Soap destroys the virus. A cheap solution to the pandemic?

stephenterry

Okay, I'm going out on a limb here - but bear with me.

Soaps are denoted by the general formula RCOO-Na+, where R is any long chain alkyl group consisting 12 to 18 carbon atoms. Some common examples of fatty acids that are used in soaps are stearic acid having chemical formula C17H35COOH and palmitic acid having chemical formula C15H31COOH.

The fatty acids in soap are scientifically proven to destroy Covid19 on the skin, by making their cells inactive. Let's take it one stage further - not imbibing soapy water which is hardly a good idea and not recommended - but what about injecting the specific soapy fatty acid components into the bloodstream to fight and destroy the infection?

Could science be focused and targeted on producing such a vaccine? Or is it occurring already?

• Like 1

Soap acts as a dispersant by breaking down the thin layer of fat that surrounds the virus.  Once it is dissolved the virus is inactive.   I don't think it would be wise to use anything that breaks down cell membranes inside the body.   

10 minutes ago, Credo said:

Soap acts as a dispersant by breaking down the thin layer of fat that surrounds the virus.  Once it is dissolved the virus is inactive.   I don't think it would be wise to use anything that breaks down cell membranes inside the body.   

I think you'll find that any radical treatment, like chemo for cancer does exactly that. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2020 at 9:10 PM, stephenterry said:

I think you'll find that any radical treatment, like chemo for cancer does exactly that. 

OK. let me rephrase, I don't think soap would be a good idea to put in the body.

1 hour ago, Credo said:

OK. let me rephrase, I don't think soap would be a good idea to put in the body.

Agreed, but the everyday 'fatty' chemicals used in soap could be utilised to be anti toxic to human oral or intravenous consumptions. At the very least it's a whole lot better and cheaper than aiming to create a new drug, as soap on skin tissue is proven to negate the virus' capability to infect cells.

On 3/31/2020 at 10:42 AM, stephenterry said:

Soaps are denoted by the general formula RCOO-Na+, where R is any long chain alkyl group consisting 12 to 18 carbon atoms. Some common examples of fatty acids that are used in soaps are stearic acid having chemical formula C17H35COOH and palmitic acid having chemical formula C15H31COOH.

The fatty acids in soap are scientifically proven to destroy Covid19 on the skin, by making their cells inactive. Let's take it one stage further - not imbibing soapy water which is hardly a good idea and not recommended - but what about injecting the specific soapy fatty acid components into the bloodstream to fight and destroy the infection?

Here's a good video showing how that works.

• Like 1