Extension of stay DENIED - because of one paper / signature of ex missing

I did my panic run yesterday to SAMUT PRAKARN immigration because my non-o multi runs out soon and with the pending LOCKDOWN...

So first I went to my bank, not my regular as closed around, had to find a stand-alone K-bank.

After about 1 hour, got my paper and could head to immigration.

A total chaos ... they gave a post-it with a hand written number on it. 

Some people had 31x ... I was giving a low number, so had to wait for a cycle ?

The computer screens were off ... there was Thai news playing a screen. 

The IO were shouting numbers in ... THAI LANGUAGE for an immigration office ... mhhhhh

Could hardly hear them. Asked my CHILD that had to be there (extension based of Parent of Thai Child) to also listen.

So with no follow up screens, that one hour or so later were turned on, but never changed (like a screenshot) even after we left hours later...

Gave all my paperwork, TM7, money in the bank, divorce papers - stating I can live in the house till child is 20 years old,  TM30, bankbook, bank letter, map, etc...

Need EX-wife to sign a paper ... I claim truly that I have no more contact with my ex, she does not visit child, she supposed (divorce agreement) to sign papers for immigration / my visa , but refuses (her plan to get my out / in trouble) ...

The IO start to talk to my CHILD in stead of me, in THAI... mother needs to sign this, my child replies, I saw her ONCE this year, she will never sign, she does not know either where she lives (ex keeps it secret) ...

Guess what :   NO EXTENSION GIVEN !!!

because 1 signature of my ex-wife, that does not care for the child, that lives who knows where, that acts like a child, the IO even said, but your ex-wife HAS TOO, she is breaking the law (divorce court agreement) ... I said : YES, I know and it costs 150.000 baht at least to pay some damn SHARK of a LAWYER to go to court again to file a petition to "remind" my ex-wife to follow the law ...

anyway, again, same as last YEAR :  NO VISA

+ now CORONA <deleted>, cannot fly out/in to get a new multi non-o in an embassy

thank you very much

IO tried to flip me a 1600 baht fine, but I showed her a TM 30 online, as she was curious how I did this ...

nice right ...

anybody knows a GOOD lawyer that is not a total rip-off

last one defended my rights so good & fast, to get my ex-wife agree to a useless piece of paper (no claim to our 2 houses, but I would have the right to live in 1 to raise our child) that my ex does not follow without any consequences...

in stead of going for half of the 2 houses I help pay for 10+ years, even I already paid the 3 percent of costs to the court for my claim, but they never even looked it up if that was feasible .... bye bye that money, bye bye money to lawyer, court ...

after the 1x 60 days to visit my child, it is bye bye, IO said, have to leave the country...

so anybody knows an honest lawyer that would take my case without stealing the little life savings I have left...

• Confused 2
  • Sad 7

6 minutes ago, mngmn said:

Try to get the press on your home country interested in doing a story. Shame them into acting reasonably.

This is family matter and no media would do "a story" about that. BTW shame who?

Can't be possibly suggesting Thai imm.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 2

You should have asked her if she could care for your kid. Instead of being in country you are forced to leave. Your ex comes around once a year to extort money. Both you and child have no idea where she lives. Leave the kid there - go get a drink of water and return. She'll have thought on that poor child a moment.

What a mess.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You can extend any 90 day entry of a NON O by 60 days based on visiting your child. That may give you some leeway. This is a standard extension, nothing to do with Covid.

Edited by PST
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, PST said:

You can extend any 90 day entry of a NON O by 60 days based on visiting your child. That may give you some leeway. This is a standard extension, nothing to do with Covid.

He was applying for extension.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

He was applying for extension.

Yes, but looking at the list of documents, it was for a year. You dont need financials for a 60 day extension.

Edited by PST

19 minutes ago, poohy said:

Where did i say it was legal but  it's an option is it not

agree, it's done every single day and more then once or twice.... drastic situations call for drastic decisions/actions

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

agree, it's done every single day and more then once or twice.... drastic situations call for drastic decisions/actions

The cheapest way might be to go from sole custody for your child at the worst it would make you ex come running at best if the court cannot find her you will get a court paper to show the immigration and not need the mother's signature 

1 hour ago, poohy said:

Can you not suddenly "find you ex" and she magically signs it .........if you get my drift!

there probably a few out of work forgers about on Kho saan actually a normal Thai person could perfect it by probably copying it a few times 

pooh, wolves fan here.how you doing

6 minutes ago, daveyboy69 said:

pooh, wolves fan here.how you doing

All good in my bunker in splendid isolation 15km south of Prachuap i was meant to be in Dudley now but things change.

Next season will be ours!

Stay safe! Wolves Aye we

2 minutes ago, poohy said:

All good in my bunker in splendid isolation 15km south of Prachuap i was meant to be in Dudley now but things change.

Next season will be ours!

Stay safe! Wolves Aye we

Listening to Slade no doubt

• Haha 2

Get an agent familiar with IO's at your location and have her/him arrange something with them. This should be possible to solve without taking the detour thru lawyers and courts, and will save you a lot of money and headache in the end.

I would advice against forging you ex's signature though, especially since they know by now you can't get it.

16 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

I know a guy in a similar situation who did his wife's signature better than she did.

Of course would that be illegal. 

17 hours ago, poohy said:

Can you not suddenly "find you ex" and she magically signs it .........if you get my drift!

there probably a few out of work forgers about on Kho saan actually a normal Thai person could perfect it by probably copying it a few times 

16 hours ago, Mavideol said:

I think all of these observations make a good point. The signature to certify the document copy could be easily gotten by your ex-wife or someone authorized to sign on the ex-wife's behalf.   Hopefully when you calm down, you will be able to obtain the necessary signature.

Let us know how it works out ???? 

• Like 2

Dear sir, I have every sympathy for you and your child, I am now in the Philippines due to the Thai nation being able to do what they have done to you and not wishing it done to me. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3