‘No Bangkok shutdown’

snoop1130

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

As the number of daily confirmed cases remain at an acceptable level,

What is that level?  That sounds like April 1st sort of double talk.  The journos in Thailand never ask hard questions.  For that, most people have little trust in the junta or the media.  They do not seem to have the average Thai's best interest at heart.  They are only interested in subjectgation and manipulation.

• Like 1

WE simply don't wan't to lockdown our capital city due to some weird virus (coming from Europe now apparently) because we need the money... what the hell is wrong with that for goodness sake?

14 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

now that all the sick people left...

Exactly, if they locked down Bangkok a month ago without allowing people to leave they might just have contained the virus from spreading nationwide, but the leaders in their wisdom announced the business closures first, giving everyone time to escape back home... with the virus!

Great thinking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, legend49 said:

The country used to have fun, then something happened 5 years ago and a new Captain took over.

You do not go back far enough. The fun started declining around 2002 and accelerated in 2004 after 'the' incident in the South. (I won't name the incident; although, I could). The bullying and fighting between the political parties escalated to the point the Military (with the King's knowledge) decided it needed to try to cool things down.  And that's no April fool.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Susco said:

I know of a country where they lie all year for fun

And I know of a Tourism unit of a Government that also tells porkies whenever they list what the numbers are and what they believe they will be.  I wonder if Carnack the Magnificent (Johnny Carson) works for them and they conjure him up from the dead in there crystal ball.......

Again, more inane policy from an administration so incompetent it defies the imagination. They cannot even get a consistent message out. Bangkok is already "shut down". And now Taweesin says it is not shut down, nor will be be shut down. What gives here? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yellowboat said:

What is that level?  That sounds like April 1st sort of double talk.  The journos in Thailand never ask hard questions.  For that, most people have little trust in the junta or the media.  They do not seem to have the average Thai's best interest at heart.  They are only interested in subjectgation and manipulation.

True.