Carpets In Thailand

Brewster67

I have been thinking recently about how much I miss having nice soft carpets on the floors.

It is one of the things I miss about not living in the UK, my carpets.

I have to admit, walking around on these hard tiled floors all days sometimes make my feet hurt like hell. It can't be good for your feet. I have some slippers, but I don't like wearing them because they make my feet hot and sweaty because your feet are one of the areas your body loses heat to regulate temperature.

I have been looking around the internet for carpets and i can't seem to find anything adequate, they either have only the crappy flat cheapo type that we usually just use in offices in the UK. or they just sell rugs.

I want wall to wall carpets for my two front lounges and the bedrooms. Another thing, the carpets i have found, the rolls are only like 3.6 meters long and my rooms for example the front rooms are 8x7.5 and 6x4.5... So there would be seams all over the place... Not good.

Any ideas?... Also, what are the downsides to having carpets?

18 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

Any ideas?... Also, what are the downsides to having carpets?

so many impossible to list.

there are nice throw rugs at Index that you can have in your bedroom.

i have a medium size one for my bed as that is a high traffic area. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Bramley said:

Each to his own, I suppose, but personally I hate carpets, they are filthy. When you sweep or mop those tiled floors, all that dirt would just stay in your carpets and be impossible to remove.

A good vacuum cleaner can help you big already & coming inside with clean feet…., but you are right after some years they need replacement , I myself like carpet too,  but I would alredy be satisficed with those thick European  vinyls 4/5 m large on running meters roll …. those are soft nice and can be cleaned as you say...but price in the west a sqm same as tiles in Thailand ….so....

Edited by david555

26 minutes ago, Bramley said:

Each to his own, I suppose, but personally I hate carpets, they are filthy. When you sweep or mop those tiled floors, all that dirt would just stay in your carpets and be impossible to remove.

I was thinking of getting a good vacuum cleaner with a beater roller, maybe import a Dyson, that cures the dirt and dust problems.

But looks like the best advice is some large rugs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

I was thinking of getting a good vacuum cleaner with a beater roller, maybe import a Dyson, that cures the dirt and dust problems.

But looks like the best advice is some large rugs.

Ikea has 2.9 to2.40 ones 

13 minutes ago, NightSky said:

just make some of these from an old rug instead and save money..

lise-el-sayed-tapistongs.jpeg

And remember to spend 30 minutes a day grounding yourself outside in the sun on grass, or on your balcony with a nice <deleted> carpet piece.....and no I still have not found a proper shaggin wagon to buy here....

14 hours ago, Crossy said:

Fitted carpets in the tropics?

Get big rugs, lots if you like. You can take them outside and beat the living daylights out of them (good therapy for those going stir-crazy) and leave them in the (free) sunshine to kill all the bugs.

I take it you mean leaving the rugs outside, permanently. Where they belong in a tropical environment.