British embassy extension letter

So I finally got my extension letter off the British embassy to take to immigration on Thursday 2nd April as I have already used my extension.

do I need to print this letter off or just show it on my phone ? Because I’m guessing I’m gonna have a hard time finding somewhere like a printing shop to get all this in paper form 

do I need to pay the usual 1900 baht and bring 1 passport photo and a photocopy of my passport and visa stamp still for this pandemic?

also what are we supposed to do in another months time when this extension is now over and the borders / flights are still closed / cancelled, they gonna let us just extend again ?  Everyday I’m just reading that more cases are found and it’s getting worse. 

OP. I suggest you print it off and in color. Most IOs have shops for printing although I would not be sure at the new place in Bangkok. Yes the fee is still required, and photo, etc. The ability to get the extra 30 day extension is the only provision so far, but I hope that will change.

Again, at this time, after 30 more days, another extension with an Embassy letter can be obtained.. Although I expect there to be future leniency. Having all these people congregate at Immigration Offices does not make sense as the infection numbers increase here too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Most IOs have shops for printing although I would not be sure at the new place in Bangkok.

I think most of the 78 or so offices in the country do not have such a thing. I would say the number might be one and that is in Bangkok.

Some may have places to do it nearby.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I think most of the 78 or so offices in the country do not have such a thing. I would say the number might be one and that is in Bangkok.

Some may have places to do it nearby.

I should have spoken more clearly and included nearby places. Pattaya has both. 

My visa also expires on 2 April but after watching some tourists' videos and pics of what is going on at this place, I've decided just to overstay. It looks like the perfect place to get infected. I cant believe that at the very least theu don't seem to care about all the staff that have to work there every day. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I should have spoken more clearly and included nearby places. Pattaya has both. 

Try to print out a document in colour at Jomtien Immigration or outside immigration. Making a copy is not same as a printout in colour from a flash drive. 

10 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

My visa also expires on 2 April but after watching some tourists' videos and pics of what is going on at this place, I've decided just to overstay. It looks like the perfect place to get infected. I cant believe that at the very least theu don't seem to care about all the staff that have to work there every day. 

Do you reckon they will fine you ? Or just wave it? I would imagine there are hundreds of people who will just overstay because they don’t know what to do rather than point blank not follow the rules.. On one hand I can understand a lot of people overstaying because they probably don’t even know that they have to attend the immigration office to extend, not to mention the health risk being in a tight space with people from all kinds of nationalities health is the most important thing... but on the other hand they love the money with the overstay fines! 

hope it works out for you man