours ago, mngmn said:

Try to get the press on your home country interested in doing a story. Shame them into acting reasonably.

something tells me that the press in any country right now has more urgent news on which to report and even if reported, it will not make a smattering of difference to thai immigration.

the best advice given, and that does not mean it is easy, cheap, or guarantees any outcome, but is to find a recommended thai attorney who can assist--in the meantime, do the 30 day extension as previously recommended.

On 3/26/2020 at 3:57 PM, BritManToo said:

Would your ex-wife still have to sign the immigration paper if she were dead?

Just wondering you understand.

My ex dying of corona or cancer would be the biggest gift in the world for myself and my child, finally free, but not so lucky.

If ex = dead = I have sole custody, which I don't have know and 5 lawyers kinda explained it is impossible as most judges need valid reasons to change to sole custody (have to beat my child into the hospital, kind of thing) and I cannot BUY my child free from my ex as they have (family) 10 to 99 more money than me.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, mngmn said:

Try to get the press on your home country interested in doing a story. Shame them into acting reasonably.

Embassy = no interest -> Thai laws, you are screwed and on your own

Foreign affairs = no interest -> Thai laws, you are screwed and on your own

National newspapers = no interest -> not even a reply when I had a PR news flash to all of them

Thai immigration -> even we see your wife is clearly breaking the law, not our job / concern and will not give you a visa  (I showed them court divorce agreement where ex signed to help, and thus breaking thai law, but need one of them shark laws at 150.000 baht to write 1 little paper to court to try to remind ex, to help or else ... She can ignore 2x this joke and than maybe 500 baht fine and a WAI ?)

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

This is family matter and no media would do "a story" about that. BTW shame who?

Can't be possibly suggesting Thai imm.

family ... Thai grandparents, uncles, aunts ....

I invited them all last year to talk face to face, none showed up, all too busy with their own little narcissistic lives .... haha, those grandparents are / were most out of the country for travel than in Thailand ... 

23 hours ago, poohy said:

Can you not suddenly "find you ex" and she magically signs it .........if you get my drift!

there probably a few out of work forgers about on Kho saan actually a normal Thai person could perfect it by probably copying it a few times 

they have my ex wife information ... a phone call and denial of signing = JAIL TIME for me, no thank you,not that crazy

ps: believe or not, my ex has connections in that and other offices, never had to wait long in the past, as her aunt was middle high up in immigration...

• Like 2

23 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

just curious why you did not get the family court to grant you sole custody of ur child,same time you got divorced ? Once you have that ur ex is 100% out of the picture. Never need her signature for anything,

Thats what i did, since than never any problems

call me stupid, but It was with mediator, the court prefers to sort out things than to go full trial ... you have to do this 2 times before going full trial... I wish I had...

ex agreed that I could stay, LIVE in the house (she moved out) to raise my child till 20 years old.

I gave up the fight for our 2 houses for this "RIGHT" (down 15 million baht)

I asked sole custody, but the agreement made with mediator was shared custody as my ex pretended she wanted to care also for the child... on paper

my child saw the mother, in 365 days, less than 12 hours in 3 visits, last one dating july 2019 when she came with Police to try to evict my mother that was on a holiday to visit me and her grandchild !

It is only possible in Thailand if ex is poor and wants to SELL the child... sad but true

Now asking or trying sole custody , answer from 1 honest lawyer : only if the mother would beat up the child during her shared custody, would a judge even consider to change the custody to sole...   most cases, the judge sees no reason to change it and the case is thrown out, together with the spend money on the attempt...

Edited by justin case
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Even a cheap lawyer can do this successfully for you, if you provide some proof, and kid as witness.

I was fishing for one .... what is cheap ?  last Lawyer leaves me with BAD TASTE in my mouth and wallet to not have told me: go for the half of everything and made me sign this crappy useless piece of paper my ex does not follow with no consequences

I paid full price to that lawyer and still have problems with ex but instead of billing me for new services, those WOLVES want FULL COURT PRICE AGAIN

probably reading up on the story, but I will not name as I don't need a defamation suite on top of the <deleted> I have right now...

let's just say, if people with my kind of problems post here, well, not as severe as my <deleted>, a certain person hunting for these people in need on TV here will  PM that person and advise them to use a certain individual they recommend that is close to them... and they can help everybody in Thailand as they travel all over ....

Edited by justin case

2 minutes ago, justin case said:

they have my ex wife information ... a phone call and denial of signing = JAIL TIME for me, no thank you,not that crazy

ps: believe or not, my ex has connections in that and other offices, never had to wait long in the past, as her aunt was middle high up in immigration...

Justin, if you read whole thread you will notice that I'm one of very few that stated, do not do anything illegal. Your problems have been going on for some time. The x is waiting for you to "stuff up".

It's not unusual. Seems you cannot afford an elite visa. That would solve your issues.

You have deal remain in a home? Think I read that once in one of your threads.

No way will you have success if she is connected. You need new option. 

In mean time a letter from embassy more about covid will buy you time.

22 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Just get the thing signed and go to a different immigration officer.

there are 3 desks in Samut Prakarn and damn me, I always end up with the same lady.

And they remember me from last year ... I talked to the head of that office, my lawyer did also, she ended up arguing with my lawyer and almost kicked us out the office, telling me last year to get a tourist visa...  I had,once again, all papers with me that time, but still married but wife , same same, did not sign paper x,y,z and ...  thought it would be different, being divorced and a court divorce agreement that PROVED I could LIVE in the house till child is 20, but immigration wants a new signed confirmation, preferable, in the PRESENCE of my ex

as my ex planned this months / years in advance last year, with one objective : get me out of the country with no valid visa

for the ELITE visa thing, I am 49, not going to spend 500.000 baht for that 1 year and if I would get my visa ex-tented next year.... guess what Immigration will ask :  proof by Ex-wife I can live in said house to raise my child...

my divorce left me 1 thing :  live in the house that I paid for, for a few years and my only option is now to go rent somewhere else ???

6 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Really sorry for your troubles fella but credit to you for taking care of your child , could an agent not do it on your behalf and sort it out I have never used one but it appears that agents seem to have good contacts in the IO who will turn a blind eye . Hope you manage to get sorted .

thanks for your reply...

I would love if an agent can solve this ....  Always end up with same IO , also previous years, guess this is the one person that have to check papers for EVERYBODY coming in ... small office

and ex has real life connections (aunt that is/was middle up level at immigration)

my child feels as we are being targeted by this corruption thanks to ex.

My ex is the kind that is nice to everybody for face, but not to her own child ...

The horror stories that happened behind my back for years are heart breaking and only now coming out, when my child dares to speak about what had to be kept secret from me.

Thai grand parents : don't care, rich selfish bastards.

ps: my ex was thrown out of HER family when she was PREGNANT because she decided not to abort, even the whole Thai family took her for a ride to the abortion clinic, when I was waiting in my home country while my ex came to Thailand to get a marriage visa ...

Can you not suddenly "find you ex" and she magically signs it .........if you get my drift!

there probably a few out of work forgers about on Kho saan actually a normal Thai person could perfect it by probably copying it a few times 

If you ever can get a copy of her ID  then make many...... and follow suggestion above

i think the first line would have been enough, and safest to suggest

5 hours ago, Mattd said:

OP, this makes no sense, did you present the KR.6 that details all of the divorce agreements, custody rights etc. to immigration?

off course I did

she even remarked my ex is breaking the law, that I have the right to live there, but IO cannot / does not want give extension without some extra Thai paper signed by ex saying I can live there, even my divorce agreement STATES I can ...

off course, nothing will happen to ex and what I got from lawyer info, even I go to court now, she can just ignore this 2 TIMES !!!!! before any "police" action would be undertaken...

ps: a few weeks before my ex left, she stole enough money from my account to pay 3 court cases .... and the law does not punish, even it is a crime, theft among married people

Flame post and response to it removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

59 minutes ago, justin case said:

call me stupid, but It was with mediator, the court prefers to sort out things than to go full trial ... you have to do this 2 times before going full trial... I wish I had...

ex agreed that I could stay, LIVE in the house (she moved out) to raise my child till 20 years old.

I gave up the fight for our 2 houses for this "RIGHT" (down 15 million baht)

I asked sole custody, but the agreement made with mediator was shared custody as my ex pretended she wanted to care also for the child... on paper

my child saw the mother, in 365 days, less than 12 hours in 3 visits, last one dating july 2019 when she came with Police to try to evict my mother that was on a holiday to visit me and her grandchild !

It is only possible in Thailand if ex is poor and wants to SELL the child... sad but true

Now asking or trying sole custody , answer from 1 honest lawyer : only if the mother would beat up the child during her shared custody, would a judge even consider to change the custody to sole...   most cases, the judge sees no reason to change it and the case is thrown out, together with the spend money on the attempt...

This wont help you but might help the next one that gets a S#@T wife

You had a lousy lawyer,

With mine,( NO mediator, whta the F#@K did u have one for?)  we went to court once, I stood up in front of the 3 judges and explained why i wanted divorce and sole custody, (ex ran off an deserted us), took about 45 minutes, (Ex never bothered to show up an the court fined her 1,000 baht). Week later had the divorce papers and sole custody papers, cost total 50,000 baht

Sorry for ur unfortunate luck.  

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All good in my bunker in splendid isolation 15km south of Prachuap i was meant to be in Dudley now but things change.

Next season will be ours!

Stay safe! Wolves Aye we

worse places to spend the time.stay safe 

It's agent time. They have some unknown way of solving such issues. I could never explain it. 

Suggestion two: move to different province. It's luck of the draw with IO. Much easier than leaving the country. 

Edited by Ebumbu
  • Like 2

here visa agent update

how the hell can "they" get a visa while I cannot get it the legal way ?

long live corruption, or it is just a SCAM ...

4-6 months ?

----------------------------------------------

I can get you 1 year extension: 30,000THB
No need for money in the bank/her signature.

It will take about 4-6 months to complete

Required documents
-Your passport
-Your passport size photos
-Copy of childbirth cer.
-Copy of divorce cer.
-20 Photos in/around House together with your child
-20 Photos of traveling together with your child

16 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

This wont help you but might help the next one that gets a S#@T wife

You had a lousy lawyer,

With mine,( NO mediator, whta the F#@K did u have one for?)  we went to court once, I stood up in front of the 3 judges and explained why i wanted divorce and sole custody, (ex ran off an deserted us), took about 45 minutes, (Ex never bothered to show up an the court fined her 1,000 baht). Week later had the divorce papers and sole custody papers, cost total 50,000 baht

Sorry for ur unfortunate luck.  

did you really go to Family court ?

Court force you 2 mediation sessions or attempts (if other party does not show up), in the hope you can resolve your divorce before going full court

as said before, ex and family don't need or want my money, they have 10 to 99x more

ex plan is : my exit out of Thailand and immigration is doing a great job helping them (+ connected)

worst NIGHTMARE scenario

14 minutes ago, justin case said:

here visa agent update

how the hell can "they" get a visa while I cannot get it the legal way ?

long live corruption, or it is just a SCAM ...

4-6 months ?

----------------------------------------------

I can get you 1 year extension: 30,000THB
No need for money in the bank/her signature.

It will take about 4-6 months to complete

Required documents
-Your passport
-Your passport size photos
-Copy of childbirth cer.
-Copy of divorce cer.
-20 Photos in/around House together with your child
-20 Photos of traveling together with your child

They have contacts with immigration and some requirements can be waived with money and the signature of some officer. That's the thai way of making things easier. 

Edited by Tayaout
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, justin case said:

did you really go to Family court ?

Court force you 2 mediation sessions or attempts (if other party does not show up), in the hope you can resolve your divorce before going full court

as said before, ex and family don't need or want my money, they have 10 to 99x more

ex plan is : my exit out of Thailand and immigration is doing a great job helping them (+ connected)

worst NIGHTMARE scenario

YES, i really did>> why would i Lie about it?

Full court? in Phuket family court, it was just me, my lawyer,  3 judges, (2 ladies, 1 man) and the person transcribing the words spoken

F#@K a mediator,

Edited by phuketrichard

I know an American attorney who works for a firm here in Bangkok. I have already contacted him and will attempt to private message you (as I've never done that before) with his info...

<removed> Contact by PM.
Line ID: A-I-C

Edited by ubonjoe
removed email address and phone number (forum rule)