Two Or Three Nights - Any Ideas? Also Bangkok?

taupo67

We're back for our annual month in Thailand this August and have a couple of days spare in the middle and wondered if anyone has any ideas/advice/bright ideas.

After a few days in Bangkok we're off to a homestay half way between Nakhon Ratchasima and Khon Kaen for 6 nights. We than have two or three nights spare before making our way down to Hua Hin.

Has anyone got any bright ideas on what to do for those two or three nights. We're not on a backpackers budet, but nor is money no object (we're teachers after all) and just up for anything different / rewarding / funny for a few nights (allowing for our travel itenary).

Also has anyone got any "new" must dos in Bangkok, as having been many, many times over the last decade we think we're getting close to doing almost everything us trippers can think of. Once again we're open to to any ideas (i.e. two years ago someone recommended getting down the Army Barracks for some live ammo rifle shooting which I'm guessing is off limits this time around).

We're back for our annual month in Thailand this August and have a couple of days spare in the middle and wondered if anyone has any ideas/advice/bright ideas.

After a few days in Bangkok we're off to a homestay half way between Nakhon Ratchasima and Khon Kaen for 6 nights. We than have two or three nights spare before making our way down to Hua Hin.

Has anyone got any bright ideas on what to do for those two or three nights. We're not on a backpackers budet, but nor is money no object (we're teachers after all) and just up for anything different / rewarding / funny for a few nights (allowing for our travel itenary).

Also has anyone got any "new" must dos in Bangkok, as having been many, many times over the last decade we think we're getting close to doing almost everything us trippers can think of. Once again we're open to to any ideas (i.e. two years ago someone recommended getting down the Army Barracks for some live ammo rifle shooting which I'm guessing is off limits this time around).

Have you been to Phimai just north of Nakorn Ratchasima ? Nice Khmer temple.

Then there's Lopburi and of course Ayutthya.

Cheers

onzestan

p.s. don't know about shooting, try to stay away from guns :o

I'd second Phi Mai and also Phanom Lung which isn't too far from Khorat.