Elton John joined by Dave Grohl, Billie Joe Armstrong, Billie Eilish and more for live coronavirus relief concert

snoop1130

Elton John joined by Dave Grohl, Billie Joe Armstrong, Billie Eilish and more for live coronavirus relief concert

eltongrohlarmstrong-696x442.jpg

Dave Grohl and Billie Joe Armstrong both took part in Elton's concert (Picture: Getty)

Sir Elton John assembled some of the biggest names in music to perform live from their homes last night in a televised concert to raise money for the coronavirus relief effort.

The hour-long living room concert saw performances from the likes of Billie Eilish, Dave Grohl, Green Day‘s Billie Joe Armstrong, Mariah Carey and Sam Smith,and many more.

Grohl performed an acoustic rendition of ‘My Hero’, while Billie Joe Armstrong delivered a stripped back take on ‘Boulevard of Broken Dreams’.

Introducing his performance, Grohl said: “I hope you’re staying healthy. If you love someone let them know, if you’re thankful for someone, tell them. I’d like to dedicate this song to all the people out there on the frontlines that are doing their best to get us through all of this.”

Full Story: https://www.nme.com/news/music/elton-john-joined-by-dave-grohl-billie-joe-armstrong-and-more-for-live-coronavirus-relief-concert-2637350

A little tone deaf both literally and figuratively. Concert telethons are proven ways to raise money for charities, political parties, etc. But in the past, those watching had employment and the resources to donate. In the US, people have been waiting for their representative clowns to broker a bill that will get them money to live on. I’m sure donating is not at the top of many people’s list.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, inactiveposter said:

They performed from their homes. Did you miss the first sentence?

You’ve got to remember, that half the people are of below average intelligence, of that group half of them again are below the average intelligence... and so on... until we have people who struggle to comprehend what they are reading... :coffee1:

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

So where was that <deleted> Geldorf.

You mean the chappy who raised $127 million for famine relief in Africa with Live Aid and another $44 million from the Band Aid single... 

Really marko, I’m not targeting you, but the last 3 threads I have opened up you have outdone yourself with some galactically asinine comments...  Props to you... many struggle to come with such provocatively dumb comments. 

3 hours ago, inactiveposter said:

A little tone deaf both literally and figuratively. Concert telethons are proven ways to raise money for charities, political parties, etc. But in the past, those watching had employment and the resources to donate. In the US, people have been waiting for their representative clowns to broker a bill that will get them money to live on. I’m sure donating is not at the top of many people’s list.

Well yes and no. The unemployment rate might be 20 percent but there are still plenty of people that still have income from working. Also as all the normal places to go out to spend money are closed in much of the world … 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You mean the chappy who raised $127 million for famine relief in Africa with Live Aid and another $44 million from the Band Aid single... 

Really marko, I’m not targeting you, but the last 3 threads I have opened up you have outdone yourself with some galactically asinine comments...  Props to you... many struggle to come with such provocatively dumb comments. 

That's why ya love me,c'mon man admit it,no shame in it.

2 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:
6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

That's why ya love me,c'mon man admit it,no shame in it.

I need to remind myself... 

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 19.54.08.png

On 3/30/2020 at 4:48 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Fair play to him but the bloke is still a p****! Along with his horrible dead ex, who pushed Hutchence into a horrible place.