BMA to close more public venues, reopening for three types

webfact

BMA to close more public venues, reopening for three types

By THE NATION

800_1ff64382fd0ccec.jpg?v=1585298367

BMA spokesman Pongsakorn Kwanmuang (Photo: National Broadcasting Services of Thailand)

Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) will close down more public venues, effective from midnight Friday (March 27) until April 30, as it steps up preventive measures to curb spread of the Covid-19 contagion.

Venues to be closed are sport arenas of both humans and animals, public playgrounds, public theatres and recreational shows, museums, libraries, meeting and banquet rooms in hotels, snooker clubs, aesthetic clinics, public and private nurseries, according to BMA spokesman Pongsakorn Kwanmuang.

“However, three types of venues that were ordered to close previously, will be allowed to reopen: Hospital cafeterias (provided that social distancing will be practised), flower shops in markets, branch offices of government agencies and state enterprises located in department stores, such as post office and immigration offices,” he added.

On March 21, BMA ordered the temporary closure of many places it deemed high risk locations for Covid-19 infection in the capital from March 22 to April 12, including restaurants, department stores, schools, universities and markets (except for fresh food vendors and food stalls).

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30384939

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-03-27

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I guess it means the playgrounds in those parks, but not the whole park,

Weird..... My wife jogs there, and just the other day, talked about some farang guys blowing past here huffing and puffing as they ran past...not wearing any masks of course.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Venues to be closed are sport arenas of both humans and animals,

the sports arenas were supposed to be closed back March 3rd, they didn't and March 6 more than 5K people went to the Lumpini one and got infected, then it was supposed to be closed (again) the next day..... now it appears it wasn't closed at all, the post says all sport arenas to be closed starting March 27, what's wrong with these (stingy/greedy) people

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Does that mean public parks like Benjakiti and Benjasiri and Lumpini in BKK????

The playgrounds and gym equipment at Lumpini Park were roped off a few days ago and signs posted in Thai indicating they were not to be used. I run in Lumpini every morning starting at 7 am and there are always people doing Yoga, Thai Chi, and older folks drinking coffee.

4 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

the sports arenas were supposed to be closed back March 3rd, they didn't and March 6 more than 5K people went to the Lumpini one and got infected, then it was supposed to be closed (again) the next day..... now it appears it wasn't closed at all, the post says all sport arenas to be closed starting March 27, what's wrong with these (stingy/greedy) people

And who owns/operates the boxing arenas again??? Please remind me!!!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Social distancing or not??? I'd guess not...

Yes, social distancing a good 6 feet between mats and in front of the bigger lake where they have a nice view, Runners have all been keeping clear of others, and giving a wide berth to the folks walking, its pretty orderly.  Yesterday morning they were sanitizing the childrens play ground area's and today they were washing some of the interior roads around some of the smaller areas.  PLenty of police spread around the park as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

on my way to immigration, stop around On Nut, it did not seem like a lockdown

way to many little shops open on the sidewalk, cluttering foot traffic

everybody will get it

they better close down SUGAR BEVERAGE selling shops because one drink will stop your NK killer cells from doing their job for 4-6 hours ... 

• Confused 1

Today's run in Lumpini Park, notice the social distancing.  Some people are calling me socially irresponsible, and being selfish, while possibly spreading whatever it is I may or may not have because I am not self isolating and hiding from the world like they are.  Being safe, doing the right thing and staying healthy is my goal, not sitting inside locked away and becoming depressed.  But the day they do force us to stay inside I at least live in a nice condo on the top floor, that has three large balconies and a 240 degree with views of the city and the park.....

20200320_075831[9200].jpg

20200320_080209[9202].jpg

20200324_081141.jpg

20200324_081332.jpg

20200324_081900.jpg

20200326_075440.jpg

20200326_081134.jpg

20200328_081314.jpg

20200328_081325.jpg

20200328_081424 - Copy (2).jpg